This win doesn't mean anything.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bill Belidouche, Sep 23, 2012.

1. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

We won by a fieldgoal. Last week the Pats lost by a fieldgoal. I think they would rather have this win than their loss last week.

2-1 with two wins against division rivals. A three point win is a win. A 30 point win is a win. They look the same in the W/L column right now.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

OK I'll buy into that. But with all this multitasking on offense, didn't you notice how this team struggles to score? I'm thinking the Buffalo game was an abberation and we ambushed them. Since then, every offensive series has been a crapshoot. Either this team doesn't have the right personnel to run Sparano's offense OR, Sparano's system isn't the one best suited for success in the NFL and you might want to ask dolphin fans about the latter.

Maybe "hiding" the new Jet Juggernaut offense took its toll on all these new people you mentioned (Coples not withstanding). Right now, this offense might be good enough to beat teams with inconsistent FG kickers and rookie QB's but when it comes to playing against the upper echelon? So far this offense comes up waay short.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Jets just played there worst game against a divisional opponent on the road and won. That is huge.

4. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I'm not quitting on the team at all. Just stating my opinion. At the end of the day, I'll be rooting for the Jets but my expectations are very low for the rest of this long season.

5. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

I can see your expectations being low for the next 3 or 4 games but the Jets have some very winnable games on their schedule after Week 8. For all we know the Jets could be 10-6 or better this year. It's way too early to tell.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

All I have to do is look at your post history to know that you are nothing interesting. Why don't you put a funny hat on in order to entertain us?

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah man, I can tell by your posts that you enjoy good content. Maybe you should die in a fire in protest against your oppressors. Worked for the monks.

8. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

"but to all you people who are quitting on the team...please dont try to come back when we win the division"

By the time the Jets win another division, most people on this board won't be alive to try and come back.

9. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

how can tanny be this bad? is there something we as fans can do to express our distaste for him and johnson?? its just so disheartening to see the product on the field be this bad. stop going to games and filling that clowns wallet until something changes

10. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

holy fuck . . . why are you so miserable? Enjoy the fucking win! It's a long season, and regardless of our overt flaws, this was a thrilling victory against an absolutely detested division rival. Just take a few hours to enjoy it. I promise, it will feel good if you let it. Seriously.

11. Brummie_Jet

Brummie_Jet New Member

Ditto man, you got to enjoy the W regardless of how it came about. It may be optimistic but if we get to the play offs no one will remember this game.

12. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

the 49ers lost to the vikings, whats to stop us from beating them then? i think the jets played like fucking dog shit today, but they got the W. they better learn from this game and go into next sunday ready to play

13. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I'll take the win, but there's not much there to savor.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Feel free to move on then. No one is holding you hostage and frankly should you leave, it really wouldn't matter one bit. I have a feeling there's plenty room for you over on ****.com.

15. dainfamusgc

dainfamusgc Active Member

Last i checked a win is a win. Def have some improvements to make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Happy about the win.2-1 is better than 1-2 so it means something.

Also Miami team will be better than everyone else thinks this year.

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Fuck the premise of this thread. Wins are wins.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

as i was reading this oakland just knocked off the team we lost to.
    last week oakland got blown out by the team we beat in ot.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You should let the NFL it doesn't count. They are under the impression that game counts. You should really let them so they can correct the mistake of having this game counting.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

1st place in the AFCE even if the Pats win. I like the sound of that, and even better the sound that by next week it will be Jets in 1st, Bills in 2nd, Pats in 3rd tied with phins after they lose to Ravens lolz. I don't know why everyone under estimated the dolphins. They ALWAYS play us tough. Yeah our season's over because we barely beat our division rival! Oh noooozzz!