2012 Fatcesa thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

exactly. there are 60 minutes in a game, the team in the lead can't just claim the win early because they feel like it.

2. boston_jet

boston_jet New Member

Umm that's exactly what they can do.

If a team performs better than their opponent for 59 minutes, and the other team does ALL it can do by stopping the clock on their possessions, using the 2 minute warning to its advantage, calling timeouts on D, and they STILL cannot stop the opponent in 3 downs, then they have lost the game. The offense at that point has every right to kneel it and claim victory.

Just look at what happened in the AZ/NE game. AZ was the better football team for 59 minutes. Instead of kneeling it (NE was out of timeouts with roughly 1:10 to go), they chose to run the ball, and fumbled, giving NE unbelievable field position essentially handing them the game. If they had just kneeled it on that play instead, they could have brought the clock down to ~30 seconds, and kicked it away, leaving NE on their side of the field with no timeouts and 25 second left.

It's not a cheap way to go out - it's situational football. And if you are in that position, it means you earned it. You have every right to kneel it.

With that said, you should also be aware, and expect (especially now) the possibility of a D line rush to jar the ball loose. But as the "experts" said, there's a certain unwritten rule that just says if the team is kneeling, they have earned the win. Game over.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The game isn't over til its all 0s on the clock. The Giants are being pussies about this

4. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

And the D has every right to get the ball loose.

5. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Da Jets hawwwpoooned Sanchez by bringing in Tebow. Now dere's backstabbizzz throwing Sanchez undah da bus thru the mediar! Classless!

6. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

He's right...I've been reading the local papers for 42 years and I can't recall a single play being elevated like Mehta did today.

7. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

For once, he's right. The Jets have never given Sanchez the chance to maximize his potential.

8. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

probably not but he still has accuracy issues at times. especially if there's any pressure in his face. if he hits holmes on the overthrow to make it 14-6 it's a brand new game.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

In this case, the Giants did not play better than the Bucs for 59 minutes.

They happened to be winning through 59 minutes though...

10. joolander

joolander New Member

11. harkin

harkin Member

Can't you still hate the Giants and acknowledge that what Schiano had the Bucs do was completely bush?

If dood wanted to show that his team played till the clock struck zero he should have had them show up for the fourth quarter.

Heck, if he really believes his own tripe he would have called a TO after the first high-school kneel-buster, he still had 0:02 to try this clown call again.

12. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tv/...he-insufferability-report-week-of-092112.html

From Drew Magary's insufferable report. I love this guy, even when he rips on the jets, it's hilarious.

5. Mike Francesa. Here is the single most humorless man ever to reside on planet Earth. He must watch lots of Seth Meyers. The man nods off on the air and then A) Refuses to admit he fell asleep when any sane person would admit it with a touch of good humor, and B) Can't take it when callers razz him for it. Francesa even brought up how much money he made to shut callers up. People of New York, Francesa this man and taunt him endlessly for being a self-important jackass. Mike Francesca is a greased Hefty bag with glasses. He's nothing. Nothing he says has ever mattered or ever will. Going to sleep on the air should be the defining moment of his career. No one deserves it more.

13. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

just took a shot at the jets on the bart scott thing with the reporter

'whaddaya know, anotha nawmal day in the footbawl world, da giants win by 35 pts and da jets ah fightin wit repawtiz'

14. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I'm betting this is the week he picks them. He thinks the Dolphins are one of the worst teams in the league and he was all over the Miami Under 7 for the season, so it's likely he had them losing this game. Plus, the line is like Jets -1 to -1.5 at most places.

Gimme da classless Jets to covah da 1.5. Dis is a must win for Da Jets against a team dat's cleahly in rebuildin' mode. Rookie coach, rookie quatahback. A one dimensional awffense dat da Jets awr good at stoppin. With Da Nineizzz and Youuuustin on da horizon, da Jets can't affawd to lose dis game.

It's all setting up nicely for Tank on Monday if you think about it.

15. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

100% he's picking them this week. i'd be stunned. it's a no lose situation for him. he'll root against his pick and hope the jets lose and if not, he most likely covers and wins his pick.

16. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I want to see him pick Jets -1.5 and then the Jets win by 1. He loses twice. I think that happened to him last year once or twice LOL. Unfortunately though he lost by the hook twice last week so he's going to go out and find the best line possible for this one. Gimme Da Jets PK!

17. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

There was nothing bush about it, I love how everybody forgets that Phillip Rivers fumbled a kneel down last year and if the Chiefs weren't playing hard they would not have recovred the fumble. The Chargers lost and possibly a shot at the playoffs because of it.

I've never been a fan of the kneel down, it's stupid. The way I look at it if one team gives up the way you do on a kneel down then you're forfieting. Name me one other sport when the team that is winning gets to say the game is over because they well say it's over? If the D gives up that's one thing but honestly I don't know how the Giants didn't know that the Bucs were coming. They didn't shake hands and they were lined up as if they were still playing. Just like in boxing... always guard yourself when you're in the ring.

Coughlin's reaction.. "You don't do that in this league" why? because you say so? There was nothing illegal about what the Bucs did.

Could you imagine in baseball.. it's the top of the 9th and the Yankees lead 3-0 over the Orioles. Soriano has gotten the 1st two batters he's faced and they are one out away from winning this game... wait Girardi has instructed Soriano that the game is over because there is the unwritten rule that with 2 outs in the 9th and the home team ahead they can just concede that they are going to win... absolutely ridiculous.

How is what the Bucs did any different then fouling when down by a few possessions? The Reggie Miller/Spike Lee fued might never have happened if the Pacers had just said... well they're ahead and they look like they are going to concede that they are going to win.

It's the stupidest thing in the world for a team that is winning to conceede that they are going to win. It happens in no other sport or anything else in life.

Presidential Election... I'm winning by 30 electoral votes so just stop counting votes because I said I'm going to win.

19. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Rutgizzz is bettah without Schianer. Dey just beat Arkansaur! Yankees bluh bluh bluh da Mets bluh bluh bluh.

Dis is da NFL Now folks.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

10:49 a.m. EDT: Fatty reported still awake at the mic.

Fatso suggesting that Alabama's on a different level than anybody else. Good insight ya beached whale. This from the same POS who suggested that 'Bama (after losing 9-6 in OT off 2 FG misses) didn't deserve to play a rematch vs. LSU. Guy knows nothing, absolutely nothing when it comes to college football. Unfortunately that pretty much describes anyone behind the mic in this 'pro' town.

"Trust FATTY....for the rest of your life!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.