Breast cancer awareness WEEK please

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BillyGreen, Sep 18, 2012.

1. reverseapachemaster

I'm not bothered by the support for any kind of cancer research or the uniforms but I am very much bothered by the support the NFL gives to a dishonest organization (Susan G. Komen). Yes, it's great that the organization helped spread awareness about the risks of breast cancer but the message is disconnected from the actions of the organization.

2. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Bullshit.......total bullshit. Stop pontificating and leave the politics out of it. Don't try to shove your political views down my throat...go somewhere else for that.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

This is your typical red herring from the topic right here. Why is it sexist to not like pink? Nobody's talking about ending cancer support or awareness. We are talking about doing it in a different way.

Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

Think outside of the box, good grief!

4. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Susan Komen died in 1980 of breast cancer. Her sister founded and runs Susan G. Komen for the Cure. They have given millions of dollars to Planned parenthood and continue to do so.

Since its inception in 1982, Komen (the foundation, not the person) has invested nearly $2 billion for breast cancer research, education, advocacy, health services and social support programs in the U.S.

Google...give it a try.

So your whole rant about pink and cancer research came down to your hate for Republicans... That's rather disgusting actually.

5. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Sure, they're donating to Planned Parenthood again ONLY AFTER being destroyed in the press by every womans group in the country for their refusal to fund breast cancer screening for Planned Parenthood. Everyone was there, everyone saw it, it was a huge embarrassment for the organization, they first responded with aloofness and disconcern, and only AFTER being literally destroyed int he press for their actions did they somewhat relent and begin funding breast cancer screening again.

So yeah they're funding it right now, WITH A GUN TO THEIR HEADS...

Try Google sometime perhaps.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/story/2012-08-08/komen-leadership-president-resigns/56891052/1

#45 BillyGreen, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

If gay colors bother you maybe you all shouldn't watch the Dolphins game this weekend.

7. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I am putting this forward for post of the year. Well said Harp

8. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

It was the "My dick cures cancer....too bad I don't fuck bald chicks" type comment I was referring to....did you even read the other posts?

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yeah I saw that. That was a bit over the top I admit. I just don't like the way pink looks with our jerseys. We should rock black.

10. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

I don't care either way...Just looking forward to a dolfin smackdown!

11. feldspar

feldspar Member

I'm very aware of breasts every single day.

But I don't see why the NFL has to do things like this. It's harmless, but I feel that there is some kind of ploy there. Just like the military displays that they feel the need to put on. The military has absolutely NOTHING to do with the NFL. The two just aren't connected in any way. Breast cancer has nothing to do with the NFL either. Totally unrelated.

I feel this is a ploy to amp up their "good guy" image. We are against bad things, so we are good. Do you REALLY think more people are becoming "aware" of breast cancer just because some NFL players are sporting some pink?

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Yea what ass holes just trying to play up their image by donating money to help further the treatment of breast cancer. The nerve of those people!!!

13. Milliner is your Mommy

This is what you people need to understand that somehow some of you are just not getting.

All apparel worn at games by players and coaches and special K-balls and pink coins will auctioned off at NFL Auction (www.NFLAuction.NFL.com), with proceeds benefitting the American Cancer Society and team charities.

This isn't just to build awareness. This isn't just saying hey we hate cancer you should like us more. If this gets 10 million likes on facebook cancer will be gone forever!

The NFL could come out and say we support beating children and it wouldn't affect their product.

How anyone could have a problem with raising money to help save lives is absolutely mind boggling.

If you can't stand looking at a feminine color so much maybe you shouldn't watch the dolphins with the gayest colors in all of sports.

#53 Milliner is your Mommy, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  14. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Ahh the conspiracy theorist! And the gov't is seeding the clouds to make it rain......I think we are all aware that football and breast cancer are unrelated....thanks. Let's stop thanking the military at all the games as well.......cause it's unrelated.......Let's just end this post.

15. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

LOL. I brought up my dislike for the players being decked out in pink for a full month a year or two ago and took a lot of heat for it. Funny now to see many others agree with me.

I get and love the cause. But a whole month, and that much pink is just unneccessary and I question if how much it's really contributing to the cause.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Surprising people give a shit about this.

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The NFL just started doing this a couple of years ago. Before then, the NFL and all its fans were a bunch of neanderthals who hated women, never knew one who suffered from breast cancer and had absolutely no appreciation for the way the world actually cares about and is affected by people wearing the appropriate clothing.

18. feldspar

feldspar Member

The NFL is all about making money...for itself...make no mistake about that.

That's what I'm trying to say. I think you are naive if you believe otherwise. It's a business. They'd go around kissing babies like politicians if they could.

Perhaps "raising breast cancer awareness" helps them gain the support of the female demographic.

Conspiracy theorist NOTHING...these guys are in business to make money, just like anybody else that is in business. If you think that everything they do is transparent, then you are wrong. The NFL is a cash-cow monster. The players were locked out last year, now the referees are locked out this year...over what?

Yeah, we are all great fellows here.

19. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Contrary to what youv'e said, I don't think most fans who follow the NFL are "a bunch of neanderthals who hate women". To be honest, I think most NFL fans are family people, either they are kids watching the game with their parents or parents watching it with thier kids. You will not find a person on this forum who doesn't want to see breast cancer cured, but having the Susan G. Komen Foundation land on the NFL for 1/4 of the NFL season and completely take it over is way outside the boundaries of reason. Nobody asked the fans it they wanted this, it was just foisted upon them without any input at all.

Women are a wonderful invention of God, I want to see the best for them and I want to protect them in any way I can, but taking over a mans sport with colors like baby shower pink is just a little too much. I don't really mind it to a degree, but what we have here is way over the top and it's drowning out the game itself, and that cannot be allowed to continue, or at least it shouldn't be allowed to.

Women we love ya, but the pink has got to be toned down a whole bunch okay?

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Agree entirely. I was being sarcastic.