0% Excitement Level for Miami Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GQMartin, Sep 19, 2012.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I can one-up that. Losing period puts me I'm a foul mood for a week. Losing to Miami puts me in an evil mood for a month. Like pooping in public bathroom sinks evil.

2. DolfanTom

DolfanTom New Member

I'm excited from our POV, as this game will show us if we have any shot at winning a decent amount of games this year. We lost to a much better team week 1 (albeit, from our rookie imploding), and we crushed what most would consider a bad opponent at home, in the heat, in week 2. I was glad to see the win, but what exactly does it mean going forward?

We'll find out on Sunday! Win, and I think this team can compete against most teams not from SF or NE the rest of the way. Lose, and I think we're looking at about five wins, tops.

Not to mention I'm looking forward to seeing how T-hill responds to what should be a blitzing package he's never quite experienced before.

3. DolfanTom

DolfanTom New Member

Oh, and as a Phin Fan, I would rank losses that hurt in this order:

1 - Jets
    2 - Bills (I went to college in WNY during their SB run, still hurts)
    3 - Pats
    4 - Steelers (Fuck the Steelers just because)

4. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

There is reason to be excited. All AFCE teams are 1-1 at the moment, it's a clean slate, what happened last week in Pitt doesn't matter. We're not trailing NE again after week two.

Take solace in the fact that we're playing Miami, NE is playing Baltimore and Buff is playing Cleveland. We all have some tough games ahead in the next three weeks, a win in Miami may put us up a game in the division for a few weeks.

Ignore what the media says about us either way and life will be a lot less stressful. :)

5. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

It's a lose/lose? How can a win ever be a loss? It's a win and a win is always a win. What am I missing here?

Are your own personal questions that important that we must trade in a win for a loss?

Perhaps you should go fishing Sunday instead of watching the game.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

so am i, i get excited for every Jets game i don't care who there playing

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We are in 1st place and if we win we will stay in first, because our division win breaks the 4 way tie

8. finz_fury

finz_fury Banned

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. I mean I get the whole idea that the media will downplay the win because the quality of opponent. It's just you have no idea about the Fins.

The "dline is miserable"? They have given up the leagues lowest average of 2.2yds per rush (Jets 4.8). That was against Arian Foster. Ben Tate, and Darren McFadden. Nobody has gone over 100 yards rushing on them in 16 straight games (current highest streak). Soliai and Starks are in absolute beast form. If Greene, Tebow, or whoever move the ball on the ground it will be viewed as a great performance, period.

Don't count your eggs before they hatch. You just assume the Jets will roll over the Fins and are already whining that they won't get proper credit. They have to beat them first. I hope the Jets are overlooking the Fins as much as you.

The fact is most games are won in the trenches and that just happens to be Miami's biggest strength on both sides of the ball. Special teams and overall coaching are also much improved since last year. Plus confidence is high after trashing Oakland. I doubt the Jets are feeling as good after their performance last week. Plus you should know that both teams seem to turn it up a notch when they face eachother. I'm looking forward to a slugfest.

9. joolander

joolander New Member

We should have signed Reggie Bush. He would be a great compliment for greene and his ability to catch out of the backfield would help bring up sanchez`s completion percentage

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

10. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

A lot of posters keep forgetting....

Wrong woodpecker. Try again.

A loss to Pitt is a conference loss. Identical records in December gives NE the win over us because its a tiebreaker. The Cards are NFC. We have to hope the Ravens exact revenge of the Philly loss against the Pats. You know that NE is going to win at least 1 game against an similar opponent that the jets will lose so we are going to need that Balt loss against NE for any hope of a tie-breaker.

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

How are you not excited? Miami looked better than expected last week, this is no guaranteed win. This is a huge game and if we can't stop Reggie Bush we could be in for a long game.

12. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

And Miami is no gimme. Say what you want about the Fags, but MIA is never an easy win.

I remember the NFL's top rated defense in the league giving up 30 points to Miami's last starting rookie QB. I never take a divisional game for granted. And we haven't swept Miami for the year since St Swithens day.

13. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Good post. There are many around here who have an inflated opinion of our team because we trashed Buffalo and because, well, they have inflated opinions about everything.

It doesn't matter what our respective records are, these games are always tough matchups. Either team should be very happy with a win and this idea that a win means nothing is extremely stupid.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Where is this mentioned 1 time in my post?

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Good post to the dolphin fan huh?

Miami is horrible. If the Jets lose (in their predicable fashion), they are more horrible.

I'll check back in if the latter happens.

16. Al13

Al13 Member

miami traded for him

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

"So basically, I really only get really excited for games in which the Jets will go against teams which are good enough to answer questions I have."

18. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

1. Why not just get excited because it's Sunday and your team is playing?

2. I didn't know Cameron Wake is miserable.

3. Do you even know how to answer the questions you have? Sanchez's yards, completion percentage, and TDs may not tell you anything. His performance will, especially if the Fins bring pressure. So what do you want to know about the LBs and secondary and what do you need to see from them to get the answer? And the points about Bush and Tannehill make no sense at all.

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

There D is solid but there secondary is crap. There offense is Reggie Bush. We win and all is good for the time being. Being 2-0 in the division means a lot.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Okay, so what does this have to do with your reply? In your paraphrase I never mention anything about trading a win for answers...

I said beating a bullshit team will not answer any questions pending from the Steeler game...they still must win this game.

#40 GQMartin, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012