Is it a sighn of respect that other team's fans post here?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NJGREEN, Sep 17, 2012.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Haha that too

2. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Best opposing board bar none. Easy to post, mods let you say your peace unless you REALLY get out of line. I really don't mess around with many other opposing boards. Many are overrun with ads, and the ban hammer police will block you for not being one of their fans.

3. keypusher

keypusher Member

Fins fan -- don't post often, but I read here a fair amount. I live in New York, plus GG is a good board.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think it also does with the fact that we are probably more pessimistic than opposing fans at times.

And cursing

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Its not a lack of love, we are all still busy tryign to figure out how we can possibly beat the bills :lol:

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Because I'm a UF alum and Tebow Fan sentenced to exile in the Tebowmania forum until you guys cut him.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

we are counting the days too bro

8. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I think because the Jets get a lot over press people are more aware of them outside the NY market...especially AFC teams. Add to it Rex Ryan is a fun guy to watch/listen to because he is one of the only coaches to actually talk.

Add in the Tebow hype ... the over analyzed everything...the Hard Knocks...and the fact that we are one of the top winning regular season teams in the last 3 years people pay attention. Plus many people here have been around for awhile and are pretty fun to talk with.

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

nyjunc has over 17000 posts on a dolphins board. Motherfucker has some serious time on his hands. I just don't get it.

10. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I don't feel its done out of respect ; its done out pf contempt. In some cases we are a laughing stock . The media's Negative spin on all things Jets doesn't help either.

11. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding like a complete waffler: it depends, but in the end it is really neither. When the Jets are getting pounded I tend to think that opposing fans show up to gloat (tho not always). When the Jets are doing the hammering we get some kudos, but even then we get some trolling that amounts to opposing fans telling us that we will sink eventually, choke, or whatever drivel is being spouted.

I think the posters before me have covered it nicely. This is a genuinely critical fan site. That makes it fun to participate, even for opposing fans, and ultimately intellectually stimulating. Most other fan sites are just big, electronic circle-jerks. It feels good once in awhile, but you can only mentally masturbate so long before the mind begins to get sore and go limp.

Oh, and apparently you can curse! I never noticed that shit before. Damn cool if you ask me. GG fuckin' rules!!! :)

12. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

fuck growing up...most overrated thing ever

13. Static

Static New Member

I have respect for all the teams in the division, but the only team board I dont visit is the Patriots.

14. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

I hate patriots fans ... whiny bitches that don't appreciate shit ... :breakdance: .. Not all of them, but a good percentage ..

15. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

And with smart reason. They think they are a smarter better breed of fan than you are.

16. keypusher

keypusher Member

It's not contempt or respect for the Jets. As a number of people have pointed out, there's nothing unusual about fans of other teams' posting on a team board. To the extent it happens here more than other boards, it's because fans of other teams (like me) like this board. It's not pro-Jet or anti-Jet.

17. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Personally, I think that is because a huge percentage of their fanbase are wagon-jumpers. In my experience wagon-jumpers are always the worst: ill educated, arrogant, jerk offs, who have this holier than thou attitude.... Until their team stumbles and then they're gone. One day we will go back to the Pats base of diehard fans. Then you can talk to the old diehards once they stop tossing Brady's salad.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I don't mind other team fans posting here, but the influx of Bills fans this off season and the nonsense they talked was ridiculous. I've never seen anything like it.

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

a good bills board to visit is twobillsdrive.com.

20. Elijah

Elijah New Member

I like this forum because it's a lot less censored than Patsfans. Nobody can take a joke or simple profanity over there.