Pay Revis now....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

of course we know who all these guys are as we are jets fans, but no one outside of us really knows who they are

2. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

The nice part about Revis not starting last sunday is that we'll never know if Revis would have been beat a couple of times which would have us questioning his usefulness to the team.

Considering the recievers we were up against in Pittsbugh I would say that his concussion was rather "convenient" if you're looking for more money...

3. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

He should be traded now. He is not worth what he wants. No CB is, even maybe the greatest ever

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Thats just retarded. Besides the fact that a doctor independent of the team didn't clear him to play. You think having a concussion could help increase his value because he might get beaten by Antonio Brown. Hardly one of the best receivers he has or will face this season.

So he was afraid of Antonio Brown but will be back to face Andre Johnson.

So did you just say that because you had to stay consistent with all your other shitty posts or did you actually think of something that moronic.

5. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

I really haven't been inclined to check your recent posts to see if they're "shitty" or not, and I won't bother to do so now.

The question is; Is Darrelle Revis more or less valuable than he was before the Pittsburgh game? I think most peope would say "more valuable". You can take from that what you wish.

6. Milliner is your Mommy

The same. Anyone with half a brain can see what kind of player he is and what he does for the team. 1 game in year 6 of his career doesn't change that.

Your question was whether or not he faked his concussion to not have to go up against Antonio Brown and that is just retarded.

7. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

That is how you interpreted my question sir. I can't control that, but with a mouth like yours I believe this interaction has come to a completion. Thanks for playing.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Considering the recievers we were up against in Pittsbugh I would say that his concussion was rather "convenient" if you're looking for more money...

How many ways can you interpret that. What was convenient about a concussion if you don't mean he is faking it. Don't get all pissy and smug because I called you out on a really dumb post.

9. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

All I said is it's convenient if you're looking for more money. I did not say he faked his injury, I'm just saying it worked in his favor as far as salary negotiations is concerned. You took that and spun it your own way, which you're free to do, but it's not what I meant.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Alright well if that is the case then I apologize. You're the second person I've heard say he faked his concussion because he is looking to get paid and it pisses me off.

11. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Well let me ask it another way then...

As far as salary negotiations go, did Darrelle Revis benefit or not benefit from missing the Pittsburgh game?

I think it's pretty obvious that the team was at a significant disadvantage without him on the field. Anyone who thinks his agent won't use this as an example during contract negotiations must not have watched the game last sunday.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Did not benefit. Any player that has a concussion is a future risk but even that shouldn't make a big difference. Revis didn't get to be the best in the game by hiding from challenges. The longer he performs at the top the higher his value gets. He has nothing to gain by not playing. People know who he is and what he can contribute. The casual fans opinion of Revis might have changed because of Sunday but not any organization's idea of how valuable he is.

13. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

The doctors have checked him out and said he has a concussion, so that's not an issue, but I think we can all agree that Revis not being on the field last sunday certainly was a reminder to the Jets that they are significantly hamstrung without him on the field of play, and that can only work to his benefit during salary negotiations.

So basically, what began as a bad thing for Revis may actually be of some benefit to him later on.

14. Milliner is your Mommy

If you want to look at it that way. I think Rex knows how much worse his D would be without him. He will be the big reason why Revis gets paid big time. His D is built around good cornerback play.

15. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

I mean Big Ben went 24 of 31 for 275 yards and was converting 3rd downs like a madman. Does he have the same completion percentage or 3rd down efficiency with Revis in the game? I think not.

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Revis will get payed after this season. The best thing Revis can do right now is help the Jets make the playoffs. Being out of the Pittsburgh game does not help his status at all. The defense has a lot to prove this year. If they can't get it done and carry the team to the playoffs, then we may see some dismantling next year.

17. patdaman819

patdaman819 Member

got to agree with you we need him for the next couple of year he is really valuable to our team, so please Woody give this guy the $$$$$

18. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

what does he want?

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Nice post. Every once in awhile (just joking - it's not THAT rare an event!) you are on the money. Thanks for being reasonable.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Some of the trade Revis crowd here just mystify me. This D is based on Revis and Cro on the corners. OF COURSE the D suffered with Revis out. The Jets need Revis to counter the strong passing attacks the Jets will have to deal with in order to get anywhere in this league.

What mystifies me is why they seem to assume there is no way to pay Revis and still have balance with the rest of the team. They can be creative about a contract with him.

And the main point is it's not like a slam dunk to think the Jet FO would make proper use of whatever picks and available cap space they could get by trading Revis. THAT is a complete bs assumption. THIS FO? Give me a break.