If Sanchez is Truly the Answer...

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Backup QB, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Why do the Jets need a Tebow wildcat package? Did the NYG, Packers, Saints, Pats, etc... need this? Just let the kid (Sanchez) play if you think he is your franchise QB.

2. JFjets

JFjets New Member

This one sentence cuts right to the heart of this entire issue. The answer to the question is that Rex & Co. clearly have doubts about whether Sanchez is the answer, if they haven't already come to the conclusion that he isn't.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets need a wildcat package because Woody Johnson wanted Tebow and everybody else fell in line to make that happen. The Jets are going to need something to differentiate them from just another bad rebuilding team in a year or so. That something might well be Tim Tebow.

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Must be...

5. joolander

joolander New Member

If Tebow is the answer then why did Denver trade him?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

6. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Brad Smith?

I believe this thread is about whether Sanchez is the answer.

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I believe this thread is about whether Sanchez is the answer.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

8. Potzer

Potzer New Member

I do not like the tone/implication/intent of this post.

[​IMG]

That is all.

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Tebow packages... It's like saying my leg is perfectly healthy while walking around on crutches.

Sanchez = leg
    Tebow = crutches

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets didn't have Smith last year and they ran a small handful of wildcat plays all season with LaDainian Tomlninson taking a few and Jeremy Kerley one.

They had no reason to go get a wildcat option this year and until they made the trade for Tebow they probably weren't going to run wildcat.

This was about getting Tebow as a promo piece and to make noise in the NY and national media. Then once they had him they had to have a rationale and the wildcat was the obvious one.

Good organizations don't do what the Jets did here. Mediocre organizations that are insecure do.

11. Potzer

Potzer New Member

I know what you're saying, and I don't like it.

It smells like derisiveness for almost no reason. Its 1 game, it didn't go well. So now we're going to start griping about every aspect of whatever we can find? Sanchez suxxors, Tebow's a crutch.

None of this is interesting, or entertaining to me.

If you want to say Sanchez sucks, say it.

To use acquiring Tebow as a lead in to Sanchez sucks is tiresome and feels petty to me.

Imo, Sanchez could go 1-15 the rest of the way, then have a competition with Tebow in OTA's.

(Yes I'd like to see Tebow play more, no I don't want to tear anyone down for that to happen)

12. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Well considering how little they have used Tebow, it seems they don't actually think they need the Tebow package.

13. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Last I checked, the teams you mentioned had QBs named Manning, Rodgers, Brees and Brady. Those are guys who will go down as being amongst the best QBs to ever play the game.

Sanchez isn't there right now, nor are most the other QBs in the league. That being the case, teams that want to win the Super Bowl might have to find other ways of doing it.

The question also presupposes that QB's don't grow/mature/develop over time, ie. that Sanchez is as good now as he will ever be. Perhaps he just needs a helping hand right now at this stage of his career.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yep.[/QUOTE]

In the Tebow section...unless a mod moved it here...

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Let's just list 4/5 top QBs in the league and compare Sanchez to them. Is Sanchez on that level, no. Can Sanchez play well enough with this defense to win in the playoffs, yes. Easy done.

The Jets wanted another way to run the ball. I think the Tebow thing is more of an indication that Jets didn't trust their run game. The wanted another component to it.

16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I'm just asking the question. Don't be so sensitive. It just doesn't make sense. When UF had Tebow packages with Chris Leak as the starter, Tebow was already the heir apparent and Leak was graduating that year. You already knew Tebow would be starting the next year. With Sanchez being declared the unquestionable QB1, why do they need Tebow packages? In football, if you have a good QB you only need one. If Tebow were the QB1, I highly doubt they'd have Sanchez packages. This is not to diss Sanchez or uplift Tebow. I'm just asking the question because I think it's all just fishy. The Jets are not going to special-secret-Tebow-package themselves to a Superbowl, and you're hearing this from a Tebow fan. You are too paranoid... no matter what is said or asked, you believe it is Tebow-love.

Yeah agreed, which is making this all suspicious. WTF is going on with the NYJ? I just don't get it.

#16 Backup QB, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Because Tebow isn't being used as a QB in these plays. They are using him as Brad Smith because they thought the Brad Smith package was a big reason why they had success in Rex's first two years and not the third. I also think Rex was handed Tebow and this is the way he is going to make it work. They have one player that can do multiple things, saves roster spots.

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

My point is... you don't need this if you have your franchise QB. He will be the best option on the field for every single down.

19. JFjets

JFjets New Member

And you know this....how?

Don't suppose it could have had anything to do with the fact that Tebow is a dual threat QB and the new offensive coordinator for the Jets is the guy who made the "wildcat" popular in the NFL a few years ago? Nor could it have anything to do with the fact that Sanchez seemingly hasn't made a whole lot of "progress" for a QB who's been the #1 for several years. Nah, none of those things could have anything to do with it, makes too much sense.

Yeah, insecure about whether their high draft pick QB is really the answer long-term.

Oh, so just because no one is allowed to talk about Tebow in the main forum, no one in the Tebow forum is allowed to talk about Sanchez? Got it, thanks for letting us know.:rolleyes:

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

why did this question not come up last week?

hhhmmmmmmm