serious question for everyone on this board

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

do you guys expect this team to go like 16-0 or something? literally after every loss everyone starts talking about how its going to be a long season or about how we suck.

teams that lost this week are the bears, saints, patriots, dallas, and detriot is playing pretty bad right now. i doubt their fans are hitting the panic button or complaining about the season being in the shit like some of you are? like next week being a must win is a fucking joke, its 2 weeks into the season

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

You like to be competitive until the end -- it's one thing when it comes down to a key possession, a key turnover, a key score by the other side.

This felt like a slow execution.

3. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

No, it's not the end of our season, but there were not many positives coming off of todays game. Missed tackles, dropped passes, muffed punts... It was ugly all over... reminiscent of last year.

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

we're Jets fans, New York fans in general a loss means your bad a win means your good period

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

sometimes the season comes down to one win or loss,and maybe a win you should have had. givin the competitiveness of this conference,we had better beat miami. That makes it a must win. there will be games vs tougher opponents we will need the room for a loss

6. JustaJetFan

JustaJetFan Member

^What Jedi said

This is nothing compared to how Knicks forums react after a game.

7. bsmooth7

bsmooth7 Banned

Exactly how I felt!!!

And what is the deal with them only playing future pro bowler clyde gates for 3 plays?

8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

i have a question

why does critiquing=jumping off the bridge

is there a middle ground?

Is there a way to critique without be considered a "SOJF"

9. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I'd like to know this as well.

10. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Well, I would like to see the Jets win in Pittsburgh sometime in the next few centuries. They just roll-over and die when they see black and gold. Or a bottle of Heinz Ketchup.

[​IMG]

11. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

It would be nice to beat the GOOD teams once in a damn while, and not just the shit ass teams. We are just so disgustingly mediocre. This is obviously an 8 and 8 team. Just bad enough to miss the playoffs, and just good enough to get a shit draft pick. LOSE, LOSE scenario.

12. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

So to you, what's the difference between critiquing a bad performance and jumping off the bridge? Cuz criticizing a team for playing shitty is not equivalent to saying they suck. People who watch the game objectively and understand football can be critical of a bad performance and still cheer for a team.

13. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

A loss is a loss my dear friend once said. But he wasn't a New York Jets fan! To be A jets fan in my life time has been to excel to the very edge of greatness and then fail! My existence as a Jets fan for the last 40 years has been a truly great one coupled with a disappointment that boarders on torture. I dont acquiesce to failure , but I always suspect they will break my heart. If we loose to the Dolphins I will need Professional help!

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY92I8bdcTY[/youtube]

15. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Doesn't the organization have enough delusional sunshiners helping it sell tickets and crappy overpriced merchandise. Why can't you just let us darksiders be?

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

saying shit like our season is over after week 2

17. ozrodmd

ozrodmd New Member

Sky isn't falling yet. This game really exposed our weaknesses. Hopefully Miami doesn't expose them too and win with a rookie QB. This Tebow package is a joke not one innovative play,

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I get it but to play as bad as we did against a Pitt team who doesn't really blow any one out. Pretty alarming sight. Still think well be fine, Time to move on.

19. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Yeah it exposed if we don't have Revis then are passing D sucks.

20. JerseyFrasca

JerseyFrasca New Member

*We lost. *We played like shit. The offense looked confused and timid. *The defense looked undisciplined and lacked mental toughness. *Guess what? *It's week 2, we're 1-1. *The jets lost on the road to a good team. *Shit happens. *Prob gonna happen again. *But guess what else? *Now we know what we are, what we are not, and it's only September 16th, and despite the final score, and the way we actually performed, it was a 1 possession game. *It's fucking annoying, but it's not that bad. *Get healthy, get back to the fundamentals (tackle!), and move forward. *