ESPN - "Debunking Sanchez Myth"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Levenhagen, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

Jets Insider: Debunking Sanchez Myth
    By Rich Cimini

Mark Sanchez was afforded terrific pass protection Sunday and he responded with arguably the best regular-season performance of his career. So, naturally, Rex Ryan said Monday, "I think when he has time to throw the football, he can be as good as anybody."

Actually, that's not always true.

This may surprise some folks who believe the offensive line was Public Enemy No. 1 last season, but Sanchez was actually one of the better protected quarterbacks in 2011 -- and yet he still had 18 interceptions. He was hit or under duress just 86 times, the fifth-lowest total in the league, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Continues: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/15475/jets-insider-debunking-sanchez-myth

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I wonder how many games it's going to take before these rejects start focusing on the current season instead of last.

3. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Cimini with his usual d-baggery

4. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

OK Dick Cimini you can cite that. I will cite the fact that he look like a man possessed Sunday for the first time that he has been in the NFL. 95% of his throws were right on the money with some of them being amazing. That throw to Kerley was perfect, something I have never seen from Mark before. Could it be that he is finally starting to look like the number 5 pick that he was? The offense didn't punt until the third quarter and should have put up more td's (if they make the correct call on the challenged Kerley play, if Santonio gets his foot down before his arm smacks)- probably totaling what should have been 14 more points as opposed to the 6 that they scored. I wont claim him the savior of the season yet I will wait till at least week 5 but I liked what I saw.

5. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

actually Cimini is saying how hes never looked as good as he has until
    sunday. he's actually defending Sanchez. derp

6. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Who cares? New season.

7. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Barely. As with everything Dick has to say, any (rare) compliment he offers is always served with a side of negativity.

"And that was Sanchez in Week 1."

The fact is, this is not the same QB we have come to love, then hate, then love, then hate, then love, then... In over 3 seasons, now, we're finally seeing the maturity come out in Sanchez. You can see it in when he's standing tall in the pocket, delivering *accurate* balls, accepting check-downs, and zipping the ball around. You can see it in his dealings with the media, his interactions with his teammates and coaches, his handling of a terrible situation with Tebow this FO put him in.

I have zero doubt. The kid prematurely nicknamed The Sanchize will finally earn the title.

8. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Cimini is such a cocksucker

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Fuck that stat, there was never a pocket last year. The OL was awful, and they strayed away from the run yet managed to never throw deep.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

we all want Sanchez to be great, and he was on Sunday. but we have also seen a shaky QB prior to that for 3 years.

is he capable? absolutely. but I will have to see it consistently before I don't hold my breath every time he drops back.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Debunking Ciminis intelligence.

Last year even underneath routes we're constructed in a way to have the QB holding the ball for 4 seconds.

No clear outs, no easy open check down throws between the hashes etc.

12. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

"Better Protected"? You mean other QBs were sacked more? Sure, others were sacked more. Who was sacked HARDER? WFH had the same effect on DEs that a Star had on those video game plumbers. And do I have to mention that he was hurried on damn near every single pass play? If Sanchez had Peyton Manning's feet, he would have had at least triple the number of sacks.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I didn't get a chance to see the game start to finish, only the cut down reel....

But Sanchez, and I know it's only one game, appears to have turned a corner.
    His play has got to stay at a high level. It's really the only way to quiet all the Tebow talk.

If the he & the team can play like that consistently for the rest of the season, they are gonna make a lot of highly paid experts look like complete dopes.

Of course, they'll say they knew all along...

14. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Does dickhead Cimini understand that Sanchez had to run for his life and throw off balance more than 70% of the time last year. He was actually pretty elusive at times too..but with the Schitty play calling etc.. of course Sanchez stats suffered.

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Don't take this as if i'm going at you per say.

But your comments are very ironic. Most Sanchez supporters will site his numbers to defend his average at best play. Yet your comments about "fuck that stat" as if to say despite those stats about Sanchez being the most protected QB of '11 the o line was garbage.

16. Mason

Mason New Member

Stats lie. We all saw the games. Anyone who says he was one of the better protected QBs last year is flat-out lying.

17. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I liked what I saw on Sunday but let's give him more than a 1 game sample size before we crown him Eli Manning reincarnated. I'll believe Sanchez has significantly improved when I see it consistently, which I hope I do. I still haven't gotten the bad taste of Sanchez last season completely out of my mouth.

18. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Word up. The only thing that "saved" Sanchez was the ridiculous amount of slants Schotty called, so the ball came out quick. Goes to show you these "experts" watch the game. I swear to god I never saw so many middle to intermediate passes called for Sanchez this pass Sunday....Schotty was awful.

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I think he looked more focused than ever and I think the jets FO did a brilliant thing bringing in the unmentionable one because it did focus Mark.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you.

Play action quick slant, with fullback split wide then pulls inside the backfield and slot receiver motioning across the backfield all before the snap. There, I said it.