Boston Scribe Says Be Wary of Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's early. It was the Bills. Don't get too excited yet.

If the Jets play well in all phases against the Steelers next weekend and then dominate the Fins like they should then maybe we can start looking at a potentially great season.

I really liked what I saw yesterday. That said, I still see a Jet's defense that has issues against the run. I didn't see any pressure on Sanchez at all, all game. Next week will give us more information on both counts.

2. bibigon

bibigon Member

What statistics say Arrington is any good? He seems incredibly replaceable to me. Just another guy. They had the 31st ranked defense last year - where were the holes if not Arrington?

3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Led the league in INT's (Yes, I agree - overrated stat) but was also #9 is passes defended. Revis was #3 in the latter category.

It was McCourty that was getting picked on last year. Arrington was a pretty consistent player for them.

4. JAG

JAG New Member

Interesting how this stat gets thrown around all the time with the Pats and dont get me wrong their defense wasnt great but 31st in yards allowed and 15th in points allowed. Of course yards allowed is very important but if you had to choose, which stat is more important? BTW for those curious the Jets ranked 20th in pts allowed last year (not a big spread in pts per game for those ranked 10-20)

And for the original point, their holes were with McCourty and the safeties to start (and having a WR play DB at times too)