Question: How much was Mark?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Difficult to answer, but how much of Sanchez's success today was due to Mark and how much was due to the Bills diverting valuable prep time to Tebow?

This has been Rex's #1 reason for bringing Tebow in....teams will have to divert up to 30% of their prep time away from Sanchez which will benefit him overall.

Did we see that? Were there clear plays where the Bills were not prepared for what Mark was running?

Again, it's hard to answer, but clearly the Bills were over matched.

2. catfish

catfish New Member

don't know if it was wildcat or very vanilla O during preseason, but either way I still say 90% Mark, 10% suprise. It was a damn fine game by Sanchez, hope he keeps it up

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I think Mark's success was due to the time the OL allotted him.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Jets were 10-14 on 3rd down. The Jets passed a lot on 3rd down. The o line gave Sanchez time, and he picked the Bills defense apart on these plays. I think a lot of it was Sanchez. One throw into coverage (the flip) and besides that nothing. Also, got rid of the ball if there was any pressure

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

mark was very accurate.the bills prep time had nothing to do with that. the oline gets credit for giving him time but the rest is on mark.great performance

6. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

This... look at last years games, and see how little time he had before he was swallowed up by the pass rush. He had a lot of time to throw today. I hope the oline can give him this type of protection all season.

7. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Well you cannot say success is all due to one player. I think its dumb to say that the offense is good because of one player. I think it can fail because of one player but in order to have a good offense, you have to have decent play from all parts of the offense. Yes one player can make everyone better, but Mark played well today. The O-Line gave him time to throw and the receivers made plays on offense.

8. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Player Cmp/Att TD INT
    M. Sanchez 19/27 266 3 1
    T. Tebow 0/0 0 0

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

mark sanchez was very good today. he had a few balls that were behind or slow but for the most part he was on time and accurate. the only thing he got that he will probably not get regularly during the year is the 4 turnovers that the bills made.

give the guy credit when its due, he went and played well today!

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Wow. This may be the least intelligent analysis thread I have ever seen. Do you want to cite any specific examples, or just look like you have never watched a football game in your life?

Guess what? The Bills were unprepared for the passing game. You want to start a thread about how the Jets being a Ground and Pound team caused the Bills not to prepare for the passing game?

How about you just spend the next three days posting strings of periods so people can enjoy your avatar without dealing with the stupidity of your posts?

11. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

Absolutely, they played incredible today.

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

BTW......Please show where you got this percentage from.

13. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Bingo! Buffalo D could have been a nightmare for the jets oline, but the oline held their own. That made Sanchez play with comfort, and allowed him to go through with his progressions/reads...

14. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

In my mind you give the lion's share of the credit to the players who actually performed on the field and made a difference. The offensive line protected for Sanchez, Sanchez threw it well for the most part, and the recievers did their job as well. Personally, that's who deserve the praise today.

We don't know what time the Bills actually practiced for the Tebow package, so anything in that regard would be congecture. We also can't ascertain if any Tebow prep time hurt the Bills in their defense of the "basic" Jets office. IMHO let the guys who shined collect the credit.

15. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

This.:beer:

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

the threat of Tebow is a major distration to a defensive preparation. it is the "sword of damaclese" the issue is you have to prepare for it. Regardless of what the Jets do in terms of actually deploying the package - its a major distraction for DCs and that alone is why its a great option especially when it ony cost them a 4th rd pick. pretty brilliant move.

17. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

You deserved this verbal beat down . Take it like a man!

18. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I don't think it had much to do with prepping for Tebow. Sanchez played pretty well. The int was ugly, and the near fumble was ugly too. He should know to tuck the ball when he decides to run by now.

Love the completion percentage from Sanchez though. If I had to chalk the success up to something it would be solid o line play and good starting field position. Sanchez took the Jets down the field on the first drive for a TD. After that the D and Special Teams set him up with great field position. On their other touchdown drives this is where they started:

Jets 40
    Jets 48
    Buffalo 48
    Buffalo 49

You gotta love that. Also the non-fucktard gameplan that included a healthy mix of runs with the passing game rather than the shotty crap helped as well.

#18 Organized Chaos, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  19. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

This

And This

And it can all be summed up to Sparano.

20. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

this...

i felt, and publically stated, this was the reason for marks struggles. today he had a nice pocket and wallah.