TGGFFKL 2012 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by wildthing202, Sep 8, 2012.

1. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Going to get a strike if rosters don't get updated:
    Pocono Mountain MSUJet(FA DT)
    Damage Inc.(FA DT)
    Average Joe's Gym(FA DT)
    The Boss(FA DT)

Got a strike thanks to Wednesday game:
    Red Rovers - Strike #1(CB on IR and a FA DT)

Remember games start on Thursdays now so get your rosters set early every week. Also in case you didn't know we have a baseball rule for inactivity 3 strikes and you're out. If you can't set it if you're on vacation or something please tell me beforehand and I'll set it for you until you come back. If you can log on to TGG then you can spend a couple of minutes to update your roster.

Auto-draft sure loved giving inactive people DT's who are FA's :lol:. Makes my job easier.

2. wildthing202

Two more strikes to go around.

MSUJet and Average Joe's each get one. I'm excusing Damage as they actually fixed their issue but must of forgot to hit submit or something as they have a safety on their bench instead of in the starting line-up.

3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Now I'm glad I got autodrafted Ridley lol, especially since it looks like Jackson's gonna be out a while and probably a platoon guy when (if) he comes back.

Hopefully I'm still in range by tonight where a big one by Peyton gives me a chance.

4. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Hey wildthing, feel free to replace me. I havent paid attention at all and i am no longer really interested in fantasy football. Thanks for allowing me in the league though!

5. wildthing202

Alright see you later then.

6. wildthing202

Rescinded MSU's strike since he went on vacation but forgot to tell me he was going to miss more than the draft. Again I don't mind if you go on vacations and such just try to tell me ahead of time so I don't have to waste time on this stuff also I will adjust rosters(make sure starters are all there) if you request it while you're away since the game doesn't let you set-up future rosters beyond the current week.

To recap strikes for week 1:
    Average Joe's x1

and that's it since everyone else's issues have been resolved.

7. NYJFan10

Of course I had to wind up losing by less than three points...figures.

8. wildthing202

Nobody is undefeated after 4 weeks, best is at 3-1 and worst is at 0-4 so everyone is still very much in contention.

Joe's Gym still hasn't got a DT so he's out of the league.

9. wildthing202

Question: If I can't find an owner for Joe's Gym what should we do just eliminate the team and just count games against him as byes(not wins since everyone doesn't get to play him) or just let me handle the roster duties until someone comes along at a later time or something else?

10. NYJFan10

I'd say you just do bare bones management for now to keep the team running, drop the lowest ranked players Sunday morning (or IR people) if you have to fill a bye week spot for the team.

Wouldn't be fair to leave that team off as a bye/forefit since not everyone plays them and they already have four results. Hell, they have more wins on autopilot than I do managing full-time :mad:

11. wildthing202

^ Unless other people have an opinion, I'll probably edit the roster on Sunday morning if nobody signs up.

12. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I fully agree with this.

13. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I'll help you out for the year and then you can find another guy for next year if you like.

14. NYJFan10

It would be nice if more people checked their rosters or were interested in trading, I'm probably going to have to make deals very soon to get younger given my current position in the standings and the age of most of my key players. I do have depth to peddle off.

15. wildthing202

Invite sent, thanks.

16. wildthing202

Crisis averted we got someone to take over Joe's Gym.

17. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I just took over last night and see a pretty decent team that is just laking a starting running back. I have 4 quality WR to trade depending on the value of the RB I would be willing to trade one of Maclin, Julio Jones, James Jones or Torry Smith. Just so you know it would have to be a great offer to get Julio.

18. wildthing202

It's nice to see that we finally have 16 active owners. No strikes so far just make sure you guys fill in your rosters before tonight or Sunday as I see a bunch of guys with bye weeks starting.

19. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

Wondering why the trade earlier (Hawkins for Spiller) was expedited by the commish instead of doing the 2 day rule thing.

20. wildthing202

Because I'm not on 24/7 and I like to just get it over with since no one ever votes on these things.