Practice Squad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rex2009, Sep 1, 2012.

1. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

Jets announce 7 players to practice squad: T P. Cornick, LB Dowtin, DB Fletcher, WR R. Pollard, LB R. Sapp, TE H. Smith, WR J. White

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

So we're keeping Landolt (on the 53) and Cornick around before Griffin... he must have really sucked in TC!

Guessing the 8th place is for Allen, if he clears waivers. Surprised we're keeping Fletcher around over Posey...

3. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

The situation is still very fluid. I wouldn't assume that Landolt made the team, etc.

4. joejamfootball

I hope someone making these decisions has a clue about what they r doing. I remember the Jets releasing Danny Woodhead and wanting to bring him back and then pow the Patsies grab him and shazaam he becomes and instant producer. Jets should be picking from the best teams like the pats not the worst team the Fins. If a player can't make the Fins right now they must really of had a poor preseason but the penny pinching Jets are right there to scoop them up maybe because they might save the Jets 50k over an Allen or Ganaway or Dixon. Jets don't need to save money - they need better starters and better backups.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I get the point you are making, but you are contradicting yourself. The Jets shouldn't be looking at Fins players but there goes the Pats taking Woodhead from the Jets and turning him productive. We took Maybin from the lowly Bills and looked what happened. Just because one team cut a player, doesn't mean it's wrong to scoop them up. That's why teams raid other teams, not just the Steelers.

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Well we did release half our 2012 draft picks, so who knows if we know what we're doing lol.

But really, the Jets picking up players from the Fins is not a surprise, Sparano knows their personnel and they know the playbook - at least offensively. Plus these days the Fins are getting rid of anyone that's halfway decent anyway.

#6 NYJFan10, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  7. joejamfootball

Yes I do get your point. The Fins also let Brandon Marshall go for practically nothing so maybe we did get another decent player they decided to part with.
    and yes Sparano has some good knowledge of the guys he picked up. hope it works out. Speed kills.

8. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Hopefully Allen clears and ends up on the PS, but I just don't get it. Why Allen? IMO as long as Smith as out he should be the No.1 reserve at S, not Bush.

And why are we carrying 9 OL? Doesn't make sense.

9. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Three letters MJD

10. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I just read they're probably going to use a new IR designation where he stays on IR only until wk 7... and they might do this on Tuesday...

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We are cutting players over 100k and you think they would try to trade for somebody that wants 10m?

12. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

There are 8 PS roster spots, yes? Plus the Aussie counts as an international player so he doesn't use one of the 8 spots, in which case we have 2 more players to add (assuming 8 is the right #). Hopefully Allen takes one of those spots.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I didn't even know there was such an exemption for international players. Did that happen with the new CBA???

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not that I think the Jets will make a move for MJD, but if they really had 6mil before cuts began, it almost seems like they're clearing cap room for a proven veteran.

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I was surprised by this, especially Allen being cut.

16. Mark Pennington

Mark Pennington New Member

that would've been great...
    Shefty just reported that MJD is reporting to the jags though