sooooo...the power rankings on nfl.com came out...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets FTW!!, Aug 15, 2012.

1. YoungJet

YoungJet Member

Power rankings mean nothing. In fact, they mean even less than the garbage commentary from the talking heads. Honestly, I hated being a Super Bowl favorite and feel good being ranked middle of the pack again. I hope all the doubt and trash talking from the headline grabbing yellow journalists motivates the players as much as it would motivate me. I like that Rex and the players are quiet this year, that everyone is doubting them. This team has issues and holes, but all it is going to take for us to sneak up on people is some average right tackle play and Holmes keeping his mouth shut.

2. How can people just totally discount how good this defense could be? People just completely shun anything to do with the defense & pounce on the offense. Funny..last year it was that we had no pass rush. That's no longer a viable argument so they just move on to a new consesus.

Hey keep the hatred coming. This franchise is always at it's best when the haters are hating.

3. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

NFL.com = bunch of Pat nut huggers.

4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I've said it before and I'll say it again, bookmark all of these power rankings and review them at the end of the season. I plan to print mine out, stuff them in Bucky Brooks' mailbox and light them.

I've never understood the American fascination with rankings. Salary and penis length, yes, pre-season Superbowl chances, no.

5. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

we have a far above average defense. however, we have an even farther below average offense. that's where the 19th ranking comes from.

in a league geared toward passing/scoring lots of points, we are trying to resurrect woody hayes' three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust offense?

not scoring in preseason against vanilla defenses hardly inspires confidence amongst the fan base.