So sick of the talking heads!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BillyGreen, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Every year there are several teams that do way better than everybody said, and way worse. And they're like "Golly, bum! Whoda thunk it?"

What you never hear is "We don't know what we're talking about to begin with."

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The talking heads have been bashing this team for years. That part doesn't bother me one bit. The seasons where they talked this team up, catastrophic things (Vinny's Achilles, Mud Bowl, Herm's playing not to lose, NE home game, etc) seem to happen to us.

I actually prefer the talkers to rip the Jets every chance they get. I'm not as caught up in the PR part of the game as say, some owners (and coaches) are although there is some truth in that old saying: Perception is everything.

3. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Until we prove everyone wrong. It will be like this.

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

turn off the TV..... it's ok, you'll live ;-)

5. Steelerstone

Steelerstone New Member

Gruden also said that Tebow would be a stud QB:lol:

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I thought the Talking heads were a good 80's band. "Burning down the House" was good.

Same as it ever was.

7. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

.500 would be great before the bye. As long as Sanchez starts, the final 8 games are ridiculously easy... We shouldn't lost more than 1 or 2.

8. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

My favorite is when they applaud Tebow for going 8-8 and making the playoffs (without mentioning that he was in a weak division) and destroy Sanchez for only leading the Jets to 8-8. It is so hypocritical, I can't believe they say it without laughing.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If you guys hate the "Talking Heads", you must absolutely detest Las Vegas..
    Taken from today's NYPost:

Those guys in Vegas really must be idiots. I mean, you'd think they handicap teams for a living or somethin.. :breakdance:

10. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

First of all, we don't have Schilens in there or a suitable substitute for him (Plaxico). Secondly, we have a right tackle with exactly ONE START and he did really well so how can they make statements about the OL yet? Thirdly, Sanchez had decent time to find his receivers the other night and proved that when he has time he can indeed fire some strikes downfield. Fourth, the Jets D line was chasing the wonderboy Cam Newton all over the map the other night (he was 6 o15 for 60 yards) so this D-line is looking like it can get to the QB this year. Fifth, Revis and Cromartie.

I'm thinking the Jets go 10-6 this season or perhaps one or two games better than that because the second half schedule is looking easier than the 1st half. If the Jets can come out ready to prove something to the league they may be able to give better than they get by Week 8. If they do that, then they should have a really good record by the time Week 16 rolls around.

11. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

If Sanchez has time to throw we can win more then 11 games. But with that huge if we will just have to have to wait. This defense is possibly elite. And the offense is unknown in protection and wide reciever. Greene got us 1000 yards with no o line I think 1100-1200 is not hard to think of

12. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

The Jets are my sleeper pick for SB champ this year. Being totally objective here.

13. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Most of these guys are not even watching the games. I heard one guy the other day on a national show (it was either on ESPN Radio, Mad Dog Radio, or NFL Radio) say that Mark Sanchez was awful this last game. Obviously, the guy just watched the ESPN highlights and saw the stat line (no TDs on offense and threw a pick). Sanchez was very sharp on Sunday. The same day (might have even been the same host) talked about the fact the Jets have a good running game. Maybe they WILL have a good running game, but it has been pretty putrid in the pre-season.

And it doesn't help when the most visible Jets fan (Mike Greenberg) is an alarmist. I get that it is good for his show, but it is friggin annoying to hear him crying every day about how Sanchez is going to lose his job by week 6 and the team is going 6-10.

Opening day can't come fast enough.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The jets are the hardest team to predict this season. They have a lot of question marks on offense and it looks like the purposely tanked the pre-season on offense. Why not new OC do t give Buffalo any film.

The defense looks really and the Jets should be in most games this year if the O can do anything the Jets will be very good. If they have to play without Keller and Holmes the offense is min big trouble.

15. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

I think they should just re-sign Plaxico, nail down the receiving corps situation with an experienced 6-5" guy with big game experience and prior chemistry with your QB. Maybe they can shop around for a vet backup for Howard if they can get him for a reasonable number. That's about all I can see that the team needs right now assuming our TE's are ready to go by Week 1.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Last year a few of them said the Jets would win the superbowl..it's better this way. Look at the abuse when we didn't even make the playoffs. It's still going on.

17. Velocityvirus

Velocityvirus New Member

You can prolly say the same thing with how the Jets conduct business.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's funny how predictions are. In 2009 we were predicted 8-8 at best. In 2010, people still doubted us despite Hard knocks and all the other media attention. They still predicted mediocre, but we won 11 games. Then in 2011 we were being hyped as world beaters in the beginning of the season and we all know how that year went. It seems like the Jets play better as underdogs with a chip on their shoulder and usually do the opposite of what the media says, so I think this year will be more like 2010. The schedule is easy enough that anything less than 10 wins is unacceptable.

19. CertifiedClutch

everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they back it up with facts. i can't stand when people say tebow will eventually takeover sanchez's job, when tebow hasn't shown anything that he's better than sanchez.

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Vegas's job is to get equal money on each side of a line. Perception is, the Jets offense is a joke and one of the worst in the NFL. So if that's the case, picking under 8.5 wins is probably a popular pick, since 8-8 is still a win. People look at it and see a bad offense and a team that went 8-8 last year, so it looks easy for them.

Over 8.5 wins may be a good bet at this point with the plus money.