I Feel Good About MY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NJGREEN, Aug 22, 2012.

1. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

First of all, I'm not a fair weather fan, I'm riding with this team despite what kind of season they have!

Also, from what I understand, these two preseason games are just glorified practice for the first stringers, and is all about getting the rookies feet wet and also to see who we cut and keep.

On top of that there are no elaborate schemws or plans, everything is plain jane so to speak.

Now are there concerns? Yes. But I think once we cut who we cut, keep who we keep and began to plan ways to defeat specific teams once the season gets here, we will be okay.

I dont believe Rex will put nothing less on the field then a team he feels can at the very least, win the division.

After the smoke clears, I believe we will be the division champs this year. In my humble opinion of course, I'm just a newbie, but I stand by it!

2. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

We have a punter who can't punt, a tackle who can't block, a non existent ground and pound in a passing league, a Qb who is getting sacked more times than potatoes and so on and so on. I think we have a ton to be worried about at this point. Yeah it's a practice for the starters but if your not even clicking and you pretty much have the same core of players in tack then we need some changes.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

my only concern right now is RT and I expect it will be upgraded by opening day. I feel pretty good too.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We can fix the punter issue once the teams start trimming fat around their roster. The guy from Oakland would be our best bet if he gets cut. Only changes we need are at RT. Once we get a new tackle things will fall into place. Can't have WFH fucking shit up for everyone. And other than the 3rd and 4th down play, we ran the ball pretty effectively against the Giants.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The problem with these kinds of threads is that once they're out there, and the team shits the bed in 2012, someone will resurrect this thread and have a real good laugh at the OP's expense. Its happened before, it will happen again..

6. nyjunc

I will be shocked if this team stinks this year. Worst case would be a season similar to last year UNLESS we have numerous disastrous injuries. Almost everything went wrong last year and we wtill won 8 games. We are going to be a decent team at worst.

7. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

The punter can be addressed after the cuts are made and maybe some other moves can be made also. I hope. But I have to say it is pre-season and I am taking the approch of lets see what happens when the gun goes off for real. But somethings have to be changed. Go Jets

8. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

I have no idea how this team expects to score points

9. nyjunc

Please keep in mind that in preseason we are playing w/o major cogs in the offense. Holmes is out, Tebow and the WC package aren't in, Kerley is out and they aren't showing anything. When we have our full compliment of players this will be an efficient offense. Just don't turn it over often and we'll be in every game.

10. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

I was saying this well before preseason.

This team struggled to get first downs last year. And we' havent really upgraded anywhere.

11. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Over the last 5 years, the Pats have averaged 13 wins per season.

This season will be no different.

Do you seriously see the current Jets team winning 14+ games this year?

12. nyjunc

I think we'll have a good ground game, the pass game will be better and the WC package/Tebow plays will help. I expect to have a mid of the pack offense.

13. nyjunc

we aren't winning the division unlss Brady gets hurt or starts declining rapidly but we'll have a chance to beat NE when we play in the reg season and postseason if we make it.

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I'm feeling pretty good about this season too but I would add punter to the list of concerns but its also the easiest to fix. After Saturday Conley should be as good as done. 2 shanks in a row and then the third punt was shit.

15. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

There will probably be 5 or 6 legitimate punters available after all the teams get down to the 53-man roster.

I'd be shocked if the Jets don't sign one of them.

16. Section316

Section316 Active Member

I don't see how this team will dominate, but I really don't see how they will suck either. Their two biggest concerns are P and RT, and there is just about no way that they go into the season with Conley and Hunter starting. We won't have stars at those positions, but upgrades will be found somewhere.
    It's not like this team has gaping holes in the roster at positions where adequate players are never dumped on the scrap heap. If this team isn't either in the playoffs, or contending for them late into December, I'll be shocked.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. The part that concerns me is that Sanchez has not played hardly at all with the starting recievers, and it might not in preaseason. It will take time for the timing to get to where needs to be and seeing Holmes, Curley and Chaz (maybe) for the first time against Buffalo is not comforting. They will be rusty

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I dont know how you can "feel good" at this moment in time.

I am not one of the sky is falling in the preseason types, but at the same time there's nothing to feel good about. They didn't really upgrade the roster and the only 2 chances they've had to show we can feel good about them, they looked pathetic.

The preseason isn't about wins and losses but it is still quite important to get prepared and adjusted for the regular season. Right now, especially offensively, the NYJ have shown they are completely unprepared for the regular season..

Nobody is world beaters in the preseason, but the Jets have looked worse than anyone!

The "vanilla" argument is petty too. The Jets offense has only been vanilla, well the Giants and Bengals were vanilla too and they kicked the Jets ass. It has to go both ways, when they Jets do bad its because they are vanilla, but the other team isn't vanilla??

The good thing is that IT is only preseason because otherwise the Jets would be 0-2 right now. Luckily the games don't count and theres still time to get prepared. They have a lot of work to do, and I am holding out hope that they get it together before the season. But to sit here and say you "feel good" is painting a false picture of the team because there really is nothing to feel good about.

19. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I think Chaz is as good as cut. White has played well and Turner has atleast stayed on the field and has familiarity with Sanchez. I wish Chaz could just stay healthy because he has talent but I still think he is the odd man out. Has basically 0 time in this training camp.

20. nyjunc

I think our D will be the best since 2009- that makes me feel great.

I expect the OL will get better, maybe that's just hope but I do expect it. I have confidence in the QB, in Greene, I think Holmes will have a bouneback year, keller is in a contract year, I look forward to seeing Hill develop. My only real issue is at RT.

I'm not worried aout how the O looks in preseason w/o Holmes, w/o Tebow in the WC and w/o Kerley. That means nothing to me, we haven't shown a thing this preseason and the starting O has barely played.