17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Thanks for your non reply which means U already know we are doomed this season :sad:

2. baamf

baamf Active Member

I think I may have mentioned this before in this thread, can't remember. But I sat in similar seats for an event my daughter was in at the stadium and was shocked at how uncomfortable it was. Seems for these prime sections they used the same seats as the rest of the stadium but they added cushions to them. Made it very tight and ruined the leg room because you're pushed more forward. Albeit, I am pretty big but I would have been pissed to pay such a big PSL and then get a seat that is totally uncomfortable. Something to think about if you're a bigger person looking for seats...

3. championjets69

Hey how did your cue taste as you watch our non SB winning team play last nite? :sad:

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

Went to last night's game until half time. Got there at 5 pm had some subs and a couple beers. Didn't want to do a big tailgate thing. My thoughts:

1. What a miserable first half. Felt like I was at a Giants home game but Wayne Hunter must go.

2. I LOVE MY NEW SEATS. I'm still in the corner end zone. I've always liked that view but was going to try for sideline seats this year until I was offered first row on the aisle. The bars are a minimal nuisance. I am able to see between them and the only headache is if they're on the 5 yard line and I just have to move my body slightly but to have no one in front of me is worth it. I also have extra leg room in the first row. People need to walk past I don't have to stand up just move my legs off the foot rest I created for myself. I was concerned it would be an issue for my sister who's only 5' tall but she was fine and happy. My dad said "I hope my grandkids have these seats one day" and he's been very critical of the new stadium.

3. I wish I had brought my worthless 50% off coupons when I saw the Rita's ices stand. Probably the only thing in the stadium I'd blow my money on lol.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm not disappointed with Sat night's results, as crazy as it seems.

Our DEF gave up 6 points all 1st half against the SB Champions (Manning and Cruz are an awesome combo), while scoring nothing on OFF mainly due to a few penalties that were very costly (roughing the kicker gives them 1st down, etc).

El Guapo obviously still needs that extra split second of protection which our O-line was unable to give him against the 1st team of the SB-Winning NYGs. So he was nothing to look at and why should that surprise me? He's a fucking photo-op, Super Model, Pretty Boy, IMHO.

Now on to Tebow. I really like this kid. Yes, bombard me if you must, but he moves the freaking chains and get's it out there, unlike Sanchez who reminds me more and more of Checkdown Chad every time I look at him. Tough, physical, nobody flusters him. I'd would have loved to see him against the NYGs last night with the entire 1st team on the field. Hi first big NY outing, Tebow was behind 2nd stringers for the most part, with minimal protection, but did get the ball moving for a change.

How will this all affect ticket sales? Probably horribly, because most people look at scores and go, "The Jet are no good this year. Therefore the ticket are relatively worthless."

Stay tuned. Sanchez is not gong to be our QB in December this year, like it or not.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't Cue for pre-season games. Just made a sandwich, brought football, baseball, gloves and a Frisbee. Beautiful night, a little hot in the lot. It was nice to be back at the dump. When does your Pats play this weekend?

7. championjets69

Well I knew if that was me at the game I would have indigestion & puking all over MLS after watching the garbage you saw last nite. I would try google to see when the NEPs play. Being in the PNW I know that the Hawks beat the Horses last nite :sad:

8. championjets69

Wow IMHO you have gone the total green glasses & green koolade with your post. Just think our D could hold the other side to zero points but MS throws 3 pick sixes just like the one he threw last nite & we would still lose since we have NOBODY on O that lead this team & have a ORT named Hunter:sad:

9. 309'em

309'em Member

Can't believe they raised a price of a quasi-craft beer from $9 to $12 this year - they're nuts and won't be getting my money for sure.

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

Since I turned 21 I can count on one hand how many beers I've bought inside the stadium. 2 of them were for myself and a cute girl after she bought me one at the stadium. At all stadiums it's a ripoff. I remember about 8 years ago some guy was LOADED sitting in front of me at the game bragging that he just bought some beer off a guy for $10. I thought to myself what idiot is happy about this since beers were $6. Now $10 is the going price.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alleycat or anyone else,,,,,,have you looked at ticket price$ lately ? I am going to take a peek now,,,,my guess is they are dropping big time,,,,,,probably dropping quicker than Wayne Hunter bending over to help up Sanchez ,,just sayin

12. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

I was sent one of those BS presale offers today. I replied with this:

No one wants your tickets. Your ticket office has overpriced the tickets to the point where people are dumping the seats for about $50 on sites like Stubhub, eBay, and TicketExchange. Why the hell would I buy full priced tickets from you guys for seats that are just way too damn high and far back? When I do go to support the Jets, it's usually at New England where the stadium isn't a soulless piece of crap and concessions don't rape fans like they do there in NJ (nice work Delaware North, and your food is TERRIBLE). If I do go to a game in NJ, I buy the cheapest ticket possible and stand by the railings in the end zone in the 100s for the entire game. Screw off with all of your credit card, Facebook, Twitter, etc. presales. What a joke!

13. JetsSec337Lot13B

They've dropped quite a bit. Also have to remember the Jets slashed prices of seats so row 20 which is a $50 ticket is going from $40-$75 depends on the game.

For me I got seats that as someone cherry picking I wouldn't be able to find easily which is three seats in first row seats on the aisle.

Also if you look at ticketmaster and use the code sthpre12 you can see rows of seats for sale for games. Mostly in the $75 price zone.

14. Section 227. Row 5

I wish you had told them how you really feel, instead of beating around the bush and being so fucking lilly-livered and wishy-washy.

Seriously man, I wish some of our STHers had the balls to tell them off the way you obviously did.

15. championjets69

Felt good hey? Because I remember how I felt after they call me some months back & ask me what I thought about the NYJs & I let out 43 years frustration of them! I bet now I am on the NYJs no call list ha-ha. I still smile when I recollect that phone call :Smile:

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha well done dhettrick...

sorry cbg i havent had time to do anything. im going to try to get something done this week. but i cant make any promises right at the moment.

17. Section 227. Row 5

dhettrick55 is THE MAN!!!

18. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Been away for 2 weeks..............anyway just wanted to let you all know. Local Pop Warner footboall organizations are now getting FREE UD pre-season tickets from the NYJETS............thats right uh huh.....:beer:

19. championjets69

I think the proper saying would be garbage in (The owner, GM, HC & Player) = garbage out (Fans do not want to pony up to see garbage play):sad:

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

My friends son is going to college so we reduced our tickets from 4 to 3 but we decided to give back the one ticket in the middle, not on either end figuring the Jet could not sell it and we would have an empty seat to put stuff on. Well, someone came to the game last week and bought that seat on stub-hub. Looked on stub-hub and the one seat is on sale for each regular season game for $999 per game. Do you think the Jets sold the seat to a broker at a reduce rate, no one would be stupid enough to pay regular price for the season on one ticket in section 340, row 8 would they? Those SOB's sold the seat to someone