surprisingly a truthful jets article from nfl.com

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

At least they didn't have WFH starting at RT.

Q.E.D.

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

EZpass Hunter.....HAHAHAHA.

good one cman

3. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Outside of Mangold, who on the Jets offense would you consider an above average talent?

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

EZpass Hunter doesn't really work. You at least slow down when you go through an EZpass.

5. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

true indeed, hes fucking horrible

but at the time, people were bitching about slauson just as much

6. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

above avg talent or player?

brick, moore, holmes are both ... sanchez, hill, kerley and mcknight are above avg talents

whether the latter players come anywhere close to reaching their potential is TBD, but the jets have enough talent

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The missing receiver started 16 games last year and except in the red zone the Jets offense blew chunks all year long. That was not just on Hunter although he was probably the biggest single factor in the Jets cascading failures.

Sanchez wasn't the issue. He looked just fine in the red zone where he had good talent (Plaxico was still a very good red zone receiver and so were Holmes and Keller) to work with and where the defense was not constantly sending 5 guys looking for a sack and where the Jets often had an extra blocker on the field.

He looked weak to terrible outside the red zone where his help was limited and the coaching was the same old mystery mix.

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

What really pisses me off Cman, and I mentioned it last year, is that Tanny is a gambler..and not a good one. I mean, he has done it with the kicker..he has done it with left guard in the past. He has done at the RB position.

Its not that he picks the wrong guy for the job...but he gambles that he will hide the flaw. I mean, can anyone seriously think that it was a smart move going inito this season without a back up plan for Hunter?

Was it not gambling that one of the receivers would make the huge step to become a number 2 receiver?

Was it a safe bet that the punting position..with a team built around defense..would become a strength?

Tanny gambles on key positions every year and we sit here every year after a preseason game or two begging for the waiver wires to shit out a Anthony Munoz..or a great receiver..or a gifted punter.

How a team that has been shooting its mouth off about ground and pound went into the season with Wayne Hunter as its only option is beyond reality.

And at some point Tanny is going to have to be read the riot act that this is no way to try to build a great team.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think Tannenbaum's media pass is slowly fading as more and more beat writers are beginning to ask: WTF was Tannenbaum thinking.

You're right too Jay. He's always thinking he can catch lightning in a bottle. Hell, you can add Sanchez in that grouping as well as we all know he wasn't ready to come out.

At least we can start root causing the problems this team has instead of going for the quick fix as in yet another gimpy FA that might have a year or two left in him.

10. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

I think all these issues are sourced right on back to the weak drafts in the last few years. We had no picks, so we have no depth, so when you slip up just a little bit BAM you're screwed because there's no depth at a given position.