Jeff Demps (Update: signed w/pats)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JET'S_my_name, Aug 14, 2012.

1. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

There's no way to know this.

McKnight, the underachieving RB who the RB coach sent his son after in practice to wake his ass up, has looked really good so far?

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, he'll probably get you beyond the 20 until his third regular season return. Do you even know the last time he was tackled?

Don't get me wrong, I thought it would be an interesting pickup, but STs is the unit where mental patients fly cross-bodied to end someone's life. And there is no longer such a thing as a wedge block.

He'll probably spend more time on IR than he does on the field, if he isn't cut first.

3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

He played for Urban Meyer, whose really tight with BB.

4. PatsFanSeoul

PatsFanSeoul Member

A classic BB move. Practically scoffed at the reported when asked about interest in Demps.

5. felker

felker Active Member

Sounds like an insurance move - if the defense doesn't improve at least the KO returns come out further.

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Please stop...please.

7. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Why are there so many Patriots fans here? Go back to Gaytriot place.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Oooooh queston time! Why are you such a shitty poster who never has anything worthy to add to any thread?

9. Professor Frink

I have to laugh at an 11 page thread about a guy who probably won't even make the final roster.

10. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Could be Brady's next Welker?

11. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I don't think that is necessarily fair. Don't get me wrong, I know next to nothing about him besides the fact that he is fast, and what I've learned from watching two highlight vids. But size and durability don't always have the correlation in the NFL that people seem to expect. Sproles missed one season with a broken ankle, but has played 15+ games all 6 other seasons as a pro. Ray Rice has been about as durable as any other RB in his career so far. I'm sure, as a RB, Demps has taken his share of hits despite his speed.

12. gopats88

gopats88 Member

also, IMO kick returners can be some of the biggest contact-avoiding pussys on the field if they want to. Just take a knee every time the situation looks too scary. Otherwise, head straight for the sidelines and step out of bounds at the first sign of impending contact. Hell, Cro can do it...

13. catsigater

catsigater New Member

You'd be wrong. He'll be a weapon.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Your credentials as a professed Gator fan have convinced me. Case closed.

15. Professor Frink

Maybe you're right, only time will tell. But, there is no denying he has an uphill battle in front of him. Aside from being a KR, he offers no value in any other area in 2012, not even other special teams units. If he's gonna make the team that way, he better be one hell of a kick returner. I get the ZOMG HE'S FAST!!! thing, but there is more to it then that. He has approx three weeks to prove he has the instincts and awareness to pick the right lanes, and assure the coaches he won't fumble, which is something he had a problem with in college.

It's certainly possible he does all that, but considering he hasn't been training for football all year long, and how small a window of time he has to prove himself, I'm betting against him.

16. catsigater

catsigater New Member

You're beginning to come around. Quite commendable.

17. catsigater

catsigater New Member

And you may be right about him not being so effective this year. That's a bit different than saying he probably won't make the roster.

I think he'll contribute on special teams and on the offense, though I'd be shocked if he's on the field more than 10 times per game this year (aside from ST.)

18. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Good to see the swing that "he who shall remain nameless" has in leading players to the Jets. His leadership ability is just spilling out all over the floor in this example.

19. Professor Frink

10 times per game? No way, maybe there is a few games where there is a play or two drawn up specifically for him, but that's it.

My point is, unless he becomes the best KR on the team, and by a wide margin, they won't have room for him on the 53.

20. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

So not being able to convince a pretty highly sought after free agent to come to your team that finished with the definition of a mediocre record and is not a serious playoff/championship contendor = lack of leadership?

Do you know what leadership is? Recruiting and leading are entirely different things. A recruiter convinces someone to join their organization, a leader rallies everyone around him to 'follow him into battle', if you will.

All it says is that he failed to recruit Demps to a pretty shitty situation. He'd have a hard time recruiting his parents.