I love this time of year..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Aug 10, 2012.

1. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

There is something about this time of year that just gets those juices flowing..i have missed football more than ever this offseason as last year was such a disappointment. Also personal issues have meant I have spent less time on here than ever but now the decks are cleared and I cannot wait to see my team playing football again ( after watching the mets fall apart anything is a bonus!!)

Preseason games give the opportunity for us fans to get our first fix but also to start to see how this team can come together. We have so many things that are positive that if the team can eliminate the silly mistakes from last year we can be a very competitive team , our defense has the potential to be scarily good. If one or two of the rookies can step in and contribute immediately we really can shock people..the shitty media cannot wait for us to fail but I really feel we have the core abilities for play offs and beyond.

Its all their for us to step up..who last year would have thought the 49ers, Giants would have made the progression they did..we have to believe the same can happen to us!!

Anyway thats my Tebow preaching done

Its football season again all and how fucking good does that sound!!:beer:

2. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

3. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm excited but I'm not even sure how many pre-season games I'm going to get to watch. I have to PVR the one tonight because the wife and I are meeting up with friends we haven't seen in awhile, the one next week I may be going out of town to visit the in-laws (PVR again), the last two I'm out of the country for and won't be back until like an hour or two (I hope!) before our week 1 game starts.

It's not like I'm going to be near a PC or anything either so I'm going to have relatively no concept of what is happening (i.e. roster cuts, injuries, generally how guys are performing, maybe even some signings, etc.) until I get home for kickoff against the Bills.

Plus I'll miss all the stuff on this forum.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I love the first preseason game. The offseason is so long and it's so great to finally see some live football. Meaningless but it really drills home the fact that football is back.

5. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

I think your FO needs to do something about Cro. He is the cancer of your team. He is to the Jets team what Josh Beckett is to the Red Sox club house. Move him out of NY and watch the Jets perform better. All you posters saying the media outlets are making stories up for no reason are just blind or stupid...OR BOTH.

Fix your team chemistry and the rest will fall into place.

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see which draft picks perform well.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Cro is a dumbass but he's our dumbass.

Asides from some training camp shenanigans he hasn't been the same problem that he was in SD. I'd rather we had Asomugha today but Cromartie isn't all that bad.

I would argue that Holmes has much more troll potential than Cro.

8. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

Aside from the obvious of him being a moron, I think the guy is really overrated. I don't expect him to be Revis II on the opposite side of the field but I've never been that impressed. Idk.

9. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Nice to see back on here Maynard. During your sabbatical the discussions have always been cerebral and informative so nice to have you back to reduce these topics to mindless crass Patriot and Fin bashing!
    Good to see you back Bro.

10. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

^^^^
    Nice to be back SJ..its been a tough time.
    Now lets start drinking and talking shit again!

11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Offseason has been far too long. I really enjoy shit-talking with my friends, and just watching football in general. I'm ready for something big to happen this year.

I think the locker room stuff shouldn't be an issue this year. As long as Tebow doesn't start, things will be good.

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

:beer::beer: on both counts!

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Since the summer is my favorite time of the year, football has a great role in giving me something to look forward to as the summer winds down, that carries me more than halfway through the hated winter. Gotta love it. I am not a huge fan of pre-season games, though, but they are better than nothing. Still, it's more like kissing your sister than getting laid, if that fits. Uh, and I didn't mean getting laid by my sister, I meant yours.

Surely I digress...

Anyway, this year I have a real sense of foreboding about the Jets, so I am looking forward to the regular season as much to answer questions as with a real sense of optimism. Well, even if the jets suck this year, at least we will know more than we do right now. In other words one great thing about this time of the year is we get to move beyond the wild range of assessments of how good or bad the draft, trades, cuts and FA have left the Jets, and also we had a big coaching change to assess. Time for some answers, even if they are, uh, distasteful. Hopefully things will be much better than I fear.