Andy Reid's Son Found Dead

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 5, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Tim McManus ‏@Tim_McManus
    Andy Reid is not at practice yet this morning. Team held a prayer on practice field before start of walk through. Looking into it.

Doesn't sound good.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Reason Andy Reid is not at practice is he's dealing with a "personal issue", according to team spokesman. Eagles will update after practice.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

@ProFootballTalk: Howie Roseman says that Garrett Reid was found dead in his room at training camp.

Sad. Thoughts and prayers go out to Andy Reid and his family

4. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

All these coaches kids and the fucking drugs

Shits ridiculous

5. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Do we know for sure it's drug related?

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

WARNING: If you don't have anything to say in a proper caring manner....just move along and don't post in this thread.

7. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Thoughts go out to Andy and his family. Horrible.

8. 403AV

403AV Banned

RIP

10char

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Nothing sadder than a parent having to bury their child (no matter what the age). Condolences to the Reid family.

10. cassie96

cassie96 Member

It seems as tho' Garrett's family thinks it is drug related. The family has stated, that Garrett, "Lost the battle that had been ongoing for the last eight years." (per USA today....sorry that I do not have a link...I read it on my iphone.)

Andy Reid had great support at the funeral yesterday, Roger Goodell and a bunch of the other NFL coaches showed up.

Garrett's sister, Crosby, sang Garrett's favorite song, and they celebrated his life.

Drug addiction is a horrendous disease.

Just heard on the news that Andy Reid is back at work today. Cannot blame the guy, what an unbearable pain to have to go through.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Homer Simpson does not think so.

12. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

While I agree that this is sad, how many times do people need to see others lives cut short due to drugs and the addictions they create? At a certain point, an individual needs to grow up and be a productive member. While it would be ignorant for me to understand what Garrett was dealing with, drugs can only compound the troubles of life. There are Billions of dollars spent educating our youth of the impact drugs have and many more millions spent on rehabilitating these individuals. Some make it back to be fruitful members of society and other end up like this poor young man. Either way, I’m tired of hearing about this all to common result of an addictive life-style. Thoughts with the Reid family and I wish them positivity and happiness not the pain and angst they have endured over the last few years.

13. cassie96

cassie96 Member

This is what we learned in class. "Illegal drugs are an 800 BILLION plus industry, and therefore they are not going to go away. One out of 10 medical students, uses cocaine. As long as the demand for illegal drugs in the United States is high, other countries will continue to find a way to get the drugs into our country."

Of interesting note, however, more people die in the United States from LEGAL prescriptions written by doctors, than from street drugs. That is why the DEA encourages citizens to turn in all of their old prescriptions, etc., etc.

14. mrmahon

mrmahon New Member

Horrible horrible horrible, but really you had to see this coming with all past hx on this story it was ONLY a matter of time.

15. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Heroin overdose. Very sad. RIP.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...a-eagles-coach-andy-reid-died-heroin-overdose

But this is interesting: Steroids?

16. kid_b

kid_b New Member

RIP. This is the hardest addiction I ever faced other than cigarettes. I donate plasma and such to help save lives but you have no idea how hard it is to even see a needle nowadays. I got clean, but I've lost too many friends to this bullshit. I sympathize eternally with Andy's family.

17. VanderbiltJets

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

19. VanderbiltJets

This is taking it way too far, but it would be crazy if there were a link between the Eagles sucking and the abrupt ending of a potential steroid connection. I can't imagine why he would be injecting himself with both heroin and steroids, unless he was using them to try and make himself appear clean.