I think we may have something in Hill?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Aug 7, 2012.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Is it just me or does it seem like every time I hear about Hill making a big play it against Revis? If he doing that against Revis I think he will make other CB look dumb.

2. Uhm a Jets Fan

Uhm a Jets Fan New Member

3. Petey

Petey Active Member

Excellent response ^

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Well I'm certainly not discouraged by what I'm hearing.

5. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

I said the same thing last week that every day I was reading camp tweets or updates he was making a big play. That's certainly better to hear than if he were hurt or leaving much to be desired. I'm not jumping to conclusions just yet. All means very little til he's doing it in a real game.

He should be getting some good reps in preseason, especially if they end up being careful with whatever Holmes has going on with his ribs.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think Hill is going to be a lot like what we're hearing of him this summer. You'll hear him have a couple of big plays and then don't hear from him for a while. He will be more than that to the team in terms of how defenses have to play us because they will have to respect his home run threat. He'll also be a big help in the run game.

7. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Hey Longtime,, If he gives us 40 receptions and 650 plus 6 TD's I would say the JETS hit a home run. Go Jets

8. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

All he has to do is burn a few DBs, then we will see his true impact - which will be in the run game. No more stacking the box.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yea I think I over estimated and edited that out.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

That would be amazing from a rookie. Also his run blocking and stretching the field for his teammates helps a ton too. To see a safety playing over top this year instead of just doubling on Holmes will be nice.

11. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Exactly what I think Hill will be this year. Also why Holmes has to be healthy, or else our offense will be severely handicapped.

12. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

All this talk about him not getting any mention for long stretches, my guess is that none of the writers are paying any attention to what he's doing as a blocker. People need to remember that was one of his major strengths, and a skill that will immediately make a difference in the run game (even before he catches a few bombs).

13. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I am so pumped up for this first preseason game. We have so many new faces and I want to see what these new guys can bring to the table in real action. I know its just a Quarter with Mark,, maybe less. But have to say care more about this preseason then last years.. Go Jets

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Writing about blocking doesn't sell papers, unless Tebow is the blocker or the blockee.

15. tfineZ

tfineZ Member

Randy Moss 2.0 book it!!!!!

16. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Last year this team was extreeemely handcuffed by the lack of a deep threat. Whether he's able to learn how to run routes effectively quickly or not, he's definitely a deep threat.

17. Rhodes Scholar

I've heard this comparison before, but if he can have a similar year to Torrey Smith from the Ravens, I'd be ecstatic.

Smith was a great deep threat for Flacco, who has a nice deep ball. He finished with 50 catches for 841 yards and 7 TDs, almost 17 yards per catch average.

18. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

That would be amazing. I don't know if he'll get quite there, especially if we're focusing a lot more on the run game, but if he gets around that I'd be more than happy.

19. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

You mean the same way and everything?...

I can't wait till friday, I bet Hill will get a heavy workload. With his limited experience he sure could use it.

20. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

LOL, give it another week and one pre season game and some will have hill as an elite nfl reciever and sanchez bust ready for the hall.