Rate my fantasy team

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by deerow84, Jul 31, 2012.

1. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Had my fantasy draft last night, it's a 10 team draft and I drafted 10th in a snake draft, not a terrible spot but not my fav draft position either. Some good players for sure but not happy with my bench guys. Let me know what you guys think:

QB – Matt Stafford – Round 1
    RB – Fred Jackson – Round 5
    RB – DeMarco Murray – Round 3 (auto picked b/c I took too long)
    WR – Hakeem Nicks – Round 4
    WR – Larry Fitzgerald – Round 2
    TE – Aaron Hernandez – Round 6
    W/R – Eric Decker (WR) – Round 7
    K – Matt Bryan – Round 10
    Def – Houston Texans – Round 9
    Bn – Andrew Luck (QB) –Round 11
    Bn – Jahvid Best (RB) – Round 8
    Bn – Michael Bush (RB) – Round 12
    Bn – Mikel Leshore (waiver claim in for Joe McKnight - homer pick!) – Round 13 (auto picked b/c I took too long)
    Bn – Sidney Rice (WR) – Round 15
    Bn – Mike Williams (WR) – Round 14

I didn't do the proper prep work and figure out bye-weeks and stuff so I'll have to roll with the punches when that starts to become a problem. I'm happy with my starting offense and having Best as a backup is nice. Other than that don't like my backups. Even Luck I'm not so sure will have a great year but figured I'd pick him up anyway and dump him for a waiver QB if need be.

Last year I had two autopicked teams and came in first in one league and second in the other (and I ended up with P. Manning because I forgot to move him to the "do not draft" list and had to get waiver QBs).

Thoughts?

2. joolander

joolander New Member

Solid team. Sydney rice is the sleeper pick. If Matt Flynn can deliver then that's a solid pick

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

3. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

I'd try to trade for an RB. FJax is gona be in a split committee and Murray is an injury risk, esp with the bellcow roll he's being given. I'd try and use Fjax and/or Jahvid Best and secure yourself a more solid RB.

4. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

1-10 scale, I'd give it a: 4

#4 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  5. deerow84

Ouch. What would you do differently?

6. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Post 5 more times so you're eligible for the TGG Fantasy Football League and find out...

7. deerow84

Fair enough :beer:

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

81 on my 1-243 scale ranking system

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

3 out of your 4 RB's will be on IR by week 10 so that isn't very good.

10. deerow84

I reviewed all the other rosters in the league and there are only two that I feel are definitely better than my own. Maybe I'm just biased but there are some crappy ass rosters out there.

I'll put it this way: Last year I won one of my leagues with Romo as my #1 QB and had rotated in and out QBs like Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, etc. I also finished second in a league when I accidentally autopicked Peyton Manning and spent most of the season with a QBs like Fitz and Sanchez again plus some random up and down guys. And it's not like I had Megatron or something, I did have Jimmy Graham and Marshawn Lynch in both which helped but my team this year is much better than my team was last year and last year I came first and second...so as long as am as active on the waiver wire as I was last year I don't think I'll have any major issues.

Like someone said, I could end up with a bunch of guys on the IR and then I'll be in trouble. That being said: injuries happen and anyone could be affected by them.

11. ukilledkenny

You did pick 3 RB's who have no history of staying healthy. Fred Jackson was a #3 back who had an impressive run and got hurt. Now you have him as #2 when he is gonna split carries and is on the wrong age of 30.

Jackson was good value as a 3rd back who ended up helping a lot of people through the regular season. There should be no confidence in him to stay healthy at this point so I would not be happy with him as my #2 and two other injury risks with even less proven on my roster.

If you play with a bunch of people who won't think of this after week four when one of them has scored 20 points each game and you can sell high than that might work out for you.

12. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

If we're rating teams, if you gentleman would be so kind. 12 team PPR with two starting rb's two starting wr's and a flex. Big money league so any feedback would be much appreciated whether it be negative or positive.

QB- Michael Vick
    HB- Ray Rice, Beanie Wells
    WR- Mike Wallace, Jeremy Maclin
    TE- Aaron Hernandez (ewwie. I fucking hate taking Pats but the value was so good.)
    K- Jason Hanson
    D- Jets

Bench:
    QB- Ben Roethlesberger
    HB- Jonathan Stewart, Isaac Redman, Ryan Williams, Mike Tolbert
    WR- Randy Moss, Santana Moss, Emmanuel Sanders

Thoughts? Opinions on who I should flex? Since its PPR I'm leaning towards Moss or J-Stew for week 1. Wallace's hold out has me scared I might have to start Moss anyway to replace a guy that isn't showing up until week 10.

13. ukilledkenny

I like the QB and tight end situation. I would be really worried about your WR situation though.

14. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Appreciate the feedback. As I said, Wallace being in a hold out scares the shit out of me to the point where I'll explore a trade if I can. I took Ben a little higher then I usually would a back up QB in a one QB league, but with Vick's extensive medical history, I understand I'm playing with fire so I'd like to lessen the burn of him getting injured. For POR I took Vick with Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Cam, Stafford and Romo all off the board.

If Wallace gets into camp at an acceptable time, I think I'll be ok. I expect big things out of Maclin this year.

15. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

Did my draft last night, $20 and bragging rights league with a group of friends (year 3)
    10 team, had the 2 slot

QBs Rivers, Schaub
    RBs Rice, Murray, Greene, Wells, Best
    WRs Andre Johnson, Demaryous Thomas, Antonio Brown, Jeremy Maclin, Malcom Floyd Randall Cobb
    TE Dustin Keller
    D/ST - none, I'll pick one up later
    K Matt Prater

16. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

This team looks great. You got a lot of boom-or-bust Players, but you got enough depth to do that. Maybe try to get some Trades down, early, before some guys break down (Wells, AJ, Maclin, Murray).

17. Kipper88

Kipper88 New Member

Hi guys can you let know what you think. I'm really chuffed. 8 team league snake draft I picked 5

Qb- brees rd1
    Rb- forte Rd4
    Rb- Charles rd5
    Wr- c.johnson rd2
    Wr- Fitzgerald rd3
    Wr/rb - J jones rd 6
    Te- Finley rd9
    K- Crosby Rd14
    Def- bills rd15
    Bn locker rd 13
    Bn green-Ellis rd7
    Bn Dez Bryant rd8
    Bn Doug Martin rd10
    Bn Steve Johnson rd 11
    Bn M Ingram rd 12

Not sure about locker and the bills but there are enough on the waiver wire toget someone decent. What do you think?

18. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Good Job, but you really gotta wonder, how some of those Guys slipped that far. Charles in Rd. 5, Dez Rd. 8, Stevie Johnson Rd. 11. I doubt I´ll be that lucky in any of my leagues.

19. knuckleballah22

knuckleballah22 New Member

its a great team....not sure about mike williams thouigh

20. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Sorry, just not a big fan. You need Fred Jackson to go back to playing the way he did pre-injury to have ANY shot, which i see no shot of happening.