Interesting detailed reports from Cortland

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Demosthenes9, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Couple of guys from a site called greenrewind.com. Don't know anything about them, just stumbled across the vids on Youtube.

Can't vouch for them (whether they are biased, homers, what not), but they give a detailed breakdown each day on who did well, who they were disappointed in, yada, yada, yada.

At any rate, vids were a lot more informative that anything I have seen on ESPN, NFLN, or anywhere else.

Jets Practice 8-3-12

[YOUTUBE]38n2wOH7VH8[/YOUTUBE]

Jets Practice Thursday 8-2-12

[YOUTUBE]0VtjW1efbyU[/YOUTUBE]

Jets Practice 8-1-12

[YOUTUBE]sfH1nayL1MU[/YOUTUBE]

Jets Practice Monday 7-30-12

[YOUTUBE]JS5rME7WqVg[/YOUTUBE]

Jets Practice Sunday 7-29-12

[YOUTUBE]O4IqEgMORbM[/YOUTUBE]

Jets Practice Saturday 7-28-12

[YOUTUBE]bJb5FRM4cwY[/YOUTUBE]

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's a pretty decent fan video blog, good find. Thanks.

3. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Seems like he is just reading the tweets coming from camp.

4. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Great that's just what we need is Coples acting like he did last year at UNC.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I heard him say a number of things that weren't mentioned in the tweets. He is obviously at Cortland. Not a very technical breakdown, but he is a fan that is paying attention. Unlike you.

6. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

He knows what he is talking about. Makes me worried about Coples, though...

7. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Your right abyzmul ... i posted only a partial way through the video. I should have watched the entire thing first.

As for Coples, i am still not concerned. Seems its a matter of learning the defense to the point where he can stop thinking, and start just playing. (and yes there is a bit of optimistic hope in that statment)

As for Hunter ... i was listening to Schein and Tucker on Sirius, and Ross Tucker said he was shocked at how well ALL of the Jets Oline was playing .. that included Hunter and Ducasse. He said that it looked as though the Jets had solved their depth issues of a year ago at Oline.

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Good thread! I wasn't aware of these guys. They seem really competent and unbiased. I like hearing all the stuff that the tweets and hack reporters don't say.

I like what we're hearing about Powell and Maybin. Shame about Coples. Give him time, though, he's still new and he is learning a complex system. Finally somebody talks in detail about Cumberland. He's one of the guys I think is going to be huge for us this year.

#8 Barcs, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  9. Ten

Ten Active Member

I've been a subscriber to the green rewind podcasts for a few years,the reason I started downloading them was because of their coverage of training camp. They also tend to do two a weeks during the season.

It's not ground breaking X's & O's but they give their honest opinions and they aren't homers.They have some darksiders tendencies but i'd still recommend them.

10. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

If God forbid he turns out to be another VG, every coach and talent scout who helped make this pick needs to be fired on the spot.

11. 316ROW13Seat20

316ROW13Seat20 New Member

Its 1 week into camp, Every rookie starts off slow as they learn the playbook they are able to play faster.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Coples looking ho-hum; I will not go so harsh on the rookie, but it is not an encouraging news.

2. Chaz fucking it up; Chokeland gave up on him for a reason. Jets had better pray Patrick Turner (Sanchez's go-to guy at USC as a matter of fact) steps it up big time - and very soon.

3. WFH. Do I need to say more? Maybe Jets ARE trying to start Slauson at RT so WFH doesn't get to kill Sanchez.