Cromartie: I'm the second-best receiver on the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Jul 31, 2012.

1. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Everything he's ever said or done so far has made me a huge fan.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Cromartie IS the 2nd best receiver. Who's better? Holmes is the obvious #1, but Hill is a rookie and Kerley still has a little way to go. I'm looking forward to Cro scoring some TDs this year. In the latest interview Rex suggests exactly that, but I think Cromartie is trying to motivate people, and I doubt he's even serious.

#42 Barcs, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  3. BookEndTackles 72&79

I hate when Cro runs his yap. First of all, he isn't the brightest bulb in the room so he is susceptible to asinine comments. Second, he is the biggest puss on the field who shys away from contact. Then he talks about being "physical" and "tough". Worry about blanketing receivers.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

the best at receiving babies.

5. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

More motivation for the wide receivers to get better. That's good, considering they're probably the worst position group on the team. He's the one somebody has to step up and beat anyway.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm going to go with the guys that actually play receiver. Are you serious? Who is better?

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I guess I should make it clear that Cro saying this is stupid as fuck, my defending him is based strictly on CB play which I think he's underrated by most.

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Probably wants to get the #2s to push themselves even more.

9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

This is all that it is! With Rex bitching about WR's; And being one of the guys that actually covers #2's Let the man swag all he wants this Defense is a mile high compared to the offense

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what he was doing. :up:

11. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

I think this is an attempt by Cromartie to position himself as a starting wideout to get two salaries and ultimately keep up with child support.

12. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Cromartie and rational decisions have never been associated in any way. This is all on Cromartie. His comment was all about Cromartie and if you think he was attempting to motivate anyone - you are mistaken.

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Cromartie = a lesser Sanders. Same skillset, not quite as good, but just a versatile. I expect big things from Crobar this year.

14. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

"To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you're not, pretend you are."
    --Muhammad Ali

15. foreboding

foreboding Member

He may the second fastest - no way a CB is going to be the 2nd best WR on a team unless that team has utter shit at WR. Teams use CB's as a change-up, a gimmick, if you get the CB the ball in space, theory is he can house it.

The Jets "other" receivers work on routes, hand drills, catching at the highest spot etc.... every day through college and into their pro careers.

Could CRO be a good WR if that is what he did full-time?? Maybe, but to say he is 2nd best now is ludicrous, and if true the Jets offense is in trouble.

16. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

He also brought up knowing the whole route tree, not to mention his ability to read coverages better then probably any receiver we have. Hill certainly isn't there ( either with routes or coverage, and I think it's safe to say that Chaz isn't exactly a pro-bowl receiver. If it came down to it and I had to match Cro's athleticism against Chaz's "experience" I'm not sure which way I would lean.

1 week into training camp before the first pre-season game he might be right. If this is still the case come week 1, ( if cro still think's he's a #2 ) that's a horse of a different color.

Also,.. Heard the offense is getting the blacks tomorrow, Maybe Cro the Motivator actually worked haha.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

In the words of Chad Johnson, Child please!

Not quite as good as in not nearly as good.

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/08/antonio-cromartie-practices-wr-drills-with-jets-three-years-straight-of-begging-i-can-f

19. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Cro's just happy to get some balls in his hands. Much harder to impregnate women that way.