Why does the media hate the Jets so much?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by srqman1, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

Who was is it said that?? lol One of their "expert" has beens who played the game 10 years ago but is known more for NFLN then their playing career??? Deion,Irvin,Faulk,Mooch are great! Wish they had them on 24/7 like they used to

2. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

QFT.

What does Tom Coughlin say? What does Belichick say? What does Tomlin say?

They talk about football not themselves. They talk about their teams positively but NOT bombastically. They don't make grandoise claims or predictions. In other words, they're B-O-R-I-N-G.

The Jets FO likes publicity. So does Ryan.

3. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

Point is theres no excaping the media here. There gonna write a story about something, even if they have to twist it up or make things up as they have been doing this camp. Might as well give them something here or there and have fun with it! If its there why not use it. Hes changing his approach to that of Parcells anyway, so if Rex wants to go to the podium and ask "Does it look like im talking into a bunch of robot penises??" then go for it Sexy Rexy!

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

So do we. I wish Hard Knocks was on the Jets every year, and there should be a 24/7 station for the Jets. Fuck everyone else.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It is quite possible that both will be gone.

6. Big Blocker

As for the OP...

It's not so much that the media hate the Jets. It's that by design the jets give the media plenty to talk about. It's the way the organization wants it.

Next!

7. SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers Member

Yeah but I think a lot of that was in the vein of the Nelson "HA-HA" rather than trying drive up hate for the franchise.

No one hates the Chicago Cubs, well maybe if you are White Sox or Cardinal fans, but the media spin is usually "look at those luckless losers."

And I want to say the "why is this franchise so annoying" stuff from the media started with the Parcells era as The Tuna isn't the most media friendly guy you know, and just continued from there. Even with the Herm era.

8. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

You really think with Chez's new extension they'll get rid of him???? Wow

9. SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers Member

And of course the funny thing is that the media will latch on to that as a reason to hate on those coaches, or latch on to the few players who are not the biggest supporters of the coaches in their locker rooms.

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I think it is because of Rex Ryan. It is like they hate a man who is confident to have said he thinks he'll win a Supberbowl. One that really displays their hate for this man is Lombardi over at NFL Network. He really hates this guy to the point he made fun of his weight one episode on NFL Network as he his faced filled with disgust when talking about Rex. And what makes it worst was that he was winning and making ACFCC game appearences.

I just think with Rex's confidence and his persona, people fear and dislike it and at the end, hate the Jets all together.

11. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

The way the media works is you win a championship as a coach you could make a sex tape with a donkey and a bus full of retirement home grannies and all is forgiven in a week or 2.

If you havent won a championship but you tell the media you think your team can beat any team in the league including the holy christ pats and youre crusified for years

12. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

Fuck that Gazoo head shaped fuck lombardi, just because he worked with belicheat he has to suck his dick on every episode. Hes one on a long list of "analysts" at NFLN who thinks he knows everything because he worked in the league. He doesnt state is opinion as one but as fact like hes 100% right. Mike Mayock shut him down at the draft about how Tebow can work for us it was awesome. He downs pretty much every team who hasnt won a SB in the last 10 years but we seem to get the worst of it because Rex has the balls to say what he thinks in front of the camera unlike Bill "I have social issues" Bellicheat who just trash talks on the field (And even repeatingly says fuck you to derrick mason like a classy individual) and then act like an alter boy in front of the camera. Pussies

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You forgot Rex and our GM

14. SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers Member

Especially after the way the previous seasons had ended. I'd think Ryan/Jets would have gotten passes if say their seasons had ended akin to Super Bowl XXV, where it was sheer luck at the end of the championship game rather than having to squeak into the playoffs and get bounced in the conference championship game.

Yes, still Final Four, but I think the lack of regular season dominance, where they don't have to take part in final week scrums just to make the playoffs, as well as lack of playoff home games, does play a part in the media and haters' annoyance of the predictions. Now, I don't think the haters/media are looking for 15-1 or 14-2 seasons, but seasons to justify the brashness of the statements.

15. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

To quote Ralph Kramden (Honeymooners) because they are Blabbermouths. What was the point of Cromartie saying he is the 2nd best WR on the Jets? I thought Rex was going to STFU, then why does he say he is the best defensive coach in the league. Santonio is a goldmine when it comes to getting bulliten board material. If the Jets just shut up, the media "Wouldn't hate them so much".

16. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

Well first off Rex was telling the truth when you look at the stats hes stating a fact, and as ive already said it doesnt matter. If he doesnt say anything the media will make anything up. Someone will ask Mark do you think youre team is good enough to win 10 games this year and hed say of course (as if youd expect less) and the media will blow it up saying SANCHEZ GUARENTEES 10 WIN SEASON!!!!! Or someone will ask Tebow are you competing as hard as you can and trying for the starting spot?? And hed answer ya im always competing and every player wants to start and theyll blow it up saying TEBOW WANTS #1 SPOT, QB COMPETITION IN FULL SWING!!!!! It doesnt matter anymore

#36 Jets83, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  17. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

The media loves nothing more than to give someone the rope, and then report on them hanging themselves; and too often, we've kicked the box out from under our own feet.

18. Big Blocker

I said it was possible, not likely.

19. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

don't fall for this victim b-s. who cares.

20. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

Well sure but i guess its also possible that if i moved to LA id have a shot at banging Brooklyn Decker