Either get on the bus or get left behind!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets83, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

There are some of us on this forum who have NO confidence in our team this year and yeah sure we havent won a SB in 43 years i get it, im apart of it. But if we have no confidance or faith why bother??? Yes this team hasnt won a SB in decades and we had a drop off year, but we have a good team and coaching staff. Why follow a team if all youre going to do is bitch???? How is that fun??? So are you getting on the bus with this team and riding with it through the UPs and DOWNS of 2012 or are you going to bail when it gets tough just to say i told you so, and then jump back on when things go good!! Either get on the bus now and ride with this team or be left behind to bitch and be miserable! LETS GO!!!

:gpc: :pats_suck: :buffaloblows: :martin: :manning:

2. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Been on the bus for 49 years and counting............

3. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]K84kOWCAUec[/YOUTUBE]

4. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

CLASSIC! lol

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Been run over by the bus many times and then watched it careen around the corner and into a wall.

6. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Not only ran over but they backed up and ran over me again. This happened numerous times.

7. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Personally I think the being a darksider thing is just a defense mechanism. It's easy to say they will be bad and then if they are you are right and if they are good then you can say that you were happy that you were wrong. It's safer than being optimistic and wrong, less pain involved.

Is some cynicism warranted? Sure, but some people just go nuts with it saying we're the worst team in the league and will never win a SB in the rest of our entire history, etc.

That being said I don't believe in the "you have to have faith we're going to win the Super Bowl every year or you're not a fan" approach either.

Everything in moderation people.

9. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

I never said have faith well win the SB every year but a why do some of our fans sometimes sound like pats or bills or phins fans with the negativity??

10. patdaman819

patdaman819 Member

I have been on the bus for 14 years now and i not ready to drop off i beleive every year that its our year and of what i have seen of the players we got at training camp this year we should all be optimist about this year i think rex and sparanos will show us some suprise so jets fan always stay behind your team GO JETS

11. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Ive been thinking about it. Ive actually been driving the bus for the last 49 years. :beer:

12. deerow84

I agree, like I said some people over do it on the negativity but some over do it on the optimism. I didn't mean to put words in your mouth in regards to winning the SB every year, it's just that some people approach it that way.

I think we both do have pretty similar feelings on the team, to be honest. On a scale from 1-10 with 1 being King Darksider and 10 being Optimist Prime and 5 being "meh, we got a shot but not a good one" I would probably rank myself around a 7.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

"Positive waves Moriarty.. Positive waves.."

14. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

sorry man misread your OP is cool, and yeah were on the exact same page im on a 7, i dont think were going to go 14-2 or anything but i def think we have as good a chance as anyone, cant write your team off because its easier then having faith and possibly being wrong. I mean at this point the Browns have as good a chance as anyone else. Its only camp

15. deerow84

All I know is I'm ready to see some damn football and, as always, I'll be cheering the Jets all the way.

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I be on board when they finally build (this is not the year) a true SB contender because my credo is SB or bust. I see 6-10 or less this upcoming season

At the end of this season I see RR axed & MT axed & Sanchez axed & TT being our starter which mean no SBs for some years including this season

17. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

Right behind you!

18. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

WOW, so youre an admitted bandwagon jumper?? Fuck the work i only wanna a piece of the pie without having to help make it?? GTFOH TGG bus is too full for you buddy

19. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

You really believe Woody has it in him to clean house like that? Heh.

20. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

Yeah! Rex who signed an extension 2 years ago T who i think got one this year? and Chez who got one this year, and Rex who brings media attention, yup Woody is def gonna take these guys out to the woodshed!