Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

No. They bagged it right in front of him. I don't see any problem.

I still have to see the last 20 minutes.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Damn this show is such epic drama.

Hank is def going through shock...

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I bet that either the next 6 episodes or next 14 will set up why Walt needed a machine gun. It will all lead to this year's finale or the show finale. I'm leaning towards the latter. He was 50 when the show first started and he was celebrating his 52nd birthday the day of the gun.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It feels like he is on the run...Must mean someone finds out what Walt has been up to

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Well, it appears he called the vacuum cleaner repair man, disappeared for a spell and has now gone back to ABQ to finish something.

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

It wasn't a DEA case yet

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He's either on the run or he's attempting to take out a potential drug cartel who knows. Walt has lost his mind though. Love the attitude change right off the bat

8. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Yea, he definitely speaks more like a boss now that Gus is dead and hes the one who did it.

9. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

That cold opening at Denny's, so much allusion to his former geeky life before "breaking bad" --

--His hair
    --Spelling out 52 with bacon, the series opened with Skylar spelling out 50
    --Mentioning the New Hampshire science museum.
    --Tipping with a Benjamin Franklin (Scientist)
    --Jochen Heisenberg is the son of Werner Heisenberg (of The Uncertainty Principle fame and Walts alter-ego namesake) is a Professor of Physics at New Hampshire University.

Awesome season opener. Layers, brah! Layers!

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I forgive you.

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Good first episode, although the evidence room magnet thing was a bit silly.

12. Drew

Drew Active Member

And if you notice when he's doing that, he's no longer wearing his wedding ring.

Divorce? Skylar dead?

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

so last night was one fucking badass episode.

Mike is so the fucking man...Damn best show in TV

Gus, Walt, Jesse, Skyler all got nominated for emmy's along with best drama

14. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Walt and Gus (sorry Pinkman) should win. Skyler not so much.

I'm hoping this is Mike's year to lose. He's off to a tremendous start. Hope they don't end up killing him off too soon. That wound is bound to get problematic. Just an amazing performance last night.

Was sort of meh about episode 1, but 2 was terrific in every possible way.

15. Tight

Tight Active Member

Can someone explain to me what case does the DEA have if any ? They have no drugs, a burnt down laundromat with an empty basement, and nothing else.

16. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Just caught up on these two episodes. Really good start. Mike is an awesome character. Will be interesting to see if Walt can outwit him....will be tough.

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

The basement to the laundromat was not empty, they know that was the lab. They also have the offshore accounts Gus was transferring money to. You would be right that they don't have a very solid case at the moment. That is why Mike didn't get arrested even though they had a pretty good idea of what the truth really was.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Exactly.

That, plus Hank really is pushing that Fring is the guy. His death, at the hands of Hector Salamanca no less, makes it a lot more suspicious and tends to add credence to what just happened. The Madrigal officer killing himself may look suspicious, too.

I can't imagine Hank not finding out Walter's identity in the next couple episodes. They teased something with Marie in the preview. Hank saw W.W. in the book last year, there was a little security cam footage he watched before everything got erased, who knows, he could have an inkling. And if he doesn't now, he will when the blue meth shows up on the streets again.

Then there's a van with a magnet, and they leave the van there? Walter says he cleared everything out, and I tend to believe him, but you never know if he missed something. He's still a work-in-progress becoming a professional criminal, after all.

I don't think I've seen Walter Jr. or Marie this season. I have to imagine both are more in the next episode. Skylar has had very little to do, too.

19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Walt Jr. has been around a bit. He was leaving for school just before Walt went in to the bedroom to get Skylar out of bed. He hasn't anything meaningful to do yet, though.

Hank is definitely on the right path. I don't know what the look on his face was when the police chief was talking about treating Gus as a friend and having him right under his nose but that was definitely a hint that Hank won't make the same mistake. I tend to think Hank ends up dead in the finale this season.

20. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

The look Hank gave when his DEA coworker was talking about Gus being right under his nose is some foreshadowing.