AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. GATA

GATA Member

You guys cry too much ... It's a show based off a comic book ... This is a fictional plot, must you guys scrutinize every little detail?

If this hurts you so bad... Go apply for a job on AMC and make a difference

2. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i hate pretty much every character besides daryl. i've actually come to terms that i'm rooting for the zombies rather than the people.

by far the worst is lori. besides her ridiculous emotional breakdowns gobbling down after morning pills and her reaction to shane's murder.. she has ONE JOB and that's to look after carl. every episode is her finding another way to fuck that up. the boy has done enough stupid shit by now for you to realize you can't just tell him to "go upstairs" and he'll just sit around until whatever the fuck.

some other stuff..

the product placement doesn't bother me. it happens with cars in most big tv shows.

the guy in the rv died like a chump. but really, the farm family had no experience dealing with zombies like that. he had no idea what he was doing. daryl had to tell him to go and try to get rick and then he drove up to the barn nice and slow, and then stopped like he was the ice cream man. he was looking around with his mouth wide open like "ohhh zombiiiesss" then he tried to walk out the door and got surprised that there were more on the side of the car.

they couldn't stay on top of the house because daryl mentions that a herd that size will tear the house down.

i don't remember glenn and the chick running over any zombies with the hyundai. the blood is probably from their bodies just rubbing up against the car when glenn convinces the girl that they should just leave the farm.

i thought it was weird the cars all showed up together at the rendezvous point but rick asks daryl "where did you find them?" and daryl makes fun of glenn for driving like an asian. i'm guessing they just ran into each other on the road and came together.

i don't like rick either. his speech at the end was even more annoying. like he killed shane for the benefit of the group. the dude bangs your wife, says he's a better man than you, calls your son weak.. but you killed him for the good of the group? CMON SON. this is right after he tells lori that he let shane lead him out because he "wanted it to be over" and he wanted shane dead.

i don't really get why he turned so hostile towards the group. pretty much everyone left in the group sees him as the leader to begin with. i don't really remember a time when rick didn't get his way in decision making.

really, that whole family is just irritating. rick, lori and carl. why does carl cry when rick admits to killing shane when he saw the whole thing?! and put a bullet in shane's head afterward?!

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The comic book is awesome. The show is worth watching but really falls short of the material it is based on.

Carl got there when Shane died, he didn't see how it happened. In the TV show Carl looked up to Shane and saw him as a close friend of his family. He was kept in the dark about the love triangle.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Product placement doesn't bother me at all, even though they made it blatantly obvious, right in your face. I'm used to that with TV shows.

Why did they turn Glenn into a softie? In season 1, he was the man, slightly cocky, but always willing to go the extra mile, drive places, or organize searches, plus he's supposed to be technically inclined. Now all he does is act emotional. I don't really like the change, although I see they are trying to make him seem lovable, but I liked the original Glenn better.

Good points about them changing the writers. I'm glad they did, although I still insist that season 1 was awesome. I do have high hopes for season 3, even though I feel 2 was pretty mediocre minus those last few episodes. The actor that plays Rick needs acting lessons or something, I'm just not sold. Lori is annoying, but the actress at least does a good job. Carl will turn around, trust me.

5. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Glenn answered that for you lol..He said he had no 1 to really care for him so he didn't mind it. After building the relationship with Maggie he feels as if he needs to be more careful. Glenn also says that in the comic.

6. GATA

GATA Member

That's generally the case when it comes to book vs movie/tv show.

7. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

A notable exception, in my learned opinion:

The Lord of the Rings trilogy

Please, Tolkien enthusiasts don't bother arguing, it's off topic anyways.

/Real Talk

8. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I agree with you. The Godfather and The Wizard of Oz also come to mind.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Fight Club is leaps and bounds better than the book.

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think Silence of the Lambs was better than the book (I did see the movie first though).

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Even Palahniuk has said it is an improvement.

12. DeathByJets

13. DeathByJets

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Is it coming back this summer, or in the fall?

15. DeathByJets

October. :sad:

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Yeah, long wait... hopefully they will do this season up right. Last one was a little lacking compared to the first.

17. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

That part was the worst of the comics too (at least from what I've read) and the upcoming part was by far the best part of the comics (again, from what I've read).

18. DeathByJets

Here is the Season 3 Trailer from Comic Con. Looks pretty fantastic to me. Warning....very clear spoilers for where the story is going (at least a couple of episodes worth).

[YOUTUBE]ShQz68Zkb3Y[/YOUTUBE]

19. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Looks good to me too. Last 3 episodes of season 2 saved this series. Season 3 is supposed to be insane. Let us hope.

20. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

It was a really good part of the graphic novels and it looks awesome in that trailer/preview.