Rex Lost 106 Pounds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Jul 19, 2012.

1. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

Christ are you ignorant...or is it heartless? lazy"...jesus some people are a waste

2. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

yeah ol' coll here would rather a person die than "cheat"...

3. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

woody's money "transformed" you..rex's mouth just made people think he did

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Since he likes to take snide shots at Rex at every turn, I wonder if that lactating cow Francessa dare say something about this .....

.....the fat fucking hypocrite probably won't touch it.

Nice job Rex.

5. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Honestly, I'm not sure where she is wrong. Why is it that some people can't lose weight through conventional means like diet and exercise? The only reason that immediately comes to mind would be physical handicaps (i.e. being restricted to a wheelchair).

People will always make excuses about how their bodies are different than other people, and how losing weight is "impossible" due to their metabolism. In reality, your weight is a fairly simple consequence of the amount of calories that you take in compared to that amount that you expend as energy. Both of those things are pretty easily controlled.

I don't blame him for doing something that makes him healthier - that is a no brainer. But I don't necessarily buy the idea that he couldn't have done it by spending more time at the gym and less time eating tacos. Lapband surgery is a pretty simple concept. They tighten a band around your stomach to encourage you to eat less. I see no reason why better self-control couldn't accomplish the same thing.

6. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

I just stopped eating breakfast ;-)

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I stopped eating trim but fell off the wagon last night :beer:

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

They also tighten a band around your ring finger to encourage you to practice fidelity by honoring your vows.

I cannot see why better self-control couldn't accomplish the same thing with your total-failure-as-a-human-being coach.

That calculating piece of shit not only cheated on and dumped his wife of 28 years(!), he was "the other man" in a nasty divorce case involving a married mother of two no less. And you have the consummate gall to finger wag at Ryan's weight loss M.O.?

And Colleen, you're probably mistaken for Liz Taylor constantly, yes?

9. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Haha, okay I guess it's cool if you want to get all defensive about this. I wasn't even attacking Rex for having the surgery. Like I already said, if it makes him healthier, I am all for it. I was just defending someone else's post by agreeing that obesity can be avoided in most cases by lifestyle changes rather than surgery.

I completely understand, though. Since you don't have any evidence to refute that, obviously the appropriate response was to insult a woman who you don't know for being fat and ugly over the internet.

10. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

im not getting defensive about jack shit...its about simple understanding and compassion and not judging another person before you know the what and why of their life...what gives colleen the right to such a sweeping generalization and such a judgemental attitude? people like that should just stfu till they walk two weeks in another's shoes...i know a person who had a lot to say about homeless people (losers, lazy, homeless by choice, blah blah blah) till, thru life circumstances found himself on the street...changed his tuned real quick...got it, coll ol' girl? btw please post a photo of your thin, in shape self, ok ?

11. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

btw obesity can be overcome by change in lifestyle (agree) IN MOST CASES..

prove the second part of this statement please...not opinion or soundbytes or any silly "common sense" etc...facts please

12. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Prove which part? The part where you can lose weight by diet and exercise? Sure, no problem. Where does your body mass come from? The food that you eat. Why don't we continue to gain weight as we eat more and more food throughout our lifetimes? Because we also use the nutrients that food contains as energy (in the form of fats and carbohydrates), and excrete the non-nutritional parts out of our digestive systems.

At a basic level, it is no different than filling your car with gasoline and driving it. If you want to drive a lot of miles (or live an active lifestyle), you need to frequently fill your car with a large amount of gasoline (eat a lot of calories). On the other hand, if you do not drive much (live an active lifestyle), you have no business pouring 10 gallons of gas into your car every day (taking in a lot of calories). The only difference is that a gas tank overflows, whereas a human body just gets fatter.

This is basic physics that applies to every human being on earth. The only reason that I even said "In most cases" is that certain people have disabilities that make it far more difficult to be active, or eat a normal diet, such as the example I mentioned before of people who are wheelchair bound. The same logic still applies, it is just much less sensible for doctors to say "well, you are going to need to exercise more" to those people. Last I checked, Rex isn't wheelchair bound, nor have I heard of him having any super-rare, really serious health disorders that would prevent him from eating a healthy diet.

And to reiterate what I have already said, I have no problem with the fact that Rex decided to have the surgery. He was healthier after the operation than he was before. Obviously the right choice. And I have nothing against overweight people either. Like everyone else, I know plenty of overweight people, and most of them are great guys and gals. If any one of them were to have this procedure, I would fully support it. I just don't want to hear about how any of these people "tried everything else" and how "my genetics fucked me over" and how "my metabolism makes it impossible for me to lose weight. Those people simply didn't try hard enough to overcome temptation and laziness. They chose excuses instead. We all have our own faults and lazy aspects to our lives, and it might sound cruel and harsh, but it is still a pretty simple, factual truth.

#52 gopats88, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Mangini totally lost his mojo after getting thin. Not sure what to make of this.

14. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Point on.

If you REALLY diet and exercise, it's in fact easier to lose weight because your body is used to running on a higher metabolism because it's so used to running at 3500+ calories a day. So if you cut that to 1500 a day, you'll lose weight a lot quicker than the aver person (2000 calories a day)

I don't object to this surgery, I feel like it obviously helps medically, but it also probably helps psychologically. Unless you have a thyroid problem or some other medical condition, I don't buy into the "you can't lose weight no matter what you try" excuse. After college and I was done with partying, aka I had a lot of pounds from all the alcohol, I lose like 20 pounds through exercising and dieting, and my friend lose 80+ through dieting and excessive exercise on his bike, 15 miles a day or so. You just need to put the work in. No work, no results.

That said, No matter how he got there, I'm glad Rex was able to achieve weight lost, it's always a proud moment when you lose significant weigh loss.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Well......duh!!! :beer:

16. Greengal19

Greengal19 Member

Yes, yes I would!

17. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Geez... I missed some stuff the past couple days!

So... the only options if you are obese are to die or cheat? Huh. Has anyone told all the people, like myself, that eat right and exercise that they don't really need to bother with all that nonsense. That knowledge could be a real time saver.

I sense that maybe you are struggling with some issues yourself... or maybe a lap bander like Rexy? A little too defensive there I would say. Who the fuck even ARE you???

And like GoPats88, I too said good for Rex... and then made my point that as a role model and a coach I think it would have been more inspiring to hear a story of hard work and perseverance rather than taking the easy way out. And I completely stand by that statement.

#57 colleen74, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  18. whichfan

whichfan New Member

This reminds me of Panthers/Broncos coach John Fox. Fox did the same thing while with the Panthers. Panthers were never quite as good after Fox lost his weight. I preferred him fat.

19. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I don't know how much weight you lost but I doubt it was 106lbs in as short amount of time as Rex. The guy was almost 350 lbs. Thats a dangerous weight to be almost 50 and doing strenuous exercise. I don't care if he "cheated" or whatever you want to call it I'm just glad he finally lost weight. It would be just our luck to finally get a good HC and have him to die of a heart attack exercising in the offseason.

20. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member