Predict the Jets 2012 season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Jul 21, 2012.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

In this thread I will predict our wins and losses. This is accounting for the best possible scenario, like Sanchez stepping up, the rb's playing well, our young receivers (Kerley, Hill, Turner, schillens) stepping up and the defense taking a step up from last year. Hopefully doing a better job guarding tight ends and stopping the run on the outside. Plus the youngsters playing well (Maybin, Coples, Wilkerson, Ellis, Davis etc) guys staying healthy like Scott, Pace and Thomas. Doing a better job on special teams by not muffing punts.

Week 1 vs Buffalo Bills- I think this game may be close, possible rustiness from both sides of the ball to a certain extent, however I expect the Jets to pull this off by the skin of their teeth.

Outcome- Jets 21, Bills 20

Week 2 @ Pittsburgh Steelers- the game will be close in the first half, but sloppy play (think week 15 vs eagles in '11 season) will turn the game in their favor. We take our first loss of the season. Which leads to mass panic by jets nation.

Outcome- Steelers 34, Jets 16

Week 3 @ Dolphins- The Jets will start off fast get a few turnovers early and never look back. This will be the teams best game of the early season. However optimistic Jets will say "it's the dolphins" but at least the negativity cools down for a week.

Outcome- Jets 27, Dolphins 10

Week 4 vs San Francisco 49ers- this game will be close but a few errors (fumbles, ints) will cost the Jets in this one. A winnable game that's loss due to bad turnovers with that said the Jets offense shows some sign as Powell becomes that complimentary back and Turner becomes a reliable threat.

Outcome- 49ers 23, Jets 20

Week 5 vs Houston Texans- IMO I expect the Texans to take a step back this season, the Jets defense have a field day as guys like Maybin etc racks up sacks, plus the offense begins to gel and Sanchez statistically has his best game of the season.

Outcome- Jets 24, Texans 7

Week 6 vs Indianapolis Colts- game will be closer than expected after getting out to a fast start bad turnovers let them back in the game. They even take the lead at one point but a key Luck int gives the Jets life and Sanchez marches down the field and leads a late come back by a field goal.

Outcome- Jets 26, Colts 24

Week 7 @ Patriots- after two straight wins the Jets get their asses kicked. This is one of those games where just as you think the Jets have things figured out they run into the same problems (gronk and Hernandez) neither side of the ball could do anything.

Outcome- Patriots 37, Jets 9

Week 8 @ Dolphins- this game is a lot closer than the first time but Sanchez once again leads a late game winning drive this time throwing the winning td to Holmes.

Outcome- Jets 24, Dolphins 23

Week 9- bye week

Week 10 @ Seattle Seahawks- Jets lose due to sloppyness and struggling to play in that tough environment in Seattle. Big plays get called back due to bad penalties (holding, roughing the passer) they seem to make big plays whenever it looks like the Jets were making a run.

Outcome- Seahawks 24, Jets 14

Week 11 @ St Louis Rams- another close game this becomes a semi shootout, however it's the defense coming up big at the end getting the stop on 4th down to preserve the win.

Outcome- Jets 34, Rams 29

Week 12 vs New England Patriots- the big rematch, this time this game is much closer, we do a much better job getting pressure on Brady and the two tight ends don't hurt as much as in the first game. Pats running game steps up but a late drive puts the Jets up by 3, defense steps up for the second week in a row to preserve the win.

Outcome- Jets 36, Patriots 33

Week 13 vs Arizona Cardinals- For the 3rd straight week the Jets are playing a close game, Sanchez late td to rookie Hill gives the Jets the win after it looked like the Jets were on the verge of a loss.

Outcome- Jets 17, Cardinals 16

Week 14 @ Jacksonville Jaguars- The Jets take control in the 2nd half after a close first half. The starters are able to rest in the 4th quarter.

Outcome- Jets 30, Jags 14

Week 15 @ Tennesee Titans- another close game but this one bites the Jets in the ass as they were not able to pull it off. Sanchez throws a late int to seal the loss.

Outcome- Titans 19, Jets 14

Week 16 vs Chargers- in a win and we're in scenario the Jets crush the Chargers, Sanchez throws 4 td's for 300+ yards and no turnover the defense plays it's best game of the season. At this point Stephen Hill starts to show signs of future good things to come same for Coples.

Outcome- Jets 35, Chargers 14

Week 17 @ Bills- The Jets are already in the playoffs and cannot go any higher or lower either way so the starters only play the first half. The Bills win to go 8-8

Outcome- Bills 23, Jets 12

I figure this is something fun to do. *prepares for condescending remarks from TGG posters*

Outcome- Jets

2. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

10 -6 record, we make the playoffs as a wild card, and win one game.

3. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Lie down before you hurt someone.

4. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

I agree, 10-6

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Week 1 Bills - It's hard to win a game when at such a huge disadvantage in QB play. But this a fact the Jets have had to live with every game for the last 3 years. Despite the differences in QB the Jets have owned the Bills using their running game to crush the will out of the Bills defense and open up the passing game for play action where Jet WRs are so wide open even Sanchez can get them the ball. I expect it to continue but this game scares me. Fitzpatrick is healthy and Bills are much improved but the Jets hopefully are angry after last year. Such a huge game and IMO almost a must win with Pitt the following a week. Win 1-0

Week 2 @ Pittsburgh Steelers A winnable game if we can keep it close. But our offense does not match up well against the Pitt defense. This has the potential to be an ugly game like Baltimore was last year. L 1-1

Week 3 @ Dolphins If Moore is playing the Phins can beat us. But even with Moore I doubt this will be much of a game. Miami has a second advantage in this game in that they do not fully realize how bad they are. We will try to educate them and we will take revenge for week 17 of last year. W 2-1

Week 4 vs San Francisco 49ers The Niners will take a step back this year. Teams that play the same type of game we play of bad offense good defense are games we can win. Expect us to win a close game as Smith ends up playing more like Sanchez than Sanchez. W 3-1

Week 5 vs Houston Texans We have had Houston's number the last few years. Houston is a dangerous team with a good defense and a good offense. The kind of team that consistently beats us. I am expecting Schuab and Houston to start slowly and take a step back this year. W 4-1

Week 6 vs Indianapolis Colts The first easy game of the year for us. Big win. Luck will not have the luck of Peyton's rookie year and a last second comeback against us. By now the Colts should be getting used to what life is like without Peyton. I don't think they will like it. W 5-1

Week 7 @ Patriots- What goes up comes down. I am just going to assume we have two bye weeks per year and this was one of them. L 5-2

Week 8 vs. Dolphins- The Dolphins have not lost enough to be ashamed enough of losing to start playing better yet. In a friendly gesture to help the Dolphins turn their season around faster we will greatly embarrass them. W 6-2

Week 10 @ Seattle Seahawks- We are so far ahead at halftime we sign Vinny to play in the 2nd half. Vinny gets tackled at the one yard line on 4th down but the refs and replay both miss it so we win by 50 instead of 43. The Hawks and Jet haters are outraged. Skip Bayless is so upset he devotes his life to trashing the Jets. W 7-2

Week 11 @ St Louis Rams- There is only so much Mathew Mulligan can do to help the Rams. W 8-2

Week 12 vs New England Patriots- One day Tom Brady will retire, divorce Gisele, marry Alex Rodriguez and all will be good. Unfortunately for us that day has not happened yet. L 8-3

Week 13 vs Arizona Cardinals By this time Kolb and Skeleton should be on the bench. We will not lose this game. W 9-3

Week 14 @ Jacksonville Jaguars- Despite last year the Jags and MJD have always had our number. The Jags may be very good this year if/when they bench Gabbert. This game has the potential to be the first time this year the that the Jets have a QB advantage over their opposition. Unfortunately that will not be the case as Gabbert should be benched by now. With Henne the Jags Qb advantage will be to much for us to overcome. L 9-4

Week 15 @ Tennessee Titans Tough defense great RB. This should be a close game. Sanchez plays like Sanchez and that is never a good thing. L9-5

Week 16 vs Chargers All week the Jets will be subjected to same old Jet stories along with flashbacks of collapses of years past. McElroy starts sharing 1st team snaps in practice while Tebow spends all week in Church praying and working with religious leaders to remove the evil demons haunting the Jets. He sends Rex multiple letters from Church saying God has told him he should start and be the savior of the Jets. Meanwhile Sanchez while upset at losing snpas does not want to fight Rex since Rex has lost enough weight to possibly catch him so instead he hides in the training room all week hoping Rex will not hurt him. Rex pulls out his favorite gameplan, the one that beat the Colts in the 2010 playoffs, which is don't let Sanchez throw the ball. The Jets win easily. W10-5.

Week 17 @ Bills- Rex listens to God and starts Tebow as Sanchez somehow got himself locked inside the training room hiding from Rex. It seems God lied to Tim. The Bills finally find a way to beat the Jets but only one of these teams is playoff bound and its not the Bills. L 10-6

10-6 Record 5th Seed.

#5 Noam, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

For someone who seems to have no hope in Sanchez, 10-6 seems really optimistic. If Sanchez is as bad as you are writing here, oh man its going to be a long season

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

9-7 and 50:50 for a wild card spot.

8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Anytime we play 4 games against the NFC west I am always optimistic. Just look at how we overachieved in 2004 and 2008 (until Favre's injury)

9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Sounds fun, before going thru game by game, 9-7 or 10-6 seems the most logical.

It's about that time to do the entire NFL season predictions, before pre-season starts.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Jets and NE split with each team winning at home.

Season ends with Jets and NE tied atop the AFCE at 11-5. Tie breakers determine the winner.

Winner of AFCE advances to SB.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

11-5 with a Wildcard spot. At least a playoff win.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Prediction? Pain!

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

10-6 and Wild Card. AFC Champ Game versus Ravens and a loss

15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

1st, here is the template for anyone who wants to join in.

Week 1 vs Bills

Week 2 @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 3 @ Dolphins

Week 4 vs San Francisco 49ers

Week 5 vs Houston Texans

Week 6 vs Indianapolis Colts

Week 7 @ Patriots

Week 8 vs Dolphins

Week 10 @ Seattle Seahawks

Week 11 @ St Louis Rams

Week 12 vs Patriots

Week 13 vs Arizona Cardinals

Week 14 @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Week 15 @ Tennessee Titans

Week 16 vs San Diego Chargers

Week 17 @ Bills

~

Week 1 vs Bills - At home to open the season, I think the heavy majority expect a win, and I believe we get it here, but in a much closer game than most expect. W 27-20 1-0

Week 2 @ Pittsburgh Steelers - This is a huge game to set the tone for the rest of the hard 1st half schedule. I believe the game will come down to the last drive, and we'll play well on d, and average on o. Originally I had been thinking loss since the schedule was released, but sitting here really thinking about it I realized... Their line has 2 rookies on it, without mendenhall, possibly wallace, and I believe our pass rush will explode to escape with a win. W 20-14 2-0

Week 3 @ Dolphins - I think Miami is the bottom dweller in our division this year...we sweep them for the 1st time in what feels like forever. W 27-10 3-0

Week 4 vs San Francisco 49ers - We play the team which is imo the NFC version of the Jets/Ravens. They're just a little bit better, and a little bit better coached. L 13-16 3-1

Week 5 vs Houston Texans - The Texans are now considered a SB contender, and maybe the biggest threat to New England in the AFC. I don't see this ending well. L 16-31 3-2

Week 6 vs Indianapolis Colts - At Home vs the Colts? Come on... ok.. it will be a close game until the 4th quarter I have a feeling. W 31-14 4-2

Week 7 @ Patriots - I think both games will be similar with plenty blitzing from the Jets on Brady, and plenty mistakes from the Jets offense....jk hopefully not, but in New England, I don't think we win there again this year. L 17-34 4-3

Week 8 vs Dolphins - They'll be tougher by this point, and will give us a scare. W 21-20 5-3

Week 10 @ Seattle Seahawks - Going to Seattle will be rough. I felt I was pretty generous with all the winning to start the season, so I'll throw in a classic long trip trap game. The Seattle D is no joke, and they have at least decent players on offense all around. L 17-21 5-4

Week 11 @ St Louis Rams - Should win this one... W 17-7 6-4

Week 12 vs Patriots - We just can't quite finish at home, crushing fans hopes at a division title, and looking to settle for a wildcard yet again. L 21-28 6-5

Week 13 vs Arizona Cardinals - We should take care of Arizona without a ton of trouble. W 31-10 7-5

Week 14 @ Jacksonville Jaguars - come on... W 38-13 8-5

Week 15 @ Tennessee Titans - I really feel like this game specifically, but the final 3 as a whole could be the most important part of the schedule. All 3 games are against other AFC teams that will probably be vying for a wildcard spot. Going into tennessee will be a rough challenge that most fans don't realize could be a terrible game for us. I personally think we have a better team by a comfortable enough margin to be optimistic about a victory. W 20-17 9-5

Week 16 vs San Diego Chargers - The Chargers are either rolling at this point in the season, or they are finished trying seemingly. This year, it's a surge to end the year, and we are shocked at how we lost at home again. L 7-23 9-6

Week 17 @ Bills - By this point, they blew up, and are playing for their jobs next year. W 20-10 10-6

#15 NYJalltheway, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Prediction: 9-7 or 10-6 with alot of JD consumed late in games..

17. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I agree with the number of posters here saying either 9-7 or 10-6 and a wildcard spot. That's pretty optimistic as well, IMO. I think we can win that first playoff game but not confident on anything beyond that...but you never know.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Week 1 vs Bills -W 1-0

Week 2 @ Pittsburgh Steelers -L 1-1

Week 3 @ Dolphins -W 2-1

Week 4 vs San Francisco 49ers -L 2-2

Week 5 vs Houston Texans -W 3-2

Week 6 vs Indianapolis Colts -W 4-2

Week 7 @ Patriots -L 4-3

Week 8 vs Dolphins-W 5-3

Week 10 @ Seattle Seahawks-W 6-3

Week 11 @ St Louis Rams-W 7-3

Week 12 vs Patriots-W 8-3

Week 13 vs Arizona Cardinals-W 9-3

Week 14 @ Jacksonville Jaguars-W 10-3

Week 15 @ Tennessee Titans-W 11-3

Week 16 vs San Diego Chargers-W 12-3

Week 17 @ Bills-L 12-4

12-4 & Division Winners

#18 soxxx, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Just look at the AFC North last year, 3 teams made the playoffs from that division because they got to play the NFC West.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Made your post more accurate.

We'll be a good 9-7 imo. I think the young players will show progress Sanchez will be better and the defense should be excellent. However Idk I just feel like this team is missing something to make it a double digit win team