The Dark Knight Rises Official Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 27, 2010.

?

Which Comic Book Movie are you most looking forward to in 2012?

1. The Dark Knight Rises

58.1%
  2. The Avengers

22.6%
  3. The Amazing Spider-Man

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Superman: Man of Steel

3.2%
  5. Random Queers in Tights

14.5%
  6. Johnny Sokko and the Flying Robots

1.6%
  1. reverseapachemaster

It's hard to develop a Superman movie that doesn't require too much backstory (or aliens). Trying to explain Darkseid would require too much backstory. You're pretty much stuck with a villain as strong/stronger than Superman or something with kryptonite to make him weaker. Doomsday would be awesome but I don't know how you spin the story without killing Superman and having to explain how he comes back to life or turning Doomsday into a wuss.

Superman isn't as conflicted but there's a lot more tension with dividing his different personas. Maybe the right story line is a villain that is hard to track, can attack at multiple locations and challenges Superman's boy scout-like character. I know there were some characters like that in the comics at different points but they always gave him an out to defeat the villain by taking him on one-on-one. Since a movie needs more interaction and drama maybe it can be better teased out on film.

2. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Or, The Riddler could be the bank manager, the guy from Prison Break. Those are my two guesses if The Riddler is in the movie.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I lied, I came back. This trailer is the best fan made trailer ever. Can't wait for tonight.

[YOUTUBE]N3lKI83zN2k[/YOUTUBE]

4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I'll be going Sunday most likely. Probably watch Batman Begins and Dark Knight Saturday to get hyped up for it.

Plus Sunday won't be as mad-house crazy.

5. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Oh it's tiiiiime bitches.

6. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Im speechless... fucking amazing

7. The Dark Knight

Great movie. Flawed, but still very good.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Agreed...great movie. Very epic. Tugging on action epic and drama epic.

Still Nolan finds a way to pull it off...There are things that I will nitpick over, I think there was quite of bit of dragging in the plot.

But the acting, direction, general plot worked. I also loved how it ended.

9. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Definitely a bit different from The Dark Knight, but still an amazing movie and an outstanding finale to the trilogy. I never thought I'd see another villain even come close to The Joker, but Bane was right up there. Given, I still think Ledger's acting can't be topped, Bane was just 100% pure badass. The character's sheer confidence and costume were great.
    Hathaway actual surprised me. I know she's a terrific actress, but I didn't think she'd be able to pull off this role.
    The "twist" at the end wasn't very surprising, and the story seemed to drag too much at some points yet was too rushed at others. But overall, I couldn't be more satisfied with the conclusion to this series.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Bane made my feel overwhelmed at times...Nolan pulled his sheer brute power and dominance really well.

Expect alot of Bane's for halloween like Joker. But yes, Heath left his stamp and will never be outdone.

My dude JGL also did a good job. They all did

11. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I'll just cover my ass and say SPOILER ALERT just in case

Amazing Epic Movie. Had a few concerns but the ending was fantastic. I thought it resembled more Batman Begins than it did the Dark Knight. It's easy to see how they changed the role of some of the characters from the first two. Overall, just an amazing piece of film

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I agree. JJ Abrams wrote a Superman script years ago full of aliens and factory and ut hysterical came if as bad sci-fi.

13. The Dark Knight

Just got back from a second viewing. Better the second time BIG TIME! So amazing. I love how each film is so different in this trilogy, yet all work together for 1 larger story. All the additions were great, the concerns I had after last night I have come to deal with and actually enjoy now. I guess when I walked out of the theater I just wanted more. Seemed too short to me, even though it was almost 3 hours. :)

14. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

It was a good movie. I'll put it at the same level as Batman Begins; a great movie but not as good as Dark Knight. I think Dark Knight was elevated by Heath Ledger giving a performance for the ages.

Rises was a great movie, maybe the 2nd best in the trilogy.

15. Drew

Drew Active Member

Easily my favorite of the trilogy.

That last 90 minutes are so was genuinely uncomfortable to watch. Too eerie. Really didn't know how things would play out. The ending was a bit flawed but it doesn't necessarily take away from the film.

Bane was fantastic. His brutality.. the quiet, calm, collected, maniacal brutality. That fight scene in the middle of the film was unreal.

16. The Dark Knight

Agreed. Couldn't think of a better follow-up villain to Heath's Joker. Tom Hardy deserves a lot of credit, as that was no easy task.

17. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Was hoping Blakes legal name was going to be Dick Grayson

but what a fucking excellent movie this was. Nolan took the whole "most sequels suck" idea and just took a steamy shit on it

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

so yeah...one of the greatest trilogies of all time indeed.

19. The Dark Knight

My one complaint and I am wondering if anyone else agrees, is Alfred's path in the movie. It felt VERY un-Alfredlike to me. No one else has seemed to mind though.

20. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Just finished watching Dark Knight for at least the 50th time. Watched Batman Begins earlier this week.

I'm going Sunday, but again...I can't possibly see how this 3rd one will top Dark Knight. It was absolute GENIUS.