Rex doesn't want Captains on the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Jul 5, 2012.

1. patfanken

patfanken Banned

The Pats have captains, but Bill lets the the 3 units pick who represents them. Its a serious position and BB meets with them as a group on a regular basis during the season according to Mike Holley's book Patriot Reigns. But no one actually wears a "C" on their jerseys.

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

:lol: :rofl: :up: :lol:

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Don't know if this is similar, But I've served on 7 juries. The first Jurist selected is automatically deemed the 'captain' by the Judge, and it becomes his/her job so ensure the deliberations go smoothly, everyone has their say, no one runs rough shod over any one else...

In 5 out of the 7 cases, the 'auto-captain' used their 'power' to advance their own agenda, shut certain jurists up, and bully ppl.

It's truly amazing how big an asshole ppl become when given even a tiny bit of power. Of course anyone who's ever been arrested knows of what I speak.

Auto-assigning Captains guts the whole concept of leadership.

4. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

thats what I mean. Teams that don't have Cs on their jerseys. Captain's without a C on their jerseys are just leaders IMO and that's what the patriots, bengals, and steelers have

5. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

These are grown ass men, the only people they *have* to listen to, should be the Coaches. Other than that -- the leaders will fall into place on their own. The real leaders will rise up and inspire the other players without the necessity of the title of "captain".

Taking the Patriots for example, whether Tom Brady is designed leader or not -- he is still THE leader on their team. The players respect him, and in all probability listen to him as much as they do coaches. He doesn't need to be designated a Captain for people to listen to him, follow him, or respect him -- It happens naturally. The same can be said for Ray Lewis, etc.

The whole concept of Captains on a football team seems redundant to me. Considering they have little to no real authority other than being an "inspiration", the whole concept is forced and in my opinion is unnecessary. Everyone knows their job, everyone knows what they need to do. You can help and inspire them without having a player who is "designated". The whole team should be a family, and everyone on the team should help and push each other.

6. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

miatke?.....

7. patdaman819

patdaman819 Member

i trully agree with you don't have to hace the C on your jerseys you are a natural leader or you don't.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

ppl forget the 'C' on Santonio's jersey had nothing to do with 'Captain'. The O-line voted Santonio 'Team Cunt'.

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

He edited his post, probably because he realized what stupid ass statement he made.

#70 CJLang, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Of course they do! Just about every team does. They come out at the coin flip. In the NFL, most teams don't put "C" on the jersey so you don't know who they are on TV.

http://www.steelers.com/news/articl...Captains/bc5e4c7e-8cae-4bd9-9660-3b1c2465fe44

#71 CJLang, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

They are named captains by the team! So whether you consider them captains or not is really irrelevent.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I edited the post because, upon further review, it wasn't just non-Jet fans making an issue out of this non-issue. The statement I made was accurate and applicable. The Jets beat the Pats 2/3 times in 2010 with no captains, then lost twice with captains.

Disclaimer: Captains had absolutely nothing to do with the results of those games.

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I never said they did. I think the real issue was why Rex is getting rid of them.. and you're right, it's not a big deal really.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets...xLTASzZINzN8O?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Jets

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^Clearly everyone hates Sanchez and there are a lack of leaders.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Our team must be doing quite well, and we must ready to own this season if THIS is the biggest thing we have to cry about as fans. heheh

18. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

we dont have 1 qb :breakdance:

19. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

We don't need captains, we need leaders who lead by the example of how they prepare to, and play, the game.

20. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

We didn't have any permanent captains in 2009 or 2010 either and we did fine.