Could Dolphins Tight End Anthony Fasano Wind Up As A Jet?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Nublar7

Nublar7 New Member

Sorry, but Fasano is not in danger of not making the 2012 Dolphins team. He may not be re-signed after this season, but he is not being released. Not even being considered, so the Jets will need to look elsewhere.

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Just like we hadn't even considered cutting Justin Smiley

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Well according to the article a Florida paper is reporting that Fasano's skillset doesn't fit into the new offense. I don't know how accurate they are, but that's what they said. Do you have some information suggesting otherwise?

4. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I could see the fins cutting him, then maybe signing a vet like Shiancoe who is a better fit.

That and maybe getting a wr like T.O

5. Nublar7

Nublar7 New Member

Fasano's role is different in the new offense, but he is still a big part of it. Why would Miami cut him when the next two guys are a 2nd year tight end/fullback and a 3rd round draft pick. The Dolphins will run a lot of two tight end sets, so it makes absolutely no sense to release him. Doesn't matter if one Florida paper says he is not a perfect fit, a role has been created for him and he isn't going anywhere. No story here.

6. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

`

Hes getting paid nearly 4 million and is a poor fit.

They could cut him and sign guys like Visanthe Shiancoe, Shockey, even Zack Potter.

Plus they drafted a guy in the 3rd round who is pretty good.

If hes not gonna be part of their long term plan, plus is going to eat up significant cap space, then it makes no sense for them to keep him around.

I still think its incredibly likely he plays out this year before walking in free agency next, but none the less

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Saying you run a lot of two TE set is false. That may have been true last year, but your new coach is installing his west coast offense. You'll see a lot more spread looks and less power running looks. Your old coach and his style has moved on.

8. Nublar7

Nublar7 New Member

I think I know more about my team than you do. Miami is in fact running a lot of two tight end sets in the new offense. It has been said they might even run more than the old offense under Daboll and Sparano.

Fasano has been given a role in the new offense, it just doesn't match what he used to do. His salary is not a factor because the Dolphins already are $4 million under the cap and don't need more room. Cutting Fasano doesn't help next year's cap as this is his last year currently under contract.

I know you guys are salivating over signing Fasano, but I recommend you move on to something else. Fasano is not going anywhere and there has been no talk of releasing him. All you guys are basing this off of is a Palm Beach Post article saying he is not a great fit.

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

You know your team so well that you knew that the Dolphins ran two TE sets less than the overwhelming majority of the nfl right ?

I know youre going to backtrack and make some bullshit up now, even though you clearly implied that the old Daboll/Sparano offense used plenty of two TE sets.

10. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Not to mention you made it sound like theyre probably going to run less two te sets than the old offense.

So theyre going to be what the 30th ranked two te set team in the league ?

They better go sign some more TEs then !

11. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Yeah, no matter how much you think you know about your team, you don't have the playbook and you aren't the OC. You know who is on the team and what they accel at, you don't know what their role will be this season.

12. Nublar7

Nublar7 New Member

Harpua said Miami is going to run less two tight end sets this year than they did last year, I said that is not true that in fact they will run more. Don't get your panties in a bunch. What I said is accurate.

13. Nublar7

Nublar7 New Member

You are right, I don't have the playbook to know his role. But you don't have it either to know that he doesn't have one. I am going off of what has happened at OTA days and mini camps, plus what is said in interviews. You know, like the ones that have Fasano saying he has a new role in the offense or ones like Brown saying there will be more two tight end sets.

First time I have been to Gang Green in years and when I try to help educate Jet fans on a subject I naturally know more about, I receive hostility. Can never understand why Junc spends so much time on our site. Goodbye Jets fans, for probably at least a couple of more years. Hopefully you can accept my knowledge on this subject and understand that Fasano is not in your future for this upcoming season. I look forward to a Dolphins sweep of the Jets and adding on to the fact that Miami has won 5 of the last 7 against New York. Good luck Jets fans, you will need all the luck you can get this season.

14. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

You are a tool

[​IMG]

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Nublar you have no idea who is going to be cut and to try to act like you do is silly. Surprise cuts happen all the time. Especially for a blocking tight end with a big salary in a new offense.

LOL @ Fasano saying he has a new role as "evidence". That is pretty weak

I can't stand when people on message boards pretend to know what the team is going to do.

16. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Same is being said about Keller.

17. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr New Member

I actually agree with you on this one. I'm sure you spend more time on the fins forums and know a lot more about your team, whatever it may be, then jets fans know about your team. It's only natural that a fins fan knows more about the fins then jets fans, just like jets fans know more about the Jets then a fins fan. So I take your word and put more value to it then I do the word of jets fans on this topic.

It's only natural, just like with the jets, the media in FL takes every lil oppertunity to start drama, controversy, questioning and doubting. That's how they make their money. Wether true or false, these days it doesn't matter. Media reports bs most of the time, based on speculation and minor possibilities of something happening. We as Jets fans should know this better then anyone since we've been targeted by every network, paper, analyst, colomist, writer,.... Etc.

The only thing I can say is that, your knowledge is better then ours, and mine at least an thus and about the fins, but even with that, saying that he'll never be cut is somewhat of a risk. I've learned this the past few years with the jets and every other team as well. It's all about the money, it's a business, and no one's job is safe, and nothing is ever guaranteed. So though your probably correct for saying he's not getting cut, saying he won't be is a bold statement, in the NFL today nothing is guaranteed.

As far as the fins sweeping the Jets. Can't say I agree. I've seen lots of Jets/Fins games in person and it's always a tight competition, even when teams are being blown out, it's a rivalry that I enjoy more then the pats or bills. So being that I'm a jets fan. I hope your wrong and that it's the other way around.

By the way. You should keep Moore. Kid is a great QB and they'll regret it if they let him go only to see him flourish and lead another team. Hope picking up Tannehill motivates Moore to be better cause he got hell of an arm and once the game slows down for him, he'll be a solid started for any team. It would suck if Mike Sherman favors Ryan Tennehill simply cause they both come from Texas A&M. I really believe that Moore is the one to fill the void at QB in Miami that's been ledt there since Marino left in 99.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yes, and many including myself thought he'd be moved at draft time in favor of a more traditional TE. I was just asking the guy a question. He came on here and stated something without backing it up. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask him why he said something.

19. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I somewhat expect Fasano to not be resigned after the season ... He is an average receiving tight end and makes the spectacular catch on occasion, and is one of the better run blocking players at the position if not near the top.

That worked under Sparano, but the Dolphins are going to more of an up-tempo passing attack that focuses on creating mismatches all over the field. This better suits players like Charles Clay (I think will have a big year) and Michael Egnew if he can progress in his rookie year!

Fasano is an above average tight end that will get you 40-50 catches, 500-600 yards and 5 tds or so ...

His best season is when we had a speed tight end to pair with him in 2 TE sets (David Martin) and this could work in NY with Keller if he is not back in Miami

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Like others have said, he'd be a good addition mainly for blocking skills. Fasano would be an upgrade over fuckin Mulligan.