What do jets fans think of what jim kelly said?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GRNYT, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He should mind his own team.

2. bpjets

bpjets New Member

Who gives a rats ass what he said

3. MikeJetsWord

MikeJetsWord New Member

The real question is, does anyone care?

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^^^^
    As in Jim Kelly =1; Joe Namath = 0?

Namath bitter? Why, because Namath (who is still passionate about his team, the Jets) doesn't buy into every Woodie/Tannenbaum move? The guy for better or worse offers his take on how he feels it would make the team better. You don't think Namath dearly wants to see this team, HIS team, back on top? Bear Bryant once suspended Namath for the season yet Namath to this day loves the Bear. Same with the Jets. Namath's love/loyalty for his "teams" ('Bama/Jets) is enduring, even if his frustrated candor comes across to you as Jet-bashing. For what it's worth, he put this team and a football (AFL) league) on the map and on a level Jim Kelly never approached. Further, in his prime, he and the Jets totally stole the show from the Giants in this town.

Imho, that you're pissed off at him being pissed off at some of the Jet's moves actually puts you both on the same page--you both care about the team even if you go about it differently. Tannenbaum & Johnson (and even Rex, much as I like him) are not above scrutiny.....scrutiny not to be confused with the SOJF gloom & doom bullshit you read from some others here. As for the 'drinking money' swipe, aren't you better than that? Not called for. Here's to Namath. Oh and screw Jim "0-for-4" Kelly and the Buffalo Bills.

5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Jim who?

/chokerfiller

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets SB Record: 1-0
    Bills (In franchise history) SB Record: 0-4

If your going to hit, you better hit big. Can't win one? Really? The Bills have been irrelevant since.

7. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

#27 JET'S_my_name, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

So it is ok for fans on this board to criticize the CS and the FO and the owner and the players, but Namath has to be a perpetual cheerleader and yes man and not be critical of anything the Jets do? That makes no sense. Namath bleeds Jets green. Why is what Namath says any different than the criticisms Klecko has on the Jets post game show?

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's silly. Without Tebow people would have to actually talk about football and how the Jets are developing their rookies. That's the last thing the media wants. They want people to think there is a QB contraversy but that nonsense is blown so far out of proportion it's not even funny. They want people to think the Jets are magically going to get worse this year and that they had a terrible draft. Virtually every article out there is absurdly biased.

Who the fuck is Jim Kelly?

10. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Who care what a fan of the Bills says about the Jets? Hell, I say the same shit here every day. He is a fan who wants the Bills to win and the Jets/Pats/Dolphins to lose. Wow, shocking. What's he supposed to say, "man I really hope that Tebow thing works out for our division rival?"

11. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

12. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

Jim Kelly is an asshole, and his talk is cheap. Whatever happens on the field will determine the game.

13. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

It doesn't really matter what he thinks, we're still going to destroy Buffalo with or without Sanchez starting.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

what did he say exactly?

you would think if you were going to start a thread about a topic you would include what the topic was in the original post?

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I have to give Jim Kelly some props, though because at least he's positive about the team. That's something we can't say for former Jets like Joe Namath. Joe Namath probably saw what Jim Kelly said and agreed lol.

16. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I am surprised to see that Jim Kelly has the same maturity level as my younger brother who is a Bills fan.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Joe Willie white shoes and " joe " you both put up excellent posts! I agree with most of what Klecko says and love what Namath has said ! They both bleed green and say what they feel . At times klecko was towing the company line early on but he seems to have come along and unlike Greg Buttle both give honest opinions and are not sell outs alla Greg all is well Buttle .

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

0-4?

Gee, I guess we got a bye heading into SBIII

Jets, still one more Superbowl than Jim Kelly

19. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

Every time somebody says something like this, I'm just that much more amazed at the utter hatred everybody other than the fans have for the Jets. Rex obviously underestimated how much of a lightning rod his Super Bowl guarantees created.

20. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner