What is your biggest concern heading into Training Camp?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I guess my biggest concern is Rex Ryan. That he can't recognize what is working, what's not and address it before 16 games go by again.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Definitely RT, and our WRs.

Taking away both Braylon and J-Co last year was a bonehead move. I know J-Co wanted out but those were two guys Mark had great chemistry with.

I still think we might bring in a Vet WR. For a run first team our stock of running backs is not impressive either.

3. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Wayne Hunter getting run by like a subway turnstile at rush hour.

4. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

The fact that last year went the way it did and the Oline really never got addressed is bizarre . I understand having faith in sporano but the Oline is a huge question mark. I think the wrs and Keller will do well if Sanchez can get some time and learns how to go through his progressions

5. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Dosent sound like the fingerlakes if its that close to camp. Either way, have a great time in the best part of NY! and hang in there, we have Christ himself in the wings!

6. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Seriously? I could never give up what's in my blood!!!!!!!

I used to post on a board years ago where some great football minds who happened to be Pats fans posted - before the Pats 1st SB run about midway thru that season, they declared Bellichik absolutely clueless and wanted him gone.... Funny how genious these poster think they are now....

In the year of the Giants 1st recent SB, almost every Giants fan you could get your hands on wanted Eli and Coughlin both banished from the game!!!!!!!

It's all part of the Fun........ These fans BOTH wanted the teams blown up Mid to late season...... little did they know a few months later they would watch their teams win it all... I'm not talking fringe "Darksiders" or a few fans that are jaded - I'm talking MOST EVERY FAN of said team!!!!!!! At least that I could poll.....

After that Vikings game, Giants fans were abandoning Eli completely!!!

My biggest concern, as always in AVOIDING INJURIES!!!!

#26 Jet Blue, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Ok, Genius. Explain to me, in terms I can understand, the logic behind allowing Braylon Edwards to walk, but guaranteeing WFH's salary.

This is NOT about negativity. Pointing out stupidity is NEVER a negative thing.

8. Did I ever say i was a genius?

I'd like to think when the FO makes an error I am just as harsh on them as I am supportive of them when they make a quality acquistion/decision. Perhaps I'm just alittle more even Keeled than many on this board. I think it's assanine to give up on a player/gm/coach at the first sign of adversity. I think it's ridiculous to give up on young players when they don't develop as quickly as we'd like, & I think it send s a bad vibe throughout the entire franchise the way this fan base focuses on the negative.

As for your scenario, Are you referring to the jets picking up Hunter's option this past offseason or signing him to the 4 year deal in 2010 offseason?

I think at this point it's safe to assume that Braylon wore out his welcome not only in New York but with many teams in the NFL. He still is without a job. Additionally his knee issue appears to be alot more chronic than many will lead you on. Personally, I don't put as much value on WR's as I do other positions. If we're talking about a guy w/ bad knees, about to hit 30, who may have some off the field issues & was never dominant at a non impact position like WR....How is that a good investment?

As for Hunter...I never liked the move b/c I always thought of him as a back-up swing tackle. Good enough to plug in & start a handful of games but way too inconsistent to depend on through a whole 16..especially in Schotty's scheme where the tackles are isolated in Pass pro quite often. I do recognize however that when Woody went down..they were put in a bind. Their theme going into 2011 appeared to be to emphasize contiinuity as much as possible due to the lockout. They had Hunter who had been in the system for a long time & Ducasse who was still raw..but had a year in the system & they thought he could push Hunter. It didn't work out. Even so...Hunter is nowhere near as bad as many on this board would lead you to believe. He's a below average player..but he did have some good performances on the line. Not to mention 1 player does not make an entire OL.

9. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

The offensive line, period.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I save my real concerns for after training camp, but obviously the oline is the one thing that is up in the air. They will probably be better than last year, but that's the one issue they didn't really address during the off season. I think this training camp will give us a better idea of what the line is looking like. I'm hoping Vlad takes Hunter's job, but we'll have to see.

11. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

SS, FS, 4th CB, back up Safeties, McKnight fumblitis, somebody lets Tebow start at something other than fullback........Oh yeah, and that right tackle.

12. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Anyone who answers anything besides Right Tackle is not paying attention. The biggest question mark bar none.

13. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

I blame our lack of Offense last year on the O line, specificly RT. To say we are going to be a "run first" team and have done nothing about the O line kinda scares me.

14. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

If RT is honestly the only thing that would hold the Jets back from contending, they probably don't deserve to be contending in the first place.

Also, why are people blaming the o-line more for last year than Mark Sanchez? You know, the supposed franchise QB and leader of the team? Until he steps up and assumes his role as the bonafide commander of the offense, the Jets aren't going anywhere.

15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The Oline was pretty bad last year and injured. There really was not much of a pocket for the majority of the season. Our receivers were washed up, slow or pure divas (getting upset taking plays off).

All said, I totally agree about mark grabbing his nuts and taking command of the offense. No more excuses. No more fake ass captains in the huddle. You are it #6. It is yours. Nobody, speaks when you are talking. Get the play, identify the defense and execute. If you lead we will follow.

Carpe diem!

16. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Maybe cause the O line was getting the poor kid killed last year lol. Not only do i blame the OL for Sanchez's struggles but also the running game

17. CHK

CHK Banned

Every aspect of our shitty offense! It all starts with the lack of a franchise QB.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Continuity - and what about WRs? You make a lot of sense right there.
    2. You are only as strong as your weakest link. Especially if you are working in a team environment. WFH hurt the OL as much as he could possibly do - that IS a fact.
    3. FIRST SIGN OF ADVERSITY??? Really? Did I call for Schottenheimer's head at the first sign of adversity? Or Tannenbaum? Or Mangini? WHEN??

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]cPBi4OCzzDg[/YOUTUBE]

Step up my ass.

20. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

And our Lack of protection; And the shitty RB's who enable the Defense to play to our weakness