Anyone Else Struggling To Get Back Into Football?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Italian Seafood, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The only thing it adds in reality is tricking yourself into thinking it matters. I feel just as much suspense when watching games via DVR. The only difference is I don't have to sit there waiting while the commercials roll wondering what's going to happen. I can satisfy my curiosity immediately. Technically there is a 5-10 second delay regardless, so nothing you are watching is 100% live. If it's the first time I'm watching something, it's live to me and doesn't matter when the game was actually played, as long as nobody ruins it for me.

Yeah, I usually turn my phone off when I DVR the games. Never liked the whole "I have to text all my friends after every score!!!" stuff. A few of my friends do that and it annoys the hell out of me. It ain't like I'm not watching the same game! I don't watch them the next day or anything, usually just an hour late. I start the 1:00 games at 2, and they are fully caught up and live by the middle/end of the 4th. Your fantasy results don't change by learning them an hour later than usual. It's all an illusion. I follow fantasy football hardcore as well. To each his own, but live vs non live means nothing to me. What matters is watching the team and wasting less time doing it. I can't stand all of the marketing gimmicks that cause so many stops in play. It ain't worth watching 5 minutes of game then 2 sets of commercials (before and after kickoff). That crap is absurd, and I won't waste my time watching commercials that aren't even worthy of me watching in the corner of my eye while flipping the wings.

#101 Barcs, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I can't wait, but I don't follow any other sports. Plus I have found a great site where you can purchase games in near HD quality going back 12 years.

I bought every single game since 09 so I could watch every single Sanchez snap. Which was great for me because it shows a lot.

3. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr New Member

Kinda like how NBA players flop every time they get touched. Or they draw fouls by a pump fake, defender jumping straight up and then Dwayne Wade, for example leans forward and leaps into the defender.

Are they faggy. I guess. Some more then others. But then again. Most of these guys come from parts of the world where fashion and style are way different then here in the states. Honestly? Don't you think russel Westbrook, and Kevin Durant don't look like retards with their "geek glasses" without lenses, and the flamboyant 30 different color shirts.

These guys make tons if money, they're always in the public eye, they try to set trends, invent new ones, or just follow what the "in" thing is.

Personally. I love football, nothing comes close to my love for football. I played basketball throught high school, 4 years, wrestled for 3 years, played soccer in both Europe and the States for a total of 12 years. Never once played an official game of football. HS football is during HD Soccer. I obviously played soccer. :/ now I wish I played football.

Anyway. They're all very demanding sports in their own ways. The conditioning and training is completely different between all of them. Out of the sports I played for teams and for fun, this might be hard to believe but the conditioning for wrestling was the hardest of them all, then came soccer, and last was basketball. Maybe bball was easy for me cause it started as soon as soccer finished. We were state champs 2 out of the 4 years I played soccer in HS. 2 practices a day. One from 5 am-7:30 am. Locker room shower, school, then practice again for 3 hours from 2:30-5:30. Non stop running.

Wrestling was 1 practice. Also state champs and 2 time group champs. Practice from 2:30-5:30. From the minute we stepped on the mats we ran circles around 4 mats. We got called into the circle, wrestles for 6 minutes, water brake and continue running till your called again. This went on for 3 hours straight. No breaks longer then 2-3 minutes, max of 5 breaks in 3 hours.

Basketball was a piece of cake. I'm 6'2", waighed 152-160, wrestling weight. 60 % of the practice was spent standing around, listening to coaches, shooting, Bsing. That's why we sucked probably. Lol

I'm writing too much. My point is, all sports are hard and require a lot of practice and planning. Soccer especially has a lot of plays, though it might not seem that way. Running non stop for 45 min, resting for 15, the 45 straight again is no easy task. You need mobility, precision, agility, conditioning, accuracy, lower body strength.

What I'm saying is, unless you know everything that goes into preparing, you won't appreciate it. I do. But I love football more then anything. And I watched my first game at 11. When I moved here from Europe.

If you don't like it, you don't like it. Don't bash or disrespect it. No need for that. If it doesn't interest you, don't watch. But don't make it seem like its just a bunch of "gayish" men, acting. All sports require acting. Basketball being the top one. That's why I hate the way the game is played now. And soccer pisses me off now as well with the over exaggerated acting. Maybe that's why I love football. Other the WR not much room for acting.

I appologize for the length if this post. Just wanted to give you fellas a better idea about the sports I played just in case you haven't.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Obviously I was exaggerating. Not every Non-American Football (read: soccer) player acts faggy. That crap is pretty darn off-putting, though.

5. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

I can't wait for our season opener. I'm ridiculously hyped for this season.

6. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Soccer requires one to be in great shape, no question. Doesn't change the fact that its boring as fuck to watch. (and its played by a bunch of Oscar-worthy Pirmmadonnas)

7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I haven't come across this site - could you point me in the right direction?

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

http://www.sportsgamesondvd.net/NFL.html

I asked about Blu-Rays and he doesn't have any timetable.

9. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I agree, I'm not having any trouble at all.

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

same here I think its going to be a very interesting season for the Jets and some great storylines elsewhere around the NFL (like RG3, Luck, Peyton etc)

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Each to their own but for me there is a real difference between watching something live and something recorded - you always feel that if something really incredible had happened you would have heard about it somehow.

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I can't watch the Jets on DVR, I'm way too amped up. Especially these days with Twitter, etc, I'm glued knowing the games is going on.

Other sports I can--hockey and soccer, if I have to miss the game I need to not know the result. If you know when the goals are coming and who wins, the rest of it is hard to get into. Basketball can be pretty good especially scanning through all the timeouts at the end.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Contrary to your belief, that can't be further from the truth.

Soccer player that doesn't know how to use his hands and arms = worth less than dried piece of horse shit. And I am not talking about the goalkeeper either.

You are not allowed to [touch the ball with hands] but other than that, every other hand use is a fair game.

14. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

It's usually very hard for me to get back into football after a disappointing season. After 2007 and 2008 I found it hard to get excited about the season until opening day of 2009 in Houston. After two exciting and mildly successful seasons in 2009 and 2010, I am finding the 2011 train wreck hard to get over and get excited for 2012. Once preseason rolls around, Ill probably get more into it.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im gunna say this, DO NOT quit on this season if we start like 1-4 or 2-3. We have a very tought start but down the stretch every game is winnable and we could catch some real fire. On top of that the Patriots have the Texans and 49ers looming at the end of the season which will give us a lot of hope that we can catch them because they could lose both those games.

16. blantyr

blantyr Member

Another year...

They could, but the Patriots generally do pretty well at home in December.

Both Jets and Patriots have changed a bit. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Obviously that is what I meant. They do use their hands for balance, touching the opponents and getting themselves off the ground among other things.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

There are a LOT more to it than just that. I'll leave it at that for now...

19. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Soccer is actually a very physical sport, you have to use your arms and upper body strength to win the ball, or hold it against the opponent.

20. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I have been so busy with life in general I have not had any time to really think about the upcoming season. The wife and I have our first little one on the way due Sept. 4 so my life has been consumed with getting thing prepared.
    I usually am chomping at the bit to get the season started but between school, work, house chores and baby prep I have no time for anything else. Hell I really have not even been coming to check out my favorite message board. Go! Jets!