The Passion of the Tebow by Jest

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Remarker, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Remarker

Remarker Banned

This parady is the best I've seen yet. It is scary accurate.

[YOUTUBE]lBo_1NXLg50[/YOUTUBE]

by Riley Schmitt of rantssports.com ( http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse...new-tim-tebow-video-the-passion-of-the-tebow/ )

Tim Tebow of the New York Jets certainly is a polarizing figure. Everything he does gets treated by the media microscope. Jest, a humor company, decided to come up with a video parodying Tebow. The video, called “The Passion of the Tebow,” parodies The Passion of the Christ to great laughs.

Tim Tebow is always going to have videos like this come out about him. People will always look to capitalize on his religious background and whatnot. Luckily, Tebow tends to take all of this stuff in stride and he might not even know about this thing. However, I think he would get a kick out of it.

I have a feeling that the religious zealots will act all offended about this thing, but they should realize that is just for fun. They mean no harm to Tim Tebow or religion but instead are looking for a humorous way to portray Tebow. I think it does its job and has plenty of good football connections in it.

Personally, I hope we see more videos like this as we move on. Everyone has been scared to criticize Tebow too much because that opens the floodgates to his defenders. People just need to relax and realize that Tim Tebow will always have fun poked at him. He is an easy target with easy flaws. They aren’t attacking him because he is religious, but because people know it will attract attention. The more attention you give it, the more often stuff like this will happen.

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I made it about 30 seconds. Lame.

3. Remarker

Remarker Banned

To bad. You missed seeing Rex and Mark on the cross.

#3 Remarker, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  4. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Agree......

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

meh, not that good
    whatever, the SNL one is 1000 times better and the gotye song is like a million times better.

and whomever made it is not a real football fan as Tebow went 8-5 not 8-8.

6. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Great writing....I just disagree with one word, "religious."

On Father's Day, I saw Tim Tebow in person, & I heard him speak. (see 'L.T. retires' thread). Tebow did not come across as a religious fanatic, at all. He just had awesome things to say about loving & taking care of your family, your wife, your kids, etc.

It was a totally upbeat & fun event.

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

On the cross?.....er, that's funny? at the :20 sec. mark, I quit. It was lame. you lame.

8. sg3

sg3 Banned

30 seconds could be a world record

I shut it down 8 seconds in when the guy in the dress who looks nothing like our Timmy shows up

9. Remarker

Remarker Banned

OK OK, the video is not that good. I must have been swayed by how realistic the video portrayed the Jets' fans and the media that unrealistically trash Tim.