Jets expect big things from Mo Wilkerson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

for only playing 50% of the snaps? i'd say thats pretty dominant, yes

2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

That's a good point actually. There are lots of players who would have got a lot more snaps then he did so it's hard to compare. If they really are going to give him closer to 80% of the snaps then his numbers should obviously shoot up as a result.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You're boring. Please, go away.

Please.

4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Throw in the fact that last year we were primarily a 3-4 defense where his job was just to plug gaps and he had a fine year. He was #2 on the DL in tackles, #1 on the DL in Sacks (#4 on the team), #1 on the team (by a large margin) in tackles for loss. I'd say for a rookie with no mini camp playing in a 3-4 focused defense that he had a fine rookie campaign. playing in a 4-3 focused defense it should be an even bigger year.

5. patfanken

patfanken Banned

I guess this what a Jet fan comes up with when they have NOTHING intelligent to say to a legitimate question. NICE :rolleyes:

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

patfanken. Keeping the greater tri-state area safe from unwarranted pre-season optimism since 2007.

7. patfanken

patfanken Banned

That's a better effort. A modicum of wit to make up for the lack of football discussion.

8. Dierking

What's the point of having football discussion? Some snivelling dickless Pats fan is just going to show up and lecture you about how much better his team is.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I don't think Pats fans were doing that after 2010, but hey, lets pretend they have legitimate opinions and know more about our team than we do. :lol:

10. MikeTheJetsFan

As a rookie, he was tied for 4th in the league in Stuffs (tackles for no gain or loss). Only one defensive lineman, Charles Johnson, had more Stuffs than Wilkerson. Is that positive enough for you?

The recent pumping up of Wilkerson by the media and coaches is about 8 months late. Once October rolled around, this guy was an absolute beast for 12 games. You could tell that he had a better understanding of the defense as the year progressed and was out of position a far less amount of time. He always had the strength and athleticism, and I think it was damn impressive what he was able to do last year considering there were no OTAs or Minicamp.

I don't think any of the talk is hype, this guy is legit.

11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

you sound like a fool. i hope you are serious.

did you expect a DE playing in a 3/4 in his rookie year to have a bunch of flashy plays?

12. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Lol are people seriously trying to deny wilkerson had a great rookie year?

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yes, yes they are.

14. patfanken

patfanken Banned

A discussion is what you are desperately trying to avoid. ANSWER the damned questions I posed. How does one show "dominance" in a shorts and T-Shirt Practice? How does an offensive lineman block a rushing defender in a no contact drill? WHY does the Jets coaching staff feel the need to over hype their players constantly?

None of these questions have anything to do with the Pats. What is telling is your avoidance in answering them....or you ability to do so. So far the only thing that's consistent in your posts is your love of the word "dick"

15. patfanken

patfanken Banned

No doubt losing that game was very painful for Pats fans, but unlike Jet fans, its a bit easier to deal with a tough loss, when you have so many great wins to balance them with.

Think about it. That playoff win was probably the 2nd biggest win in Jet HISTORY. Pretty sad when your 2nd biggest win comes in a divisional playoff game.

BTW- While it is eminently fair to use that game as a stick against obnoxious Pats fans, it should be remembered that the Pats used that set back and rebounded to a superbowl appearance, while the Jets took that momentum and fell to an 8-8 record

16. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

He must feel that he has his team & our team locked for wins this year... Sadly anything csan happen and every Pat fan that has come on board is a troll. There might be one Buffulo fan that i can enjoy but they're trolls as well. Dolphins well they dont even swim here except Deathstar and he is ok I guess

17. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Wilk was thrown into the fire last year as a rookie, without even the benefit of a training camp. He played very well; all things considered.

18. Dierking

I think taking down the Raiders in 82 was a bigger win, but not by a whole lot.

19. FrankWhite

FrankWhite New Member

My God how sad are you that you feel the need in June to come and try and make it seem like Jets fans are morons for having optimism for their first round pick of a year ago that had a good rookie year and looks poised to take a big step forward this year?

And this all coming from a Pats fan who posts on the very boards that claim Brian Hoyer is some kind of superstar and the 2nd best qb in the division. Give it a rest.

20. patfanken

patfanken Banned