Will the Jets cut Ramsey?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Aug 21, 2006.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Mr. T and Mangini bought in Ramsey to start in 06' Make no mistake they had buried Pennington and were ready to move on. Chad like a Phoenix has risen from the ashes to reclaim himself as #1 QB of the N.Y. Jets. Clemmens while having great potential needs to be on the sideline and watch and learn. Bollinger has shown that he can be a decent NFL back up. Which brings us to Ramsey. The Jets after signing him ripped up his "old" contract and extended him for another year. I know it's small potatoes in terms of the Cap hit but will Tanny/Mangini be willing to cut Ramsey to keep the best player. Ramsey hasn't been better he's barely even adequate if Bollinger is cut he'll be signed within hours by some other team. He'll never make it to the Practice squad. Please post your opinion.

2. Francis_Cole

Francis_Cole Active Member

Bollinger would be illegible for the practice squad anyway :)

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I agree. As much as I never liked Ramsey I honestly thought he would start and play good enough to leave us 6-10 at the end of the season. I do not think they will cut him though. There is no way they would simply let him go without picking up something for him in return...

4. Lake

Lake New Member

Why? Could they not spell his name? Would he demand it be written in Sanskrit? Would they make Bollinger write left-handed?

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Chad did rise like a Phoenix :up:

6. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

they won't cut him, if there was any doubt then why sign him for one more year.

7. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

How did Chad rise like a Phoenix? He played one game, no td's and fumbled twice.

I wouldn't cut Ramsey

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Chad rose like the lightest turd in the top of the toilet bowl.

Not a Phoenix.

9. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Chad has outplayed Ramsey in TC.It's not even close. Every one who has seen Chad and Ramsey compete has come to the same conclusion that Chad will start.

10. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

That Sphinx!

11. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Unless you NEED the cap money, you do not cut Ramsey in favor of Bollinger. Ramsey is not a great QB, but at least has NFL skills. Bollinger would be a backup in the CFL.

12. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

How? Chad has 2 turnovers, Ramsey 0

Ramsey was part of a TD (key block), Chad 0TD's

Please. I agree, it's not close.

13. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Koz I'm not picking a fight here but what's with the Chad bashing. It's not just you but a good portion of Jet fans hate him or just plain want him gone. Granted he's as brittle as they come. Three injury plagued years haven't helped. When Chad took over from Vinny Montana and him were mentioned in the same breath. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt one last time to bhopefully win us a SB!:beer:

14. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Be serious.

Ramsey didn't do much for that score. Yippee, he threw a block. I'm not picking my QB because of a block. Let's not forget we had the ball on the +22, then he took a delay of game and a sack to cost us a FG try.

15. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Sorry but I just don't have that "feel-good" perception about Chad anymore. I now see him as a brittle QB who had his moment to shine, many years ago. What was once prowess is now mediocrity, and mediocrity can hurt a team.

He didn't impress me in the first preseason game, and I recognize that it's only preseason. Don't get me wrong, I want the guy to succeed, but I'm also a realist. Let's hope that this QB boondoggle is sorted sooner rather than later so that we can focus on our true #1- but if you asked me who of the 4 I'd want starting it wouldn't be Chad.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Who of the 4 would you want starting?

17. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

No way

We don't know how durable Pennington is going to be. Tangini might go with four QBs. Bellichicken did that one season.

18. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

If I'm not mistaken, teams can put 8 players on the practice squad list, and one of those spots are reserved for a QB only. Now, I don't know if there are any restrictions if a players has played a certain amount of time or games in the league, if he is eligable to be placed on the squad or not. I'd like to know though. Bollinger would definitiely be put there though, if you ask me.

19. dennycrumd

dennycrumd New Member

Start Clemens. In all honesty I do not think we are going to have that great of a season, but you can tell a lot of a persons character on how well they do when everything is not going right. If we end up between 4-11 or 6-10 but he shows promise then we draft a RB. If we end up with that record and he stinks up the joint we draft QB.

20. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

dp you want clemens to develop like alex smith got to or like brett favre got to??