17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

ok after reading rows 20-26 are $50 each and 14-19 are $75........if you want to just get in and go to the game and be there than yes buy $50 tickets I would do this just to go and tailgate and have a good time!!

To watch the game I would rather sit in row 1-13 of upper deck and for the price of 105-125 id rather just sit in lower Level.

This is crazy though......If only people bitched like this about a dome we would be going to the game in shorts in December!!

2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Well, I have to admit that when I read this email from the Jets my first thought was "This will certainly change the thread topic from Champ-moaning in a hurry."

At least they are being honest about it rather than dishonestly "hide" by dumping them on StubHub and selling them at lower rates than they do to their own customers.

If this doesn't prove they fucked-up when designing and planning the stadium, what does? What happens when the team sucks? Why are Giants fans so stupid? WTF? THIS PROVES OUR POINT. TERRIBLE UPPER DECK FOR A STATE OF THE ART STADIUM. To try and fill it, they have to charge less than they did years ago at the previous stadium that I suppose was not so state of the art.

The problem has been that by sharing the stadium, the Jets marketed the seats and stadium similar to the Giants even though the consumer demand was not even close to what the Giants was. The pricing and seat locations made more sense to pair with the Giants 100,000 name 40-year wait-list.

3. Jerseyboyisback

I think the giants know it too!! they have yet to raise ticket prices in ANY LOCATION in the stadium after winning a superbowl too! Jets did it after first year!

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

wow!!!! that is truly amazing. i like most expected a price drop, however i never expected it to be to 50 dollars a seat. 85 sure, 75 yeah i could have definitely seen that coming but to see them drop it to 50 is astounding.

it really does show just how poor those seats are from 20 up.

i didnt read the article, did they spin it that they want there to be a seat for everyone or something like that?

5. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Imagine the trash thats gonna be buying those seats.......oh thats right they forced them all out with the PSLs what many have said. :breakdance:

6. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

20 up is why I chose to stay home after 20+ years.

7. LogeSection2RowJ

It was an email sent to STH's, and it was copied here in its entirety.

I already don't like paying more than double for my seats as compared to others not all that far from me. I'll stay where I am though.

The bigger problem is this never-ending merry-go-round of ticket BS that the Jets are behind. When does it end? At least it keeps this thread going strong.

Watch, the next bit of nonsense will be discounted VIP parking, proving that the crap with all the color-coded parking and passes has been totally contrived all along (which I called two years ago)

8. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Discounted ticket prices,free parking, no pre-season how do those feel who invested in PSLs at FULL PRICE for everything. Lets hear it. I knew this would happen and predicted it. Many were in denial and nows it happened. WOW

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

jerseyboy is buying 8 $50 season tickets and will try flipping them for an $8 profit and think its the greatest thing ever

10. Jerseyboyisback

Honestly the resale on all UD is very very low if not break even or take a loss with fees so not worth it!!!

But I am going to try and sell my 8 PSL as a package to someone or just the 4.

I can not see no one wanted section 124 row 7 on the aisle. If I cant sell the PSL for face or close to face than I am just going to sell season to a broker pay the PSL installment price and hope that the jets do better this year and the PSL are more interesting next year!

Or looks like im keeping them for the long haul and ride out 30 years of the jets!!

#14810 Jerseyboyisback, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  11. LogeSection2RowJ

The more I think about it, it seems as though the Jets are seriously concerned about not being sold-out/TV blackouts for the coming season.

Wow. Unlike smaller NFL cities who had to work to sell-out their games in down years (and didn't) the Jets never had that concern. Who would have thought it'd ever be that way here?

The reason is not that they missed the playoffs. It's because this stadium falls far short of expectations and promises, and the fans are gradually realizing it. It does not provide VALUE for the prices charged. It's not more comfortable, it is not easier to get in and out. It is built with too great a percentage of it's regular seating too high up. It offers no shelter for most of its seating for bad weather. It becomes very obvious after attending a couple of games that they made major mistakes by not having enough escalators and ZERO elevator service for non-suite holders. The fans see better accommodations in most other new facilities around the league.

Damn shame, that's what it is.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

So they moved as many current STH to the new $125/$105/$95 price range and then lowered the prices so the current STH would not benefit from the cost reduction, only the newbie. Once again Woody values his customer. BTW, I would not pay $20 to sit in any of those seats and I hope no one does.

Thanks Woody for moving Champ out of the drivers seat.

13. 17a_tailgater

i was kidding... i think it will be very hard to sell them even with the discount

14. Jerseyboyisback

lol true true!! but hey If i had upper deck tickets I would totally move back for half the price from row 8-20 but who knows.

15. 17a_tailgater

you know whats amazing, the new seating price chart is the exact i mean exact replica of the chart that showed me the available seats on may 30th during one of the last days of the sth upgrade process

16. Jerseyboyisback

From an UDer stand point what would you rather have your current seats or move back for less price.

To think 500 bucks for a ticket for a full season no psl no nothing is a nice thought. Go tailgate and get wasted and when your wasted you miss half the game anyway......Just wanted to see the thought of some UDers and what they would do now or rather have?

17. 17a_tailgater

miss the game walking up & down the stairs to row20 or higher u mean.hell id finish my beer and have to piss again bythetime i reached my seat. ill pay $105 and sit in a low row near the 30 than pay $50 in a high row in the corner or end zone

18. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Jets president Neil Glat told the Associated Press that the changes were made to improve the value for season-ticket holders.

"After taking a hard look and having analyzed the 300 level, we are going to adjust the price," Glat told the AP. "We think we can do better in that area for our fans. The goal is to ensure that we have a lot of season ticket holders up there."

Jets owner Woody Johnson guaranteed earlier this month that the Jets will be sold out this season.

"I don't want to be Joe Namath, but I guarantee we'll be sold out," Johnson said when asked about ticket sales.

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

NY Daily News says 12,000 seats are affected :sad:

20. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Oh god I'm such a sucker. I just relocated my seats AGAIN !! I went from 340 row 17 to 343 row 17 closer to 342. The difference is I added a seat and now have 4 which i really couldn't afford before but I'm actually paying less for 4 in 343 then 3 seats in 340.