Are fans going to help push out Sanchez ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by winsalata, Jun 15, 2012.

1. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr New Member

No. Actually the next guy would be McElroy, since he's an actual QB that can throw the ball. And accurately. Like I said. I'm all for the Tebow move and for him helping out the team by contributing and capitalizing on his strengths. And I want him to be succesful. But it just so happens that throwing the ball(completing passes consistently) is the complete opposite of his strengths. It's his biggest weakness. He's a tremendous athlete, not many, if any complete athletes, and personalities like him in any sport, but not many scrambling QB's succeed in this league by doing just that. I believe that this was made obvious towards the end of the regular season where they had trouble winning games. Yes, I agree that scrambling creates opportunities, and it creates a threat to opposing teams, but that's only true when the scrambling QB can also throw the ball with precision, which Tebow can't. And then the other factor comes into play, and that's negative plays:yards lost, interceptions, sacks, fumbles. When the QB moves out of the pocket, the OL can no longer protect him, they don't know where he is, being that their back is turned to him. So like I suggested. Watch some Broncos games and you'll be able to see, with not much effort, where the things that he's good at, are also the things that create the largest amount of issues for the OL. If he was a better passer then I'd be all for Tebow taking over for Sanchez when he's having a bad game, but he's not and that's where my issue lays with Sanchez being taken out for Tebow. That's where McElroy will have more success and will exceed over Tebow. As a pocket QB. Which is what the jets are built to do. Protect the passer while he's inside the pocket. Which is actually what every NFL team is put together to do.

2. EmDiggy

EmDiggy New Member

I'll be interested to see if he comes out with more confidence in this system as opposed to Shotty's system

3. catsigater

catsigater New Member

McElroy is a mediocre QB at best. His ceiling is just slightly below Blaine Gabbert's.

4. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Well shit, I guess I missed the farking memo and the announcements on ESPN and NFLN about Rex being fired and you being named to replace him as Head Coach.

5. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Sanchez finally got what he needed...motivation. For the first time he was affraid he could actually lose his starting roll and he put in the extra work required to be better than average.

If nothing more, getting Tebow was worth the risk, just because he and his following has made Sanchez focused and work harder. Fear is a good motivateor only if renewed regularly, and Tebow followers will remind him every practice, game and event. When he looks over and his backup has all the fans and reporters. Than would makes any player a little humble and even better, motivate him.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

And you konw this how?

7. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Nice post.

8. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

Well there you go. Keep watching espn. That's where all the Tebow bullshit belongs anyway cause I sure as hell don't give a shit about him, or espn, or anyone on ESPN that tries to start the "QB Contraversy" that doesn't exist cause Tebow can scratch Sanchez's balls at best after a long day at camp. I guess that's the same network that Skip "can suck a dick, biggest Tebow groupie" Bayless is on and made a comment like "this is bad, for Mark Sanchez, by mid season he will crumble under the pressure of Having Tim Tebow waiting in the wings..... And all he'll do is win..." LMFAO. Is that homo serious. I enjoyed the look on Steven A. Smith's face as Gayless made a fool of him self. I guess he forgot that Tebow didn't win shit once teams actually had time and enough film to study him. So yeah. Keep watching ESPN along with all the other Tebow groupies, cause that's the only place your beloved Timmie will ever be a "starting quarterback". In the minds of ESPN so called "analysts" and recent so called jets fans, "312ers", such as yourself. Dream on groupie, dream on.

9. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

JetsFan said it. All Tebow will ever be is a pawn used for media attention and motivation for Sanchez. Great move by the Jets. Worst possible thing for Teblows QB career. Nuff said

10. catsigater

catsigater New Member

You may be right. I would've preferred seeing him go to a team like Pittsburgh. No QB controversy, he gets a chance to sit and develop in a system that plays to his skill-set.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tebow is #2 on the depth chart at QB for a couple of reasons:

1. He wouldn't have come to the Jets to be #3.

2. If he's listed as 3rd QB and enters the game without one of the other two guys on the field with him then neither of them can re-enter the game unless he is injured.

So if the Jets want to use Tebow as wildcat QB then he either has to be the #2 QB or Mark Sanchez has to stay on the field for all the wildcat snaps or he has to be listed primarily at another position on the roster. Brad Smith was a WR.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The 3rd qb rule was lifted with the new cba

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Ah, good to know. Then it's the first item. Tebow wouldn't have come to NY to be a #3 QB and one-trick pony. Elway wouldn't have been able to trade him here if that was how it was presented.

It's just amazing how little thought went into this on the Jet's side. It may all work out in the end but bringing an unstable QB with lots of open-ended questions about his ability into an unstable QB situation with lots of open-ended questions about the incumbent's ability was about as crazy as it gets. It was like signing an egg back there to backup an egg back there.

14. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

"The only thing scarier than a man with something to prove to the world is a man with something to prove to himself."

15. kellypkjoe

kellypkjoe New Member

i guess if 3=12 you want Tebow to be the QB!!!!!

16. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Tthe more you talk, the more your ignorance is on display.

Are you even somewhat familiar with a guy named Rex Ryan ? You know, the actual FRAKKING HEAD COACH of the NY JETS ? The guy who ultimately decides who is where on the depth charts ? HE has stated that Tebow is the BACKUP QB.

Has nothing to do with Bayless or anyone else.

Now, unless the Jets have made a coaching change and YOU have taken over the job, who YOU think the backup QB should be really doesn't frakking matter.

If any of this confuses you, let me know and I'll see if I can make it even simpler for you.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I would be inclined to think that McElroy would be better as the backup. And not because we have seen a great deal from him. It's more that we have seen too much from Tebow.

18. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

The one thing Schotty was capable of was developing young QB's. Everyone remember Drew Brees? Now, I'm a believer that as soon as the "developed" QB leaves Schotty, they flourish. I think the same thing will happen with Sanchez this year. If Sanchez has an average season I think we still keep him as a starter. However, if it is below average then I think we could see a transition to Tebow.

19. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

I guess you just don't get it. And by the way. Rex Ryan is my uncle. Lmfao. What does knowing RR have to do with anything. And so you know. I do know RR. I've met him plenty of times since I like 10 min away from where te Jets host their mini camp. And this is also why I can say that mcElroy is a better back up then TEbow. I've seen both of them in person, and McElroy is a better QB. Is he a better overall athlete. No. And that's why Im all for Tebow getting his shine, but what you don't get is that he's not a NFL QB. We saw what he can do. We also saw what he CAN'T DO once teams figured him out. So go ahead and ask me if "I know RR, or if in the new coach" again. And I'll tell you the same thing I just told you cause I'm "Ignorant". Or so can actually go to a practice yoursf and see that McElroy is a better "traditional pocket QB" just like I've been saying, for yourself. That is if you can actually get to a jets camp to do just that. In Tebow you "believe" and for him you are "excited" I get it.

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I quit reading after you said you enjoyed Stephen A-hole Smith.