LT Retires

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Jun 17, 2012.

1. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8062895/san-diego-chargers-re-sign-ladainian-tomlinson-retire

One of my all-time favorites; he was great the past two seasons. Wish we could've gotten him a ring.

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I wish he did not trash the Jets after the season, it left a bad taste in my mouth so now I don't wish him good luck and appreciate his time with the Jets. He was a pussy with the Chargers, especially during the playoffs.

3. Drew

Drew Active Member

One of my favorite players growing up.. I'll always have love for him. He wasn't great here but no one expected him to be. A class act.

And as far as the stuff he said after the season, I can't blame him, it's not like he said things that were untrue. He was just telling it like it is.

4. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

A bit flashier but very much a Martin-like career. I think he had more flashes of greatness than Martin but of course Curtis had the quiet consistency. Both class acts, both fell a little short of earning a ring. I loved LT as a Charger and even though his better days were well behind him, I thought he was a serviceable Jet. Especially year one. He'll have his nice couple years of down time before he's Canton-bound.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

LT was much more dynamic than Martin. I'd put him right there on the edge of first ballot HOF'r. I think he goes first ballot, wouldn't be shocked if he had to wait one year like Martin though. I never thought Martin was first ballot.

6. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

7. sg3

sg3 Banned

one of the best RBs in NFL history

and nice of the Chargers to bring him back for a day, hopefully for a nice ceremony and tribute

8. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

What a slap in the face! :breakdance:

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Great RB. Enjoyed the few years we had him on the Jets, especially in 2010.

10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

always liked him,im glad we got to see him as a jet for a couple of years.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Best of luck LT thanks for everything !

12. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

13. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Class act, would've enjoyed one more year out of him. I guess we don't need him now that Tebow is our runner. :rolleyes:

14. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Would have been the icing on the cake if we could have got the SB ring when he was here.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The guy didn't say anything that wasn't true. That's not trashing the Jets, not his fault the truth hurts.

Very true. I remember he was devastated when the Jets lost to the Steelers in the AFCG in 2010 seeing as how the SB was in Dallas and he was a native to the area. Yet another reason it was such a shame they couldn't get over the hump that year.

16. cassie96

cassie96 Member

You are confused. Watch the films of his career that are all over the media. LT is TOTALLY full of class. He is humble, he is funny & he is honest.

As Tim Tebow said at the Father's Day Celebration, (paraphrase), "None of us know if we will be here until we are 90 yrs old, or 45 years old, or 38 yrs old...so "Finish Strong" with your wife and your kids, as a dad, with the time that you have on this earth."

LaDainian Tomlinson has a beautiful family. LT has already had a stellar NFL career...and now he is going to use the time that he has left on the planet, to be a good dad, husband, son.....AND coach of kids inspiring to play football.

So do your research first, before you slam someone else's work history. Get it??!!

17. GATA

GATA Member

[YOUTUBE]cRVwYIvvvaU[/YOUTUBE]
    You have to appreciate the guy ... Thanks LT

18. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr New Member

I'm glad I got to see him in a Jets uniform. One of my favorite players all around, always performed well and completed his assignments when asked to do so. I was always a big fan of his and I'm happy I got the chance to own a Jets Tomlinson jersey. Wish we could have made his career complete by getting him a ring. Non the less a first ballot HOFer in my mind. Wish him well and all the best.

19. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Agree same here on the LT jersey, like my Favre.

20. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr New Member

^yup. Got myself a #4 Jets jersey as well. Lol