Bruschi talks Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by GreenMachine, Jun 8, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Bruschi has been very fair with his analysis of the Jets.

2. iPlayiBall

iPlayiBall New Member

A few weeks ago Bruschi actually said he hates the Jets on-air. I know every "analyst" has their faves but to actually say you hate a team while giving "analysis" contradicts any notion of being fair.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Bruschi admitted to hating the Jets on the ESPN morning show first take . Great non bias analyst!

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

Disagree about his fairness

There is nothing less fair than enduring him and his fellow ESPN "analyst " McGinest discussing the Jets

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

#24 sg3, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  5. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

I don't know, it's entirely possible to "hate" someone or something yet still be pretty objective about them. "Hate" is emotionally while "analysis" is objective and rational. True, for some/many, their emotions will often influence their objectivity, but that's not the case for everyone.

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Tedy everytime I see your BS on tv I can't help but think of that Billy Squier song.....

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter what he says!

This thing is media-driven, all of it. It doesn't matter how and what Tebow says, there still will be a "controversy" because reporters want and need this controversy, they'll create it regardless of what's really happenning.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Have you guys paid attention to a single thing Bruschi has said about the Jets prior to this year? He's been more than fair. Stop being so butthurt whenever someone says something you don't want to hear about the Jets.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'll concur. I hated him on the football field but he has suprised me by being very fair and reasonable/knowledgable to the Jets as a talking head. I appreciate his opinion.

10. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

First of all, dude isn't seeking the media, media seeks him. He can't even take a crap without someone tweeting about it, which has got to suck for him in a way. But of course he wants to be the starter, and there's nothing wrong with that. Every back-up in the league says they want to start, and no one bats an eye. But because this is Tebow people get their panties in a wad. He's a competitor and will not accept anything less than the best he can do and the best from others. It doesn't lessen Sanchez impact to have a strong leader on the team that takes away attention. It's probably a good thing. Bruchi needs to shut his trap. He's a PAT.

11. TheMoops

TheMoops New Member

So what if Tebow wants to start?! I would rather have 53 guys who compete hard every day to start. Then dudes content to ride the bench. Read Tebow's book. The kid was not raised to ride the bench. Cmpeting has been instilled since Day One.

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Why is the NFL Network filled with a bunch of ex Patriots that bash the Jets? Did you hear Heath Evans talk about the Jets?

13. reverseapachemaster

Tebow also doesn't shy away from it.

While I can appreciate the position that Tebow should have the attitude that he wants to start, it's poor form to be part of a team and intentionally create controversy and division. He has been in front of cameras and reporters long enough to know what he says will be scrutinized and attributed to his relationship with the team. He should at least take some pro-team positions rather than always pro-Tebow. It's part of playing on a team, which apparently he knows enough about that since he's been a proven winner since before conception or whatever people are saying about him now.

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well if the jets would win a dang SB than we could balance out the "ex" numbers a bit.

but until then its ex-pats TV.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Bruschi's right about Tebow not taking the spotlight but he's misunderstanding what's going on at this point. Tim Tebow couldn't avoid the spotlight if he tried. I believe he has cultivated the celebrity over the years and has reached the point that he and his agents wanted to reach: Tim Tebow is a household name and there is always going to be interest in stuff that is written about him and endorsements and all that.

There really is nothing that Tebow can do at this point other than to be careful about what he talks about and how he expresses the obvious facts in the situation.

There's no question that Tim Tebow wants to start at QB for the Jets. Every backup wants to start and only a few are in the hopeless position of backing up Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. What's important is how Tebow presents that basic fact to the media. If he looks like he's angling hard for the starting job there will be waves. On the other hand if he presents himself as he is doing at the moment, as a guy who is looking to get better every day, then the impact is muted a lot.

There's no question that Tebow is more widely popular in the Jets locker room right now as a person than Mark Sanchez has been in his three year career with the Jets. There are a lot of factors involved in that, few of them performance related, however that is a basic fact. Tebow is popular because he's a funny guy with a self-deprecating sense of humor and because he reaches out to people all over the place and tries to make connections. Sanchez is more insular and more likely to just connect with the guys on his side of the ball. That's just what it is.

Again, how Tebow handles this will be a huge factor in whether the locker room gets really tense if there are stumbles early on next season. So far he's handling it well.

The basic idea that Tebow should just shut up and step back into the shadows isn't valid because there's no way for him to do that and remain Tim Tebow. That's what the Jets signed up for and hopefully they thread the needle and it all works.

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I agree with u but I think some of u are missing the point. There not a Damn thing wrong with Tebow thinking and wanting to be the starter but he doesn't have to add fuel to the fire by saying in every interview that he competing with Sanchez. He makes it sound like he competing for the starter job when in fact he not. If he was a good team mate he would just keep his mouth shut on that and only talk about his role on the team not the role he wants.

#37 #1 Jets Fan, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
  18. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I agree that maybe he could do a little more to curb the media. But he's proven over the years that he is a team guy. If he wasn't about the team he wouldn't be a punt protector I'm sure.

Per ESPN.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – Former New England Patriots linebacker and current ESPN analyst Tedy Bruschi had a message for Tim Tebow: Just shut up.

But the New York Jets backup quarterback had a simple response to Bruschi Wednesday when meeting with the media: He follows instructions.

"To be honest, I just do what I'm told -- and this day to talk to (reporters), so I'm gonna talk to you," Tebow said to the New York media after Day 2 of minicamp. "And to be honest, I just go about it however the Jets set it up -- the rules that they want us to (follow), who they want us to talk to, who they don't want us to talk to."

We're siding with Tebow on this one.

Tebow is not asking for this media attention. It simply follows him because of who he is. The "Patriot Way" that Bruschi is accustomed to does not apply for every team. Tebow plays for the Jets and follows their protocol.

So far, Tebow has said and done all the right things. If people want to hear Tebow speak and he’s not hurting the team, there's no harm in it.

19. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

There no way a back up can tell a coach what he going to do. Plus if he did that he would look bad to his teammates and the media.

20. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

It's hilarious the way Tebow smiles, winks and smacks critics around, all the while being as nice as can be about it.

Reminds me of when corrected/smacked Shannon Sharpe as to what the QBs job was. :)