Best Jet in the 1990's???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin is the man, Jun 10, 2012.

?

Who is the best Jets in the 1990s?

1. Mo Lewis

29 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. Wayne Chrebet

51 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. Keyshawn Johnson

7 vote(s)
    7.2%
  4. Vinny Testaverde

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  5. Another Player, please state who

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. sg3

sg3 Banned

no question

wayne

by a landslide

2. Keyshawn and the Jets needed each other.Outside of 1 season in Tampa he was never the same player after he left.The New York market & cold weather fit him well.Likewise, Jets have been looking for that physical basketball type on the outside since he left.Outside of 2 years with a healthy Braylon, their offense has been starving for that element.

3. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

We have him now. His name is Stephen Hill.

4. I don't wanna make any predictions for the kid..but Vinny saying that Hill reminded him of a faster Keyshawn was really exciting to hear.

5. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Wayne

I'll never forgive Mo Lewis. He is the reason Tom Brady exists

6. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Affects too many players. Kind of sad to see someone hang on or stretching their career because they know its the last chance to earn that kind of salary ... at the same time that era's young generation now linking him to lower production and using it to evaluate entire career.

==
    I think Mo Lewis is the best Jet from the 90s but when it comes to influence on the team's success Vinny would take a back seat to no one. Jets went up/down with him.

#46 ajax, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  7. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Mo Lewis. He was arguably the best player on our defense (and some years our entire team) for his entire stay here. Even in his final years (which don't count towards this poll anyway) he took a back seat only to Ellis and Abraham.

Aaron Glenn is second only to Mo. The Jets had one of the best secondaries in the league with Glenn, Coleman, Smith, and Green. Without Glenn that secondary is nothing special at all. We never recovered from losing Glenn until we got Revis.

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I completely agree. Keyshawn kind of fucked himself forcing a trade. Glad for him he got a ring, especially at the Raiders expense who beat us, but had he stayed we'd all have been better off. He thrived on New York, I was surprised he wanted out.

We haven't been the same in the red zone since, except as you mentioned with Braylon and to a smaller degree Plaxico last year but with him only in the red zone.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He didn't really want out, he wanted to get paid.

10. Italian Seafood

Yes, but in doing so forced his way out. I don't think the Jets wanted to get rid of him even for a #1 pick, since they used the overall #1 to get him and he was living up to it.

11. Their was alot of speculation that Key & Groh didn't get along even prior to him getting the HC gig.How often they actually interacted is up for debate.

12. Italian Seafood

I remember hearing that, not saying one side was all to blame, I'm sure it went both ways. My point--and yours, I think--is that neither side acted in the best interests of the Jets. It was about egos or money or whatever, but the best thing for Keyshawn and the Jets would have been to stay.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I don't know that it wasn't the best thing for Keyshawn. He got paid AND won a SB.

14. Italian Seafood

I mean in terms of his being a more productive WR throughout his career. It wasn't all bad, but he clashed with Gruden in Tampa, got exiled, ended up as more of a journeyman that a great WR #1 overall pick. He wasn't a bust or a bum, but I think the move from the Jets kept him from greatness.

Think if he had two more years with Vinny (before the Dallas Vinny) then was around when Pennington first came along pre-rotator cuff. Our 2002 and 2004 seasons could have ended up much better than they did with that weapon out there.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

but remember if we don't trade him we don't have 2 extra 1st rd picks and likely don't get Chad and possibly Abe or Ellis.

16. Italian Seafood

Yes, it all could have gone differently, maybe we don't draft Becht.

Funny part is we got two #1s for Keyshawn and one for Belichick. Imagine that--exactly why I don't like giving up proven anything for draft picks, it's the complete unknown.