Joe Namath, Still the f*****g man.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dirty6Sanchez, Jun 7, 2012.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I do think JWN wanted to be a coach or GM. JWN is just like U & I on this board he just giving his HOs of what he sees he wants to improve on the team. FYI I am totally on board with his feelings of RR in his case in today's NFL the train left the station leaving RR way behind :jets:

2. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

He was right on some things and completely wrong on others. For instance, if he were accurate, he would have laid more blame on Sanchez as opposed to the offense as a whole. Instead he goes and criticizes the entire offensive unit from top-to-bottom, when in reality almost everything stops and ends with QB play.

Also, Rex's mouth should be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. You want to talk about pettiness, talk about those people that get offended by Rex's 'guarantees' and 'trash talk'. Screw being a fucking robot, have some fun and don't give a fuck about what other people say.

3. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

No, not really. If you invited me to your house, I wouldn't go on the radio and tell the world how screwed up your living room furniture was, how your drapes didn't match the throw pillows... I'd say what a gracious host you were, how the dinner was fantastic, love to do it again. :) Having an opinion and sharing it are not the same thing. Like these message boards, it's ok to skip a thought now and then. ;)

I haven't heard his RR comments, I'm guessing they have to do with the outdated G&P game Rex loves. On that I would agree with Joe. :)

4. championjets69

Who knows if he is not on the this board just like U & I. Also I am sure if you wanted to diss me after being at my house U would surely do so to your friend & family :sad:

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

joe is genuine if nothing else. he tells you what is on his mind.

great gesture, great post carl.

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^
    bwaaaahh!....aw, poor widdle baby.

Sorry you disengenuous little fraud but I gotta call you on this one: here you are, a repeatedly banned little psycho whose M.O. from day one on TGG has never been about contributing to or advancing an exchange (however contentious), but instead was usually about 'jumping ugly' on someone for no other reason than to play the little scumbag instigator chirping from the peanut gallery role. While I'm no prize myself, props nevertheless to the mods who saw you and those other twerps such as your douchebag TV critic pal (Mr.E-TV) for who you really were.

quote: "He said mean things...."

lol

#66 joe, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  7. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

Well said Champ! GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!

8. championjets69

Thank U! :sad:

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

"I hate Joe because he's not as much of a rose colored glasses wearing homer as I am!"

10. Steelersrule

Steelersrule Member

Joe saved the AFL and the NFL ...........glad I was old enough to have watched SB III.
    He get's paid for his opinions not to pacify fans.........

11. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

Joe Namath has always been Joe Namath, most of us weren't alive during the time where he had the good looks with the Rex Ryan swagger to match. He was instrumental in bringing the JETS organization to glory and than proceeded to watch us stink it up for 40 years. Although sometimes I do not agree with his opinions the guy has the right to say what he wants and is always consistent in his criticisms.

That being said I met Namath at a retired jet get together a few years back. My best friend is the grandson of Sam Deluca, a retired NYJ (lineman with the team for the late 60'S) and color analyst. I was able to get a bunch of signatures from all of the players there but I noticed that Namath would only sign memorabilia if it was along with other Jet alums (People were trying to get him to sign balls with only his signature but he denied). That being said he was actually a very nice and personable guy and extremely knowledgeable when it came to the game of football.

Unfortunately my buddies Grandfather (Sam Deluca) succumbed to pancreatic cancer last year. At the funeral Namath not only showed up and sent the most amazing flower arrangement (NYJ Green and white in the shape Mr. Delucas playing number), he also brought over playing cards from Delucas days as a jet as well as the old school coke caps that had the top 12 AFL players face and name etched inside the cap. In addition to this he had a photo of Mr. Deluca blown up and signed it and dedicated it to my friends entire family. Say what you want about the guy but his heart showed to me on that day.

btw shout out to Rex Ryan, he also was kind enough to stop by and deliver a photo which he signed and sent his condolences to his family.

Sometimes people put on a persona for the media and fans, but it doesn't always define who they are as a human being. Ill always respect Namath for what he did for my best friends family, as well as Rex Ryan for their kindness and compassion during that time. Life is bigger than football.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing that. What a great post.

Not only is Joe generous and thoughtful for all that he did for the DeLuca family, I liked reading the fact that he'd only autograph items signed by the other players. That not only shows humility, but it shows respect for his teammates who he didn't want ignored when it came to autograph time. He didn't want it to be about Joe, he wanted it to be about the team. It was a Super Bowl Jets TEAM appearance - one that he wouldn't miss for the world 'cause he never does.

I've read many stories like this one, so it's all true about our Joe. (I have a personally autographed Namath baseball hat, wishing ME a happy birthday that a Giant-fan friend of mine got from Joe when he met him at golf outing the day before my birthday.) You could not find a bigger sports celebrity from that era who's as giving and gracious towards the fans than Joe Willie. I hope he criticizes the Jets on the air for 30 more years. I know that no one loves the team and wants them back in the SB more than he does. I could care less what he says about our current players.