Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

Great episode. I'm sure we will know next season, but confused about Winterfell.
    Did Greyjoy get turned over to Stark soldiers?
    Couldn't the young Stark boys just travel with Rob's soldiers?

2. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Winterfell is no more.

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Didn't someone say that Winterfell was surrounded by 500 stark soldiers, where did they go? The House of the undying was much to do about nothing. That entire storyline, minus the dragons, is pretty bad. Surprised Tyrion got totally disregarded on his part in the battle of black water. Surprised Sansa didn't go back north with the hound, idiot. White walkers should have killed Sam. How the fuck sam is still alive is beyond recognition.

Stannis is my favorite character. He is like darth vader, no fear, sliver of good.

Almost lost interest in this show if it wasn't for black water bay battle. I hope next season they get back on track with the strategy and game of thrones. I would watch true blood if I was into the drama and relationship crap. Give me war and strategy!

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i want to see some of this pelt
    [​IMG]

5. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Roose Bolton sent his bastard who was in the north already at the Dreadfort to Winterfell to re-take it so that's who the soldiers were.

As for what happened I guess we won't really find out until next season.

6. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

save for the lesbian scenes, this show is super fucking boring

7. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

So why watch?

Loved the finale, but a couple of things seemed a bit rushed, like the Jon--Halfhand story and the Dragon rescue.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

9. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Dat White Walker!

10. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Season finale was a little lacklustre. The house of the undying was poor, and the prophesy which is very important was just left out completely. However the white walkers were badass.

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Obviously this series isn't for everyone but all I'll say is book 3 of aSoIaF is my favorite book of all time. The next two seasons (both comprise book 3) are going to be epic.

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19257655/game-of-thrones-writer-a-big-football-fan-thinks-jets-took-a-step-back

13. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

^Kind of encouraging that he says "I have to have the next book out in less than five years". Lets hope the publishers/HBO keep him true to his word.

And he's a Jets AND Giants fan... if you're a fan of both you're a fan of neither.

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

thats so cool Kris Kristofferson is gonna be on Game of thrones

15. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Yeah I didn't get that either. If it was soldiers from the north why did they burn Winterfell and kill the people? Did the Greyjoy's do that before they brought Theon out? If so, why? Wouldn't that make the soldiers from the north want to kill them as well? Unless it was a sort of "we're not going to leave shelter for our enemies to use" kind of thing then it really doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Even then: which enemies? The Greyjoys? They obviously showed they didn't have any intentions of holding Winterfell or they would have sent more support when they initially captured it. The only other explanation is that the soldiers that were sent to Winterfell maybe aren't as loyal to the King of the North as we think.

My feelings on the other areas:
    -Kind of glad the Qarth stuff is finished. Interested to see what they do next now that they can get some money to buy a ship.
    -Sansa is stupid for not leaving with either the Dog or with Littlefinger, what's her end game?
    -I kind of wished Arya went with The Man (he's so badass) and learned his ways and came back later as some crazy killing machine. Where's she going to go now? Meet up with Rob? Burned down Winterfell? The Wall?
    -I don't understand how Stannis escaped Blackwater Bay seeing as he was on the ramparts of King's Landing when Tywin and co. showed up. It was Lannisters inside the castle and outside.
    -Joffrey's still a bitch. I dont' understand why Tyrion is just an outcast now, I get that Cerces hates him but even his father must see the value that Tryion had and how he's much more valuable than she is
    -I liked the stuff north of the wall, seems like John will have an in with the wildlings now and seems like the white walkers were marching on the wall, both of which are pretty interesting.
    -I wonder what's going to happen now that Rob married that chick instead of who he was supposed to. Probably doesn't bode well.

Overall I thought the ending was good but episode 9 was way better, IMO. Kind of raises a lot more questions than it answers, which was probably the intention to keep people interested for season three...which I am. Very. So mission accomplished.

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I saw this and thought it was interesting. The Iron Throne is for sale!

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Didn't understand why they showed Stannis being captured if he wasn't.

Also, seems to me the wildlings were far too easy to fool.

18. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I'd rather have "Chairy" from Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

[​IMG]

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I believe that was his own men taking him away. He was screaming because he didn't want to retreat and lose the battle.

20. BonScott

BonScott Active Member