Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Uh so yeah...watch the season finale...Got word its going to be ending in one fucking awesome way

2. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

Its actually right on track. Tywin had to choose what to do. Go to Kings Landing to fight Stannis or fight Robb Stark. If you read the book, we only knew that Tywin left Harrenhall (Arya Chapter) but we didnt know where he went. Then he showed up during the battle of Blackwater Bay with Renly's Ghost (the guy with a stag helm on the episode) That's when we figured out that he picked Stannis over Robb.

3. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Shit was skrate ill.

I watched it last night, after many memorial day beers, so I guess I'll watch it again tonight to fill in the blanks. lol.

4. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Ok, I wasn't sure if I was right about that. I do remember what is coming on Robb's storyline, but couldn't remember where it intersected with Tywin's leaving for King's Landing.

I really got to read them again. It's been 6-7 years now. I've read a ton of other stuff since.

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Just watched it last night. That was epic. wow, Stannis was bad ass, Tyrion was bad ass. I liked the scene with the dog having flash backs of when the Targaryen's fell. I'm looking forward to watching it again tonight. Holy dragon fire! Never saw that coming.

Edit: Does the Kings guard always turn on the king and his subjects. The Kings guard are the least loyal knights in the realm.

#885 JetsVilma28, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  6. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

"Those are brave men knocking at your door...Lets go kill them!" :rofl:

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Stannis is the fucking man...He was the first to go into the water, lead the men onto Kings Landing, go up the ladder first, kill the first man, He was straight gangsta...

The Hound with the quotes of the night:

'If anyone dies with a clean sword, I will rape their corpse'

'Fuck the kingsguard, fuck the city, fuck the king'

8. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Did anyone else find it tough to pick a side? Obviously, you want to see the Lannisters go down but it's impossible to root against Tyrion and Bronn. Even the Hound has some redeeming qualities. And Stannis is kind of badass. Starting to like him more and more each week.

I expect the finale to be a very "busy" episode as we have to catch up with Jon Snow, Arya, Robb Stark, Catelyn Stark and Danaerys Targaeryen.

9. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

If there was nothing else good about last night's episode, it still would have been great just for those lines! I love how Joffrey didn't even know how to react!

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

That was such a great episode. Great action, great lines. We didn't see much outside of what was happening at Kings Landing but there was so much going on it filled the time. I assume the next episode will focus a lot more on all the other parts of Westeros and wrap things up there.

I assume Tyrion survived his slash, if not I'll be pissed because he rules. btw, who was the guy that attacked him? I wasn't really paying attention at the time, I thought it was one of Stannis' guys, but it obviously wasn't when I thought about it later. I was going to re-watch it but if someone can just tell me that'd be good too.

11. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

^It was a member of the Kings guard one of Jofferys right hand men. I expect Tyrion to recover since he is one of the best characters on the show. I expect him to cut off more than this kings guard man's manhood once he recovers.

It's funny how the kings guard turns on the king as soon as they think the city has fallen (not much of a loyal knight). Jaime Lannister did it to the "mad king." As soon as the dog had his flash back he exited the battle and his position as a member of the guard. Finally, whoever it was that slashed Tyrion saw the oncoming wave of Stannis' army and most have thought the battle was lost. I think there was a scene in a previous episode where that guardsman made a notion that he would like to kill Tyrion (i'm pretty sure).

#891 JetsVilma28, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Tyrion should survive.

Slight spoiler, but according to the wiki, he's alive in the most recent book. So that should be a good sign.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The Hound was like they playing with fire out there...Im out, peace bitches!

That guy that swiped at Tyrion was of the Kingsguard...if I can remember, obviously they turned on Tyrion because someone told them to. They wont do it just because they felt like it.

Next week will be very busy...ALSO, its being clocked in at 74 minutes! that means we are getting almost 65 minutes of actual show

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

A bit more spoiler regarding Tyrion...

In the book on that scene he gets his nose cut off or something along those lines...Kind of hard to pull that off and make the leading character walk around with half a nose, so they probably will make him scarface

15. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Ah okay. I wonder what the significance of the betrayal was, though. Like, why did he do it? Did he do it just because he didn't like Tyrion or was he ordered to kill Tyrion during the battle so it just looks like he got killed by Stannis' men? Who ordered it? Joffrey? Cerces? (safe bet) Could be an interesting storyline now that the battle is over and they won, he's obviously going to have questions about it.

You're right on the King's Guard. Not very loyal at all. I don't know much about the "Mad King" but I don't think they were unjustified in killing him as the name implies he probably wasn't the best king. They were okay under Robert, who seemed a decent king. I don't really blame them for not wanting to die for Joffrey...he's kind of a douche.

16. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

Spoilers - if you want to read the 2nd book which the 2nd season is based on, dont read below.

The Kings Guard is supposed to be very loyal to the King and the king only. They are supposed to die with their king. The best and most honorable Kings Guard was Ser Barristan Selmy (the old guy they "fired" in season 1 when Jeoffrey became king.)

In the book, there was more to that betrayal than what everyone saw. I don't remember exactly but I think that guard was ser Merril Trant or Boros Blount - both were one of Cersei's closest kings guard. Though the book never mentioned Cersei giving the order, it definitely gave hints that they were ordered to kill the Imp when they get the chance.

As for the hound, he never wanted to be a Kings guard, he didn't accept when Cersei made him one but he was forced to at least wear the armor. In the book, he always complained about wearing the white cloak and every time someone mentions the kings guard, he always says that he is not one of them.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

That season finale of GOT...

[​IMG]

18. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Kind of an odd way to end the season. Last week was like a season finale and this was like the first episode of the next season.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The book also had the battle of blackwater first and ended with something else.

But yeah eps 9 of each season has been the big ending

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I kind of felt the same way... if it had gone the other way about (ep 9 after ep 10) it would have made for a more dramatic ending. Season ends with yet again - DRAGONS!!

Good episode though and no real cliff-hangars. Every story line neatly boxed and shelved for another few months.

#900 Jetzz, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012