NY JETS Media, Who to read / Who to ignore?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ajitator, May 31, 2012.

1. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

What are the sites / beat writers / "journalists" / Twatters that you guys on here follow?

I'm sick of reading Manish / Dick C's crap and Hubbuch is a tool.

After the latest asinine interview, ( link below ), I can't wait for this to be turned into 50 articles on how Revis is going to be a no-show at camp.

http://bart-hubbuch.posterous.com/revis-gets-testy-about-camp-status

Sites I frequent:
    The Jets Blog
    Jets Rant ( Sometimes good info )

People I follow:
    Chris Nimbley ‏@cnimbley
    Robert Nacaro @Nacarano
    Jake Steinberg @Steiny31 ( TJB writer )

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

Nimbley and Steinberg are great...

Everything Mehta writes is about Tebow. Ive stopped reading his shit a little while ago.

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Between this site and *******************, I get everything I need, as all of the tweets/articles etc are posted.

Edit- Why is the site that I mentioned blacked out?

4. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Mehta's click this and click this to read the story is getting really lame.

Just me?

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

If you have to ask...

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I don't run the site, I don't have an ownership interest in it, and it's been about months since there were any problems associated on either end. Are things still so petty that it will forever be one of the "forbidden" words?

7. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

I told him that and stopped following him when he continued to post to his Splam page or whatever the hell it is that tracks how popular he is... /laugh

8. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Yep. I did the same thing. He started out great, then turned into Mini-Cimini

....and the fucking guy is in LOVE with Tebow.

9. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Mini-rant:

How the Hell do these guys get up in the morning with pride?

I'd love to talk to some players off the record - but, you gotta believe that Revis and most players think Cimini is a freaking DOUCHE!

So, if I'm Cimini, I have to get up in the morning and go into a locker room of Men who all look at me like I'm a panzy ass Douche? That's My Life?

No thanks - I have more respect for the Bloggers and Draftnicks who work their tails off at knowing the Draft players and FOOTBALL instead of living the life as an NFL TMZ or National enquirer freaking Paparazzi Schmuck.....

These guys at one point must have chosen this career for the love of SPORTS - But, somwhere along the line, the job description changed and being the next Mike Florio is where the money and accolades lie.... Florio made his career tweaking fans and creating traffic based off crap and now Manish and Cimini follow suite.

"anonymous Sources" PLEASE!!!! Any one of us can be a douche and walk into a losing locker room after the season and get players like Cromartie to walk right into leading questions and get a "Blockbuster Story" to make a name for ourselves - you really think you pull that crap "For the fans"????? Ha - no way - You pull that crap to further your career and get a pat on the back from the other panzy beat writers.....

IMO, the Beat writer and the reporter who really reports the news is a dying breed - What we are left is the beat writer who needs to BE THE NEWS!!!!!!!!

Bunch of Crap.....

I guarantee you Revis and a line of other would love nothing more than to tie Cimini to a Tackling Dummy and Beat the Shit out of him....But, this Douche bag lives with it every day and enters a room where, make no mistake about it DICK, every one in that room thinks you're a Schmuck.

While I'm at it - I think the tweet was deleted but, how about Hubbuch tweeting in March how the beat guys need to study up on the draft - AND THEN A FUCKING MONTH LATER THEY GIVE OUT GRADES!!!!!!!!

LOL... Are you shitting me????? These guys are clueless.... They give grades out based on what???? Some concensus of what they read in the past month????? Non of these fruit cakes had Coples on their radar and I love it - the Jets lead them around like dogs and fed them mis-information the whole time as they acted as if they knew anything.... Then they give mediocre grades because they were WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

ME.... I could never be a "good" beat Writer - I'd never want to be in a room like that where I wasn't wanted or respected - It would ruin my sleep and it would ruin my love of Sports and FOOTBALL to know I was the DICK HEAD of the local team...

In 2010 on the way to the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME Cimini was Douche all year and then all of a sudden after each playoff win it was as if he was the Head Cheerleader and I called him out on it.... You can't crap on a team and players all year and then sit back and write about a team like you played a part in it....

After the Patriots win, Dick's story should have been about how WRONG he was all year and sorry for being a Douche.... But, nope, he rode the wave and the broke out all the stories in 2011 when it didn't go as well - the same fucking "locker room issue" stories and Team bonding stories that blew up in his face the 2 years prior NOW became relevant to him...

Douche - Cimini - Manish, Hubbuch.... Gary Myers??? WTF And I'll throw in that little weasel Adam Schein - Clueless morons.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Thats what I thought too, but apparently it will be. I guess it is what it is Koz.

11. WiscJets

WiscJets Member

Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger... Best looking Js reporter. Give her mani meheta whatevers job.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The asterisked site would not even exist if Petrozza had "blacked out" words like faggot, motherfucker and asshole long ago as I suggested.

13. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Censoring the people who left partially because they felt censored... was going to keep them here?

and KOZ, if you'd like to hear the story of what happened that's quite different from the version you've probably received, lemme know.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If it was done when it could have/should have been done circa 2007 Mr. Electric never would have become the nut he became. I did not offer the suggestion in 2011 mind you. I recognized a shift to shit around '07.

15. Mantana Soss

My last post on this here. Mr E was the one to light the match, yes, but was probably no more than the 4th or 5th most significant player in the process.

I'm totally public enemy number one over there now, it's actually awesome because so much of it is based on things that were completely made up.

16. Mantana Soss

And on the subject of the OP, I actually think Hubbuch is excellent. He's more of a columnist than a reporter, he's not purely negative or positive, and he's witty.

Steinberg is a hardcore source, but the extent to which he brown noses the entire 90 man roster and acts like their bro... does get a little irritating.

I legitimately think Cimini is just a SOJF. He definitely pulls for the team, and his dry humor is underrated. He's definitely a bit of a tool though.

17. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I forget where I read this (so don't ask for a link), but I saw that Manish (or any other writer that links in a tweet to the site) gets paid something like $0.05 per click...

18. Mantana Soss

so THAT's why he peddles that irritating Sulia. Ugh.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Honestly, you are probably best ignoring them all. Watch the actual interviews and press conferences instead of a dumbass reporter's summary based on one line. NY media is terrible.

20. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

@Jet Blue
    QUOTE:
    "So, if I'm Cimini, I have to get up in the morning and go into a locker room of Men who all look at me like I'm a panzy ass Douche? That's My Life?"
    "But, this Douche bag lives with it every day and enters a room where, make no mistake about it DICK, every one in that room thinks you're a Schmuck."
    "It would ruin my sleep and it would ruin my love of Sports and FOOTBALL to know I was the DICK HEAD of the local team..."

I bet it doesn't bother him at all! Look at him: he is used to being thought of as a**hole. He's got the look of a wimpy school newspaper "reporter". He knows he'll be abused, but the only way to get any relevance is to trash those big bastards. Only now he's gotten smarter - he learned to manufacture stories.