17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

From left to right as you are oin the field looking up:

334: 3 in 334 on the aisle, R11, seats 1,2,3 Also 3 in Prime, R4
    335: R 13 (3 close to 336). Also, there are 5 in R12. You could take 3 of them and that still leaves 2.
    336: From 336 toward the middle you are screwed now. A lot disappeared since this afternoon. My recommendation would have been to call and give that a try. Too late now.
    338: 3 in 338 R17 but these are Prime. You'll pay $1250. My recommendation if you're going to do that is to go back to my first line and go for R4.
    339: Zip
    340: Zip
    341: You still have 6 in R14. Take 3 and that leaves 3 which is okay with them.
    342: The 3 options are now gone low row. You do have 8 on the aisle R17. Take 3 and that still leaves 5.
    343: There are 5 in R11 but 343 is out there. if you go to 343 and move up one row, there are 7 together (on the aisle) and closer to the 50. Take 3 and that leaves 4.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Sorry, I was only looking on shady side. We only have 10 minutes. Let me look at 317.

3. Section 227. Row 5

These ARE on the ailse. Some schmuck has a hyold on 2 of the 3. This will not fly and will becmome available again after he figures that out.

4. Section 227. Row 5

310 has 3 in R13. Not aisle though.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Somebody just grabbed 2 of the 5 in 341, R14. That leaves 3. Sec 341 is a good sec and closer to the 50 than you currently are. Lots of GGers too.

6. Section 227. Row 5

OKAY... here is the deal. If you are willing to let go of the aisle thing,

Section 335 has 5 in R 12. Onlky reason they are still there is somebody who is looking for 4 cannot break it up. This is one sec closer to 50 for you and one row down.

7. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

LoL That schmuck was me!!! I was holding onto 2 of the 3 hoping the other seat would be open.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Time is up.

Study your options and my best advice is go on at 8AM exactly and put the ones you are very close with in your Shopping Cart. Then you have 10 minutes.

Mistaking 3:30 for 5:30 is a major mistake, IMO.

9. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

I made my selection. Not sure if I'm happy with them. I moved ALOT closer to the 50. Kept my aisle seats. Didn't add an extra seat. BUT I DID move back 4 rows. I pretty much moved a WHOLE 2 sections closer to the 50.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Okay so maybe it's down to 317 R12 on aisle (the 50 side) vs. 335 R12 not on aisle.

Sun always in your face but on aisle vs. sun to your back. It all depends on how close you are to your dermatologist and what your copay is for removing the melanoma off your nose 30 years from now.

Parking may enter into your decision too. If you commute by train from the city, parking means squat. If you are parking, I'd definitely go with the south sdie of the stadium.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Okay good, but you didn't have to select right now. You could have used the clock to your advantage and put them in your shopping cart.

Tomorrow morning they're still in your cart and you have 10 minutes. Are yuou sure you're not Herm Edwards? Clock Management was never his thing, you know.

12. Section 227. Row 5

This is a wise choice, IMO. 4 rows is a good price to pay for moving 2 whole sections. It makes a big difference.

One thing that amazed me in the process was how the Jets fans valued being closer to the 50. The curve is very steep on both sides of the 50. "Closer" seats are still available close to the rail at the corners, but how close is close? These people are 2 football fields away from center. So yeah, closer to the rail but man... WAY out there.

Truth be known, we're all nuts. There are very few really good seats in this monstousity unless you're willing to pay ridiculous, outrageous prices for attending (and being on the hook forever, whatever the proice increase).

13. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

LoL I wasn't aware that you could hold onto the seats over night. Oh well. It is what it is. There's always next yr.

14. Section 227. Row 5

How the hell did you slide down that far?

Believe me (and I've been looking at it for 3 days), there is NOTHING that is better than what you have now. Everything around you and 314 is gone. You two done good.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Actually, I'm not sure either. Maybe they empty all carts at the close of business.

But being it was so close to closing time it was just an idea. I figured you could think on it overnight and get 3 plans going and then go back in tomorrow at 8 and try to grab them into your cat in order of preference.

But yes, Champ brings up a very good point. There are bound to be other upgrades. They may never be like this one, because I think the Jets really went out of their way this one time and one time only. Truly high tech and user-friendly. I don't see this happening again, honestly.

But there is always the telephone, in like March.

Or you can robocall like 17a does. Put the thing on automatic dialling and pester the living daylights out of them.

16. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

17A where are your seats currently?

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

It all depends on what you prefer. For me I took comfort over anything else. I have had back surgery and need to stretch out my legs so for me the aisle was a necessity. For my dad he has had foot problems. Even though they've gotten better standing up can be an issue for long periods of time. I was offered 347 1st row on the aisle or 342 on aisle 8th row but next to 343. I felt like the 342 next to 343 was a waste. I looked at the comfort issue which was aisle and first row so my dad can sit when he wants. Also now he doesn't have to ask the person in front of him to sit down. Rails may be an issue but still the hassle is worth it. Worst case I don't renew next year.

The other thing is I didn't mind the corner end zone view. It was further but I enjoyed that part.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Took one last quick look just now before they shut me out. Everything is filling up. Total of 6 Row 1 seats left in UD. Mostly all of the Prime 1-4 are gone and of course, the sectionss are getting filled up the closer you are to the 50. No surprise there.

Now we have to see what they do in order to sell the rest of those worthless seats up above. They could always lease them out to the Heyden Planetarium and bill it as "A Walk In The Stars" because the ionisphere is at eye-level.

19. Section 227. Row 5

You gotta love it. Seriously, the way I look at it, it puts us in a good position. You probably won't walk, and the Jets know you probably won't walk, but still... they know they HAVE TO take care of us from here on out, for the life of the stadium.

I disagree with others who think the Uppers may some day go PSL. Baloney. Never going to happen. The Jets learned their lesson big time and with all the extra hassle and expense they've been through (still going through), they're not about to upset the apple cart again. No way in hell do they ever go PSL upstairs.

But what they WILL BE DOING now is catering more to the UD. They've got to listen to our complaints and not just give them lip service, but work on them unless they want to have a permanent, full-time team of sales people on commission to constantly take care of the churning.

I am talking parking mostly. Expect that be addressed even more. Perhaps across-the-board permanent discounts on Yellow. No price inceases (or a very low %) as compared to hammering the PSL sections. Believe me, if they want more revenue, the last place they'll go is the UD where they know guys will walk. They'll go to the PSLs like a heat-seeking missile.

There are laso improvements they can make upstairs to make it better. They know they've got to keep the core they've got now in order to sell more seats from Row 17 up.

When the economy turns around, I expect to see the traditional, time-honored, Woody-initiated 10% per year add-on price increases in the PSL sections only. They will have to take up the slack. In the Upper Deck, expect price increases more in line with COLA... somewhere in the vicinity of 2-3% per year. They can't hit the UD any harder because no one will go for a Row 22 seat with a price increase.

20. Section 227. Row 5

He sitteth on the right hand of God, from wence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.